Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,121 members, 7,863,907 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:44 AM

Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen (29139 Views)

Click To Watch Video>>on The Moment A Nigerian Policemen Disgrace Civil Defense / 4 Tips To Help You Become Free Of Your Every Addiction / 10 Disgraceful Habits Displayed By Nigerian Policemen In Public Places (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen by tempest01(m): 6:55pm On Dec 29, 2015
One says don't run , the other (4)says take to your heels...Which one?
Re: Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen by omooba969(m): 6:55pm On Dec 29, 2015
Disarm the police if he starts to harrass you with his gun. grin
Re: Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen by deeswagger: 6:56pm On Dec 29, 2015
Mamywatobi:
I Hate police men!

This your cake, can u give me the English part, my english is soo poor i need this cake to help me rectify it. .. grin
Re: Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen by tyrone07(m): 6:59pm On Dec 29, 2015
follow these tips and you will be saving your own life. Gracias op

1 Like

Re: Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen by ademega(m): 6:59pm On Dec 29, 2015
if u see them run
Re: Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen by Btruth: 7:00pm On Dec 29, 2015
Good tips.
Re: Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen by MARYchiells(f): 7:01pm On Dec 29, 2015
I fear them like say them be BH. I no follow = #10,000. U want try?
Re: Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen by missKiffy(f): 7:03pm On Dec 29, 2015
Valid tips
Re: Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen by mohsaaf: 7:05pm On Dec 29, 2015
am guilty of almost all. Pls baba God save me nd evrybdy wth strong head like me
Re: Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen by woodmood: 7:07pm On Dec 29, 2015
As much as you can, BE POLITE.

When you are close to a police check point, try and wind down your window before you get to them. An average policeman feels "somehow" when a car approaches with it's windows up when the car is being flagged down (they hate it more when they have been in the scorching sun for a while). By doing this, they have the feeling you are feeling their pain.

The word "Good day Sir" to an officer works wonder. Learn to say it whenever you approach them.

Most importantly, NEVER JOKE WITH THOSE ONES ON THE HIGHWAY especially if the checkpoint is a border line between two states.

1 Like

Re: Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen by nigeriancuban: 7:11pm On Dec 29, 2015
lol at the police pics,they look like they be end dipped inside a clothe dye....
Re: Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen by luckyboss(m): 7:11pm On Dec 29, 2015
Thank God i rejected the offer of been a policeman by my uncle.
Re: Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen by phurlahan(m): 7:11pm On Dec 29, 2015
Option 1 and 4 come be the same thing..

Best advice na to cho shocked shocked
Re: Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen by emmymdk: 7:13pm On Dec 29, 2015
After hanging our with friends and loved ones on the 25th of December somewhere Owerri and was heading back to hometown "ORLU", and ran into a Police check point along Alvan Ikoku Federal College of Education. I was taken to Shell Camp Police Station around 12am and was unlawfully locked up because they saw 250k in my Venza. I was ready to give them money but they requested for 150k. The Nigerian Police Force is never a friend and can never be.
Re: Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen by megabyte2(f): 7:14pm On Dec 29, 2015
I hate Nigeria police most of them are animal
Re: Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen by Fawie(m): 7:16pm On Dec 29, 2015
for real!! what do u mean by dues
Re: Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen by sapientia(m): 7:16pm On Dec 29, 2015
No 2?

No no no
Re: Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen by themayor4542(m): 7:17pm On Dec 29, 2015
vicostyles:
Dangerous Species grin grin grin grin
I hate police with passion.
Re: Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen by mrvictor: 7:21pm On Dec 29, 2015
...and I ask again,
Is the police our friend?
Re: Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen by StarMogul(m): 7:22pm On Dec 29, 2015
kekakuz:
[size=20pt] long story
The number1 safety tip is to hold 20 naira[/size]
Lmao....dem go slap u and ur 20 naira grin
Re: Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen by Bollinger(m): 7:29pm On Dec 29, 2015
Police don become hazard for Nigeria wey people go de run from.
Re: Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen by ojnnaco(m): 7:29pm On Dec 29, 2015
one is Gun is automatically in power ... police or not
Re: Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen by GreatManBee: 7:30pm On Dec 29, 2015
sketcherJ:
Police is our friend at least that is what they say, but we have come to question this statement now and often due to the nefarious and unwholesome activities of some bad eggs in the police force, these are some good tips for you to make sure you don't encounter or be a victim of these bad activities

1. Never run away from a policeman : Never run from a Nigerian policeman, whether you are innocent or guilty or you are automatically signing your death warrant, in many European countries, their police force are equipped with tasers and stun guns to use on running criminals or offenders, but the case is not so in Nigeria, where the policemen only have loaded guns with no safety catch,.
some policemen are too lazy to chase criminals, they just let the velocity of their bullets do the running business.

2. Give them their dues : whenever you meet police men at checkpoints , and they ask you for money whether legally or illegally. Please give them, don't try to be the know it all or try to be one who is current in law matters, this might sound stupid but remember you are doing this for your life and the passengers you have in your care, we have heard and seen cases of drivers refusing to give policemen their dues and their passengers suffered dearly for it.

3. Don't joke or argue with a drunk policeman ; whenever you are at a bar and you see drunk policemen with guns. It is better for you to leave the bar club or joint discreetly ,but if you must stay, avoid the policemen like fleas and don't draw too much attention to yourself, drunk policemen are just like time bombs waiting to explode. Don't joke with them, because in their drunken state, they might not able to get the meaning of your jokes well , a drunk civilian can cause havoc not to talk of a drunk policeman with a loaded gun.

4. Watch the signs ; whenever you find yourself around a policeman with a gun whether drunken or sober, always watch for any hostility signs in them , especially when a policeman start talking about killing.e.g I feel like killing somebody today, I will shoot you, if you try me, I will show you pepper etc.. Don't wait to see if the policeman is actually bluffing, take to your heels .

5. Be cautious or avoid areas where a policeman had recently been injured or beaten : when you hear or you actually see a policeman being beaten in an area, please avoid going to the area for some time, because the policemen will come for their revenge and they either they do it directly or indirectly.. Directly ( by shooting at or battering some marked men at the area) indirectly ( by arresting the residents of the area and charging them with numerous framed offences)

6. Avoid confrontations with policemen during protest : avoid daring confrontations with policemen during protests whether peaceful or not, even if you are doing it for a just cause, don't throw stones, pure water etc at them, even if you are in the company of your friends , in a crowd or public gathering, remember a bullet has no person's name on it , in a crowd...it could hit you , or anybody close to you.

See more at: http://dandywriter..com.ng/2015/12/safety-tips-to-use-around-nigerian.html?m=1#sthash.uclTdhaI.dpuf-
Re: Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen by Hassanjj(m): 7:32pm On Dec 29, 2015
God pls. Safe my country. People that are meant to protect the lives and properties of the citizens, they are the ones we ar now taking safety tips for. OMASEO
Re: Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen by BuddhaPalm(m): 7:32pm On Dec 29, 2015
I dey tell you.
Re: Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen by Toosure70: 7:36pm On Dec 29, 2015
Just to tell you that nigeria policemen are mad
Re: Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen by armadeo(m): 7:36pm On Dec 29, 2015
In big willy's voice...
" here comes the men in black"
" civil right abusers"
" here comes the men in black"
" 59bucks or your life"

" your friends wear black, never ever make eye contact"

" free them when they're drunk else you be going home in a wooden trunk"

Don't ever report a crime else you just might do the time"

They're your friend/ like Chucky till the very end.

Here comes the MIB
Re: Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen by professore(m): 7:37pm On Dec 29, 2015
The op is your friend
Re: Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen by Osemekedgreat3(m): 7:38pm On Dec 29, 2015
it pains me so much that many people do not understand the meaning of police is ur friend, it simply means that no body is a monopoly of police, u can be a suspect in d police net ant tomorrow be a complaints to police, police stand for every body,police is ur friend does not means that when u
commit an offence u will not be punish of a wrong act, after punishing u,u can still be a complaints in police station.hope u get it right
Re: Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen by tartar9(m): 7:39pm On Dec 29, 2015
sketcherJ:
[s] Police is our friend at least that is what they say, but we have come to question this statement now and often due to the nefarious and unwholesome activities of some bad eggs in the police force, these are some good tips for you to make sure you don't encounter or be a victim of these bad activities

1. Never run away from a policeman : Never run from a Nigerian policeman, whether you are innocent or guilty or you are automatically signing your death warrant, in many European countries, their police force are equipped with tasers and stun guns to use on running criminals or offenders, but the case is not so in Nigeria, where the policemen only have loaded guns with no safety catch,.
some policemen are too lazy to chase criminals, they just let the velocity of their bullets do the running business.

2. Give them their dues : whenever you meet police men at checkpoints , and they ask you for money whether legally or illegally. Please give them, don't try to be the know it all or try to be one who is current in law matters, this might sound stupid but remember you are doing this for your life and the passengers you have in your care, we have heard and seen cases of drivers refusing to give policemen their dues and their passengers suffered dearly for it.

3. Don't joke or argue with a drunk policeman ; whenever you are at a bar and you see drunk policemen with guns. It is better for you to leave the bar club or joint discreetly ,but if you must stay, avoid the policemen like fleas and don't draw too much attention to yourself, drunk policemen are just like time bombs waiting to explode. Don't joke with them, because in their drunken state, they might not able to get the meaning of your jokes well , a drunk civilian can cause havoc not to talk of a drunk policeman with a loaded gun.

4. Watch the signs ; whenever you find yourself around a policeman with a gun whether drunken or sober, always watch for any hostility signs in them , especially when a policeman start talking about killing.e.g I feel like killing somebody today, I will shoot you, if you try me, I will show you pepper etc.. Don't wait to see if the policeman is actually bluffing, take to your heels .

5. Be cautious or avoid areas where a policeman had recently been injured or beaten : when you hear or you actually see a policeman being beaten in an area, please avoid going to the area for some time, because the policemen will come for their revenge and they either they do it directly or indirectly.. Directly ( by shooting at or battering some marked men at the area) indirectly ( by arresting the residents of the area and charging them with numerous framed offences)

6. Avoid confrontations with policemen during protest : avoid daring confrontations with policemen during protests whether peaceful or not, even if you are doing it for a just cause, don't throw stones, pure water etc at them, even if you are in the company of your friends , in a crowd or public gathering, remember a bullet has no person's name on it , in a crowd...it could hit you , or anybody close to you.

See more at: http://dandywriter..com.ng/2015/12/safety-tips-to-use-around-nigerian.html?m=1#sthash.uclTdhaI.dpuf-[/s]
always have your 20 naira with you
Re: Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen by Odunsco01(m): 7:43pm On Dec 29, 2015
OP na police wat u jst said is partially true.... But if we adhere to all u've listed hu will nw fix dproblems Nigeria police hav?
Re: Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen by Nobody: 7:44pm On Dec 29, 2015
I consider the NP officers as a very dangerous and deadly group of people. Poorly trained, poorly equipped, poorly motivated, poorly paid, families living in filthy barracks, they are a very dangerous people to accost any day and any time.

Please avoid as much as possible anything that will cause a form of disagreement with those deadly guys. Avoid them tactfully at ALL costs.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Happy New Year 2015! / 16 Surreal Places Found On Earth / 6 Most Fatal Stampedes In History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.