Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,215 members, 7,849,758 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:11 AM

Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! (11521 Views)

We Need More Support From Igbos To Propagate Islam In South-east – Igbo Muslims / Why So Many Atheists On Nairaland Forum? / Let's Discuss About Indecent Dressing To Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by Nobody: 5:53pm On Dec 29, 2015
WTF! Why should we have an ATHEIST FORUM? Or is ATHEISM now a religion? I mean, the only thing common to any 2 atheists is a LACK OF BELIEF IN GOD. The same way I share a common unbelief/disbelief in THOR/ZEUS/POSEIDON with an Islamic terrorist.
This stupid Atheist forum is at best demon-inspired, and no FREETHINKER should even think of joining that forum.

1 Like

Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by KingEbukaNaija: 5:59pm On Dec 29, 2015
Tufanja:

Yeah, I get the point. But it just wont be my thing. Even though one can share similar interests on such a forum, finding like minded people, is like searching God. I have accepted a long way back that it is a mission impossible. Instead of atheistic activism I think the needs in this world call for another type of activism so I wanna devote my energy to that. I believe youth doesn't need advice, they need experience and they can only get that by fighting their own struggles and fights and getting to know their own self that way. Their whole life they have been bombed by advices from others (parents, school, society, etc). They got to get to the point they can advice themselves. You can only advice yourself when you know yourself. Who can better know you than you yourself? You only get to know yourself when you are put to the fire. If you are not willing to suffer for what you believe in, what you believe in is not worth it. Hooking up with people who confirm what you believe in/are interested in...gives the illusion of a warm bath...especially when the rest of your society is ridiculing what you think/believe..but it really wont offer anything that really shapes your personality...it somehow the same reason why some people go to church...to belong to something. To belong to yourself you must give up the wish to belong to something or someone. That is also where one can find the best answers in life...without distraction...

May void be with you as you have chosen to take this path

btw..the anti-atheist trolls/distractors here.. I find them often hilarious, they give me a good laugh, I wouldnt be able to invent such characters, what they type often makes me wonder..do these people really exist in real life. Life is often a comedy...

No No No . You got it all wrong . We Christians often wonder if atheists really exist in real life
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by Nobody: 6:00pm On Dec 29, 2015
JackBizzle:
Hello, everyone!

I hope you enjoyed your christimas celebrations. I have had a great year and I'm so inspired for this coming next year. The point of this thread is to get atheists to join in and discuss these issues.

1) WITH THIS LAST ELECTION, MORE AND MORE PEOPLE ARE QUESTIONING RELIGION- WHAT CAUSED IT?
During the fuel scarcity, one christian blasted another christian who wanted to go to church on sunday morning- "see this goat! You want to pray for fuel when we dont have fuel and Oando petrol station just opened this morning?" grin grin

2) WOULD YOU JOIN AN ATHEIST FORUM IF THERE WAS ONE JUST LIKE NAIRALAND BUT JUST FOR NIGERIAN ATHEISM?
We could use such forums to give advice to young atheists and also help each other. On reddit, an atheist got a job from atheism subreddit and it got me thinking how helpful an atheist forum could be. We could also advice Nigerian youths not to brandish their disbelief openly....

3) WHY ARE NAIRALAND MODS ALWAYS BIASED AND WHY DO THEY LOVE SENSELESS RELIGIOUS POSTS?
Post a sensible thread on the religion section and you will be ignored hard like a spare tyre on a good car. Post a thread about spiritual se.x or prophecies that will never happen and you will make the front page fast!

4) HOW ARE YOU GONNA AVOID CHURCH MARRIAGE IN NIGERIA, YOU DIRTY INFIDEL? grin
Smart atheist, explain how you are going to escape this one when it is time for you to get married? Do you really think it would be easy to find an atheist partner in nigeria? Do you think society does not expect a religious wedding?

johnydon22, plaetton, sonoflucifer, hahn and co....

.. "feel good" initiatives for 2016 eh? the undeniable fact is you cannot allow your beliefs isolate you from Life itself. Life is all about the Human Community Black, White, Muslim, Hindu, Christian, Yellow, Aryan, Jew etc... if your beliefs sets a reference for your reasoning to exist above all others, then you are no different from the ones "below" you. It is like the God Concept.. you cannot be all knowing, all existent and all loving and engage in a valueless bet on a man's life and his family's because Satan taunted you.. (see what I mean?) Atheists cannot infuse the culture into their genetics because they want to be purists. You live in a world that is as exacting on your belief system as you are exacting in disbelieving. keep it in your head and let the virtues live out as an example to others.. if you feel Christmas is a waste of healthy brain-cells, think of the social benefits of peace and brotherliness. it won't hurt you a bit

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by KingEbukaNaija: 6:05pm On Dec 29, 2015
timonski:
WTF! Why should we have an ATHEIST FORUM? Or is ATHEISM now a religion? I mean, the only thing common to any 2 atheists is a LACK OF BELIEF IN GOD. The same way I share a common unbelief/disbelief in THOR/ZEUS/POSEIDON with an Islamic terrorist.
This stupid Atheist forum is at best demon-inspired, and no FREETHINKER should even think of joining that forum.

A religion is organised with a common belief in a diety . Atheists have 'churches' , tv stations , twitter handles , youtube channels , common belief in void ... oh wait ... lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 29, 2015
KingEbukaNaija:

A religion is organised with a common belief in a diety . Atheists have 'churches' , tv stations , twitter handles , youtube channels , common belief in void ... oh wait ... lipsrsealed

lol
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by JackBizzle: 6:41pm On Dec 29, 2015
KingEbukaNaija:

Lol . I ransacked Nairaland's religion section and NEVER EVER saw a JackBizzle more like JackFIZZLED grin . Maybe you weren't just as good you thought you were lipsrsealed wink

Logicboy. Search for logicboy
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by JackBizzle: 6:46pm On Dec 29, 2015
voltron:

.. "feel good" initiatives for 2016 eh? the undeniable fact is you cannot allow your beliefs isolate you from Life itself. Life is all about the Human Community Black, White, Muslim, Hindu, Christian, Yellow, Aryan, Jew etc... if your beliefs sets a reference for your reasoning to exist above all others, then you are no different from the ones "below" you. It is like the God Concept.. you cannot be all knowing, all existent and all loving and engage in a valueless bet on a man's life and his family's because Satan taunted you.. (see what I mean?) Atheists cannot infuse the culture into their genetics because they want to be purists. You live in a world that is as exacting on your belief system as you are exacting in disbelieving. keep it in your head and let the virtues live out as an example to others.. if you feel Christmas is a waste of healthy brain-cells, think of the social benefits of peace and brotherliness. it won't hurt you a bit

Bros, I hail ooo! Hope you enjoyed christmas.
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by Nobody: 6:50pm On Dec 29, 2015
JackBizzle:

Bros, I hail ooo! Hope you enjoyed christmas.

Hmmmm.. one word.. never travel abroad with Family during Christmas... I now know how an ATM feels in the presence of women. grin grin
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by JackBizzle: 6:50pm On Dec 29, 2015
timonski:

99% of pictures posted by nairaland atheists on nairaland are actually copied from

-atheist groups
-humanist groups
-atheist subreddit on reddit

Bala, A Nigerian atheist was rescued from an Asylum prison by efforts of humanist organisations and atheism subreddit on reddit.

The most important advice I ever got from nairaland was from muskeeto, a Nairaland atheist on an atheist chatbox.

......and yet, people ask for the benefits of an atheist forum........

oh well.....
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by Nobody: 6:51pm On Dec 29, 2015
JackBizzle:

no way!!! the sheep slayer - soo many shepherds are after you grin grin grin
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by JackBizzle: 6:52pm On Dec 29, 2015
KingEbukaNaija:

grin grin grin

Well every Nairaland atheist I know derail our topics - edifying , meant for knowledgeable christians who are of sound mind and intellect . So its fun when you guys have a taste of your own medicine cool

[size=14pt]DEAL WITH IT [/size]

I swear to God.....I like this guy!

No homo
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by Nobody: 6:54pm On Dec 29, 2015
JackBizzle:

99% of pictures posted by nairaland atheists on nairaland are actually copied from

-atheist groups
-humanist groups

Bala, A Nigerian atheist was rescued from an Asylum prison by efforts of humanist organisations and atheism subreddit on reddit.

The most important advice I ever got from nairaland was from muskeeto, a Nairaland atheist on an atheist chatbox.

oh well.....
Is that enough reason?
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by JackBizzle: 6:56pm On Dec 29, 2015
timonski:

Is that enough reason?

I see, transforming and helping the lives of atheists and also, non-atheists as well is not reason enough for you.
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by JackBizzle: 6:57pm On Dec 29, 2015
voltron:

Hmmmm.. one word.. never travel abroad with Family during Christmas... I now know how an ATM feels in the presence of women. grin grin

Its a holiday and a foreign trip.....money spending is allowed grin

My guy, share the money!!!
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by texanomaly(f): 6:58pm On Dec 29, 2015
JackBizzle:

-atheist groups
-humanist groups

oh well.....

What was the advice?
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by JackBizzle: 7:01pm On Dec 29, 2015
texanomaly:

What was the advice?

"There are much more important things in life, dont waste your life arguing."

He didnt say that verbatim but he said it in his annoying but sarcastic tone. The advice had a profound effect on me- I used to waste my time with people who avoided the truth like cat and water. I always wanted to be right.....
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by JackBizzle: 7:13pm On Dec 29, 2015
aaronson:
Real quick, I would answer just 3 and 4 questions.
3- NL mods actually aren't biased against the truth, they are actually biased for business purpose, how? Majority of NLanders are either Christians and Muslims just few atheists so it's only business wise to support the masses just for more traffic from more people a particular post appeals to. If i was apart of the mods here, I would do same. It's business strategy even Ymodulus can testify to it lol

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3238560_nairalandmods_jpeg3237583a31e67e7e26601df27503a1f4

1 Like

Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by KingEbukaNaija: 7:23pm On Dec 29, 2015
JackBizzle:

Oh ... cool then . UyiIredia have mentioned the username before . Why JackBizzle this time ? Did LOGICal reasoning elude you?

2 Likes

Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by JackBizzle: 7:26pm On Dec 29, 2015
KingEbukaNaija:

Oh ... cool then . UyiIredia have mentioned the username before . Why JackBizzle this time ? Did LOGICal reasoning elude you?

Series of bans. Those days, atheism was treated as a nuisance. Oh and I was a very vocal atheist.

I have the record of being the first and only person to have a permanent ban (not long years but permanent ban).

1 Like

Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by KingEbukaNaija: 7:27pm On Dec 29, 2015
JackBizzle:

"There are much more important things in life, dont waste your life arguing."

He didnt say that verbatim but he said it in his annoying but sarcastic tone. The advice had a profound effect on me- I used to waste my time with people who avoided the truth like cat and water. I always wanted to be right.....

Wow . Great advice . But muskeeto is sonofLucifer and he spends most of his time defending his faith in void and science . He is hovering round this right now
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by JackBizzle: 7:28pm On Dec 29, 2015
KingEbukaNaija:

Wow . Great advice . But muskeeto is sonofLucifer and he spends most of his time defending his faith in void and science . He is hovering round this right now

lol.....the guy's head will be swelling now grin
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by KingEbukaNaija: 7:33pm On Dec 29, 2015
JackBizzle:

Series of bans. Those days, atheism was treated as a nuisance. Oh and I was a very vocal atheist.

I have the record of being the first and only person to have a permanent ban (not long years but permanent ban).

True . Atheism has always been a nuisance even now but its being tolerated this time . I even I try to so ...

Sorry for the way you treated bro .
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by KingEbukaNaija: 7:34pm On Dec 29, 2015
JackBizzle:

I swear to God.....I like this guy!

No homo

One Love . One Nigeria . One Faith . One God
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by JackBizzle: 7:35pm On Dec 29, 2015
KingEbukaNaija:

True . Atheism has always been a nuisance even now but its being tolerated this time . I even I try to so ...

Sorry for the way you treated bro .

Thanks!!

But I see great disbelief in your life. You will become strong in the force of skepticism.

Do not fight it.....it has been revealed by the great spaghetti monster!

Praise his noodleyness!

Ramen!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by onetrack(m): 7:37pm On Dec 29, 2015
JackBizzle:

-atheist groups
-humanist groups

oh well.....

Exactly. Atheists coming together to be able to work collectively on exploring various issues, as well as taking action when needed, has proved very fruitful in recent years. Even though I've been atheist for a long time, hanging out on atheist forums has vastly increased my knowledge of how to deal with god-botherers when they bother me.

1 Like

Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by KingEbukaNaija: 7:41pm On Dec 29, 2015
JackBizzle:

Thanks!!

But I see great disbelief in your life. You will become strong in the force of skepticism.

Prescience of the future belongs to God .

Do not fight it.....

I'm not fighting anything . LOL . Infact I'm in the right place which entails us to share our belief in God or in a higher power , and I'm doing that . I'm not actually sure why you are here , in the Religion section

it has been revealed by the great spaghetti monster!

Praise his noodleyness!

Ramen!

Void must be really proud of you then .
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by KingEbukaNaija: 7:42pm On Dec 29, 2015
JackBizzle:

Polyamory. Biafra. Polytheism. Many Gods

Your ban awaits you .
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by KingEbukaNaija: 7:44pm On Dec 29, 2015
onetrack:

Exactly. Atheists coming together to be able to work collectively on exploring various issues, as well as taking action when needed, has proved very fruitful in recent years. Even though I've been atheist for a long time, hanging out on atheist forums has vastly increased my knowledge of how to deal with god-botherers when they bother me.

cheesy

Your post spelt 'delusional' correctly
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by JackBizzle: 7:45pm On Dec 29, 2015
KingEbukaNaija:

Your ban awaits you .

What ban? I dont support biafra. I was making a joke.
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by JackBizzle: 7:48pm On Dec 29, 2015
onetrack:

Atheism is not even the special thing about atheists.

Some atheists are good scientists, some are good philosophers, some are talented artists, some are dedicated humanists....we all learn from each other.

I was fascinated by an atheist who is also a Buddhist.

So, you are on point- one can learn lots of things from atheist forums

2 Likes

Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by KingEbukaNaija: 7:48pm On Dec 29, 2015
JackBizzle:

What ban? I dont support biafra. I was making a joke.

Well you have to explain to them after the ban grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What's A Soul? Do Animals Have Souls? / What Is The Spiritual Effect Of Sleeping With A Woman On Period / Black Authorities Must Adresss Wicked Blacks Or Face Divine Judgement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.