Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,809 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Do You Think Catholicism Undervalue Women? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Think Catholicism Undervalue Women? (425 Views)

Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! / The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) / Are Roman Catholicism And Christianity The Same Thing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Think Catholicism Undervalue Women? by Tallesty1(m): 3:44pm On Dec 29, 2015
Sometimes when I consider the roles given to women in catholic church, I would wonder if we know what it means to be a woman, to love like a woman, work like a woman, or serve like a woman and what Christ teaches about women and their role in his ministry.

Think about it. The government of the catholic church apparently has SEXISM embedded deeply in its structure.

Apart from the fact that women in the church aren't allowed to preside at Mass, to wear the cassock of a cardinal, nor the vestments of a pope, every of the church's symbolism, rituals, and vocabulary exalt men over women.

Male clergy are typically called “father,” which connotes authority. Women in religious orders are usually called “sister".angryangry.

A church that adore and respect Mary the way we do shouldn't bar women from certain positions simply because they are women. When challenges to that imbalance are met with the insistence that what was must always be it trumps enlightenment and good sense.
Re: Do You Think Catholicism Undervalue Women? by Publicnusiance(m): 3:48pm On Dec 29, 2015
Oh, i dont think
Re: Do You Think Catholicism Undervalue Women? by Tallesty1(m): 3:51pm On Dec 29, 2015
Publicnusiance:
Oh, i dont think
gringringringringrin

I think so
Re: Do You Think Catholicism Undervalue Women? by Pavore9: 4:05pm On Dec 29, 2015
Every one do have a role to play.
Re: Do You Think Catholicism Undervalue Women? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Dec 29, 2015
Extremely silly thread. Catholic church is the only Christian organisation that values and respects the contributions of the Blessed Virgin Mary in the Christian life.
Re: Do You Think Catholicism Undervalue Women? by Tallesty1(m): 5:37pm On Dec 29, 2015
kITATITA:
Extremely silly thread. Catholic church is the only Christian organisation that values and respects the contributions of the Blessed Virgin Mary in the Christian life.
Dam!

Did you read the thread at all?

(1) (Reply)

The Greatness Of God. / 2016:my Year Of Miracles Unheard Of / Archbishop Desmond Tutu's Actions Condoning Lesbianism In The Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.