Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,383 members, 7,815,811 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

Evergreen Hotel Disposes Solid and Liquid Waste Into The Gutter - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Evergreen Hotel Disposes Solid and Liquid Waste Into The Gutter (32800 Views)

Visionscape Distributes New Waste Bins To Homes And Offices In Lagos / Man Swims Inside Gutter In Owerri, Scoops Dirts With Bare Hands (Photos) / Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Evergreen Hotel Disposes Solid and Liquid Waste Into The Gutter by Ponponkon: 9:58am On Dec 29, 2015
It has been noticed with dismay and dissatisfaction the continual dumping and channeling of liquid and solid waste by some establishments to drainages. They also puncture these drainages and channel all their company wastes and rejects into it.
A typical case is that of Evergreen Hotels, situated along Umuola road by Azuka junction, who have been found culpable of this unwholesome act.
This act is unwarranted and condemnable even as Abia Government have expended so much on construction and rehabilitation of roads and drainages in the state.
The office of the Commissioner for Environment and all other concerned agencies of the State Government are hereby dully notified of this grievous offense of the Management of Evergreen Hotels on the newly constructed Umuola road drainage, which requires immediate appropriate sanction towards correcting this anomaly.
The Government of Abia State henceforth will not take it lightly with any person(s) or establishment(s) who dump refuse or channel wastes indiscriminately or unauthorized places.
The general public is hereby warned to desist from such uncivilized acts.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Evergreen Hotel Disposes Solid and Liquid Waste Into The Gutter by Ponponkon: 10:01am On Dec 29, 2015
Mynd44 and lalasticlala I'm dumbfounded as to why an establishment owned by an honourable member of the house of assembly chose to behave in this ungodly manner. Our problem in Nigeria is not really the government per say. I'm disappointed to say the least

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evergreen Hotel Disposes Solid and Liquid Waste Into The Gutter by coolcharm(m): 10:03am On Dec 29, 2015
Op, state the name and address of the organisation.

Modified

This is a serious offence in places where environmental laws are effective.

If it is true that the owner of this property is a senator, then I think his people made a mistake in choosing him to represent them.

Clearly, he has no regards for them.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evergreen Hotel Disposes Solid and Liquid Waste Into The Gutter by PentiumPro(f): 10:04am On Dec 29, 2015
Aba.
Anything is possible.

10 Likes

Re: Evergreen Hotel Disposes Solid and Liquid Waste Into The Gutter by Nobody: 10:08am On Dec 29, 2015
Wait ooo OP!
Are u reporting evergreen mgt to nairaland?
Have u reported to Abian govt?

10 Likes

Re: Evergreen Hotel Disposes Solid and Liquid Waste Into The Gutter by Ponponkon: 10:08am On Dec 29, 2015
PentiumPro:
Aba.
Anything is possible.
Every day we blame the government for not doing enough for us yet we use our hand to spoilt what was given to us. Ok,an hotel that a new access road was constructed for by the government is now engaging in an illicit act that will spoil the raod and drive customers away. infact I'm disappointed.

4 Likes

Re: Evergreen Hotel Disposes Solid and Liquid Waste Into The Gutter by looseweight: 10:10am On Dec 29, 2015
Too bad
Re: Evergreen Hotel Disposes Solid and Liquid Waste Into The Gutter by lewisacid(m): 10:10am On Dec 29, 2015
Re: Evergreen Hotel Disposes Solid and Liquid Waste Into The Gutter by Jaycules: 10:11am On Dec 29, 2015
Only in Nigeria
Re: Evergreen Hotel Disposes Solid and Liquid Waste Into The Gutter by xareal(m): 10:12am On Dec 29, 2015
na life be DAT??
Re: Evergreen Hotel Disposes Solid and Liquid Waste Into The Gutter by Nobody: 10:12am On Dec 29, 2015
shocked
Re: Evergreen Hotel Disposes Solid and Liquid Waste Into The Gutter by Kreamie(m): 10:13am On Dec 29, 2015
That it's the norm in Nigeria doesnt make it ok..This guy should be sanctioned angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Evergreen Hotel Disposes Solid and Liquid Waste Into The Gutter by Nobody: 10:13am On Dec 29, 2015
Ok
Re: Evergreen Hotel Disposes Solid and Liquid Waste Into The Gutter by yomalex(m): 10:14am On Dec 29, 2015
Irresponsibility
I had to re-read and realised where exactly does liqiud waste go > the gutter of course but the only issue I see is the solid waste

1 Like

Re: Evergreen Hotel Disposes Solid and Liquid Waste Into The Gutter by Nobody: 10:14am On Dec 29, 2015
GLOBAL WARMING AGENTS...

PS: BE LIKE THEM DEY OWE OP SOME MONTHS SALARY THERE. *joke*
Re: Evergreen Hotel Disposes Solid and Liquid Waste Into The Gutter by iwriterng(m): 10:14am On Dec 29, 2015
Iyama
Re: Evergreen Hotel Disposes Solid and Liquid Waste Into The Gutter by Ponponkon: 10:15am On Dec 29, 2015
Jaycules:
Only in Nigeria
It is unfortunate the way we behave as individuals. If the government take a hard measures on them they start crying wolf

1 Like

Re: Evergreen Hotel Disposes Solid and Liquid Waste Into The Gutter by 20bc(m): 10:15am On Dec 29, 2015
Dirty hotel angry

3 Likes

Re: Evergreen Hotel Disposes Solid and Liquid Waste Into The Gutter by ichommy(m): 10:15am On Dec 29, 2015
Chai this is bad

1 Like

Re: Evergreen Hotel Disposes Solid and Liquid Waste Into The Gutter by ephemm(m): 10:15am On Dec 29, 2015
OP, I hope U are not using NL to score political points or settle some personal vendatta.

I agree the act is bad, but I don't think we need to know that the owner is a legislator.

Ponponkon:
Mynd44 and lalasticlala I'm dumbfounded as to why an establishment owned by an honourable member of the house of assembly chose to behave in this ungodly manner. Our problem in Nigeria is not really the government per say. I'm disappointed to say the least

If U know him, write to him, explaining what the management of the hotel is doing.

1 Like

Re: Evergreen Hotel Disposes Solid and Liquid Waste Into The Gutter by Blessed779: 10:16am On Dec 29, 2015
Hmmn

Re: Evergreen Hotel Disposes Solid and Liquid Waste Into The Gutter by JaypeeAnics(m): 10:17am On Dec 29, 2015
I tell you Abia state is the worst state in the east......the present and past government are/were thieves....
I won't blame the hotel, if you come to abia state, its not r developed, bad road, no plans, building are constructed where they are not meant to be........
In the next 5years abia will still be the same......shame on orji.

1 Like

Re: Evergreen Hotel Disposes Solid and Liquid Waste Into The Gutter by Nobody: 10:17am On Dec 29, 2015
Nigeria wll be better 2morro..The 2morro of yesterday is today..

Has it turned better?

We are our own problem..#
Re: Evergreen Hotel Disposes Solid and Liquid Waste Into The Gutter by vosquare: 10:17am On Dec 29, 2015
grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Evergreen Hotel Disposes Solid and Liquid Waste Into The Gutter by afreekah: 10:18am On Dec 29, 2015
Rubbish
Re: Evergreen Hotel Disposes Solid and Liquid Waste Into The Gutter by Ponponkon: 10:19am On Dec 29, 2015
Freemanan:
GLOBAL WARMING AGENTS...

grin
Freemanan:
GLOBAL WARMING AGENTS...

I no follow for people wey dey sell their conscience over plate of soup o. The thing the vex me .
Re: Evergreen Hotel Disposes Solid and Liquid Waste Into The Gutter by jeeqaa7(m): 10:19am On Dec 29, 2015
health first
Re: Evergreen Hotel Disposes Solid and Liquid Waste Into The Gutter by hollywater: 10:19am On Dec 29, 2015
This new year 2016 will be good. Mod una free me from ban? Even when i didn't know what my offence are.

1 Like

Re: Evergreen Hotel Disposes Solid and Liquid Waste Into The Gutter by Nobody: 10:21am On Dec 29, 2015
Ponponkon:
;DI no follow for people wey dey sell their conscience over plate of soup o. The thing the vex me .

I grab Mate...
I just hope the proper authorities and eyes sees this...

Thanks for fighting for mother nature..
Re: Evergreen Hotel Disposes Solid and Liquid Waste Into The Gutter by Segadem(m): 10:23am On Dec 29, 2015
Hotel name should be changed to Never Green !
ASAP!

4 Likes

Re: Evergreen Hotel Disposes Solid and Liquid Waste Into The Gutter by Ponponkon: 10:23am On Dec 29, 2015
JaypeeAnics:
I tell you Abia state is the worst state in the east......the present and past government are/were thieves....
I won't blame the hotel, if you come to abia state, its not r developed, bad road, no plans, building are constructed where they are not meant to be........
In the next 5years abia will still be the same......shame on orji.
Still blame the government for your inability to woo a lady. I am sure you are one of those involved in this stupid acts. Everything is gradually turning around,if I am a consciences-less citizen like you I would have covered this evil act. Well do the crime and do the term....That's the Abia of Today. It is no longer business as usual.

1 Like

Re: Evergreen Hotel Disposes Solid and Liquid Waste Into The Gutter by 4ward(m): 10:24am On Dec 29, 2015
Okkkk
Ponponkon:
It has been noticed with dismay and dissatisfaction the continual dumping and channeling of liquid and solid waste by some establishments to drainages. They also puncture these drainages and channel all their company wastes and rejects into it.
A typical case is that of Evergreen Hotels, situated along Umuola road by Azuka junction, who have been found culpable of this unwholesome act.
This act is unwarranted and condemnable even as Abia Government have expended so much on construction and rehabilitation of roads and drainages in the state.
The office of the Commissioner for Environment and all other concerned agencies of the State Government are hereby dully notified of this grievous offense of the Management of Evergreen Hotels on the newly constructed Umuola road drainage, which requires immediate appropriate sanction towards correcting this anomaly.
The Government of Abia State henceforth will not take it lightly with any person(s) or establishment(s) who dump refuse or channel wastes indiscriminately or unauthorized places.
The general public is hereby warned to desist from such uncivilized acts.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Indocid Don't Kill Human But Kill Rats / 69-year-old Man Collapses, Dies In Umuahia Street (graphic Photos) / Mother At The Gym With Her Baby Strapped To Her Back (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.