Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,942 members, 7,835,139 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

Otukpo People Will Play NBA Basketball In My Lifetime - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Otukpo People Will Play NBA Basketball In My Lifetime (396 Views)

Bukola Saraki Playing Basketball In His Compound, Congratulates D'tigers (video) / David Mark Celebrates Christmas With His Otukpo People (Photos) / Photos: Bukola Saraki Plays Basketball In Honor Of D'tigers Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Otukpo People Will Play NBA Basketball In My Lifetime by nairalandfreak(m): 6:18pm On Dec 29, 2015
Former Senate President, David Mark, has said one of his goals is to see the people of Otukpo, Benue State play basketball at the highest level.

Mark told the News Agency of Nigeria in his hometown, Otukpo, on Monday that his love for sports would outlive his presence in the Senate as it predated his foray into politics.

He explained that his love for sports manifested in the establishment of a Golf Academy and sponsorship of the annual Mark d’ ball basketball competition, which had attracted local and international athletes to Otukpo.

According to Mark, the establishment of Mark Mentors, a DSTV Premier League Basketball team, and APA United Football Club, a pro league team, are proof of his love and support for sports.

He stressed that these sports outfits would continue to exist through the Mark Scholarship and Sports Foundation whether he was dead or alive.

Mark said, “Nigerians are always united in sports, so this is my own way of lifting sports in Nigeria; my promise to you is that, even the Mark d’ ball competition will outlive me.

“We have sent five young boys to Scotland to represent Nigeria in golf competition and today, the golf academy is training over 300 boys. Our team, Mark Mentors, won the 2015 DSTV Premier Basketball League; and now in Otukpo, we have been able to raise a national champion in basketball.

“I assure you that in my lifetime, Otukpo people will play at the International level and at the National Basketball Association league in the United States.

“I will continue to support sports because it has kept us together and has provided opportunities for our young boys and girls to be useful to themselves and the nation.”

The former Senate President dismissed doubts on the hosting of the 2015 Mark d’ ball competition, saying that the event had come to stay, whether he was in the Senate or not.

He said, “There were lot of doubts whether we will sponsor this year’s event or not. Whether I am in the Senate or not, it makes no difference to me as far as encouraging young boys and girls are concerned.

“More players will be sponsored abroad through the foundation; it is a foundation which after I have completely gone will still be there. This is not a political arrangement because I was awarding scholarships to people before I joined politics and I am still doing it.”

SOURCE: https://www.thenews.ng/metro/otukpo-people-will-play-nba-basketball-in-my-lifetime/
Re: Otukpo People Will Play NBA Basketball In My Lifetime by babyfaceafrica: 6:20pm On Dec 29, 2015
Yimu

1 Like

Re: Otukpo People Will Play NBA Basketball In My Lifetime by kennydee05(m): 6:27pm On Dec 29, 2015
Though it is bad to say an elder is lying, but with what I have read, this man is lying.

NBA kooor NPA niii

(1) (Reply)

Response To Femi Fani-kayode’s Diatribe Against PMB / The Sycophant Of Looters, The Kin Of Criminals... Enemy Of The Nation / Femi Fani Kayode Open Letter To PMB.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.