Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,974 members, 7,835,273 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

In Pictures:Governor Rochas Okorocha Presents 2016 Budget Of N102.2 Billion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In Pictures:Governor Rochas Okorocha Presents 2016 Budget Of N102.2 Billion (922 Views)

Okorocha Presents 25 Prado Jeeps & 2 Land Cruisers To Imo Lawmakers / Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly / Photo Of Saraki & Dogara Laughing As Buhari Presents 2016 Budget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Pictures:Governor Rochas Okorocha Presents 2016 Budget Of N102.2 Billion by stephenduru: 7:28pm On Dec 29, 2015
Imo State Governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha has presented the 2016 Budget to the State House of Assembly, proposing a total of N102,208,328,832 (One hundred and two billion, two hundred and
eight million, three hundred and twenty eight thousand, eight hundred and thirty two Naira) for the fiscal year.

Presenting the budget to the Assembly on Tuesday,
December 29, 2015, Governor Okorocha said out of the total budget proposal consists of N44.045 billion capital expenditure representing 43.1% of the total budget, and N58.165 billion Recurrent expenditure which represents 56.9% of the total budget.

In the budget tagged “Budget of “Consolidation and continuity,”Governor Okorocha stated that the 2016 budget was lower than that of 2015 budget by
N41.11 billion which represents 28.7%, stressing that
the core objective of the 2016 budget would be to satisfy the desires of the good people of the state in line with the Rescue Mission programme of the administration which is to rescue the state from the
shackles of poverty,deprivation, and under development.He also remarked that the state would be launched on a steady path of sustainable economic growth and development;adding that the budget figure was arrived at after due bilateral discussions with all stakeholders through the
ministries, departments and agencies coupled with the revenue performance of 2015.In the recurrent expenditure,Consolidated Revenue fund
charges would have N18.3 billion, and overhead costs,N12.4 billion, Personnel costs,N10.3 billion, and subvention costs, N16.86. Under the capital expenditure, the Economic sector takes the lion
share of N27.3billion, followed by General Administration which has N10.8 billion and the least being ISOPADEC having N300 million.

The governor said “recent happenings regarding inflows from the federation account make it imperative for us to follow the Public Private
Partnership (PPP) Investments initiatives that will drive increased yield in our Internally Generated Revenue(IGR). The government’s reforms already on-going will be sustained. We have worked
tirelessly to attain this height.”

Sam Onwuemeodo

Chief Press Secretary to the
Governor

Re: In Pictures:Governor Rochas Okorocha Presents 2016 Budget Of N102.2 Billion by Titto93(m): 7:31pm On Dec 29, 2015
Has he paid workers?
Re: In Pictures:Governor Rochas Okorocha Presents 2016 Budget Of N102.2 Billion by stephenduru: 8:45pm On Dec 29, 2015
Titto93:
Has he paid workers?
Is he owing u?
Re: In Pictures:Governor Rochas Okorocha Presents 2016 Budget Of N102.2 Billion by Mekus68: 8:55pm On Dec 29, 2015
Unfortunately, both the federal and state governments budget for 2016 will mostly be borrowed, hence enslaving the people the more.
Re: In Pictures:Governor Rochas Okorocha Presents 2016 Budget Of N102.2 Billion by ExplorerReturns(m): 9:12pm On Dec 29, 2015
Titto93:
Has he paid workers?

yeah he paid health workers today. The man is a bastard. He deducted a wooping sum of 120,000 from my mothers salary. He owes my mother nine months salary arrears but paid them only eight months and he reduced their salary by deducting 16,000 from their original salary.
The man is a certified bastard
Re: In Pictures:Governor Rochas Okorocha Presents 2016 Budget Of N102.2 Billion by Trailblazer1(m): 9:40pm On Dec 29, 2015
grin

Borrowing every where.

With the rate we are borrowing these days, may we not end up borrowing a President undecided
Re: In Pictures:Governor Rochas Okorocha Presents 2016 Budget Of N102.2 Billion by Nobody: 9:43pm On Dec 29, 2015
I am beginning to have doubts about Okorocha.

Why a budget tagged consolidation and continuity when we want change?

Why has he not paid his workers, whilst building Almajiri schools in other states?

I will start watching him now.
Re: In Pictures:Governor Rochas Okorocha Presents 2016 Budget Of N102.2 Billion by Johncoolboy: 9:45pm On Dec 29, 2015
HEART TOUCHING STORY!!!
This one cuts deep inside,will make you cry..!!
--------------------------------------------------
[size=23pt]The Love Story of a Unilag Babe and Bus Conductor[/size]

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

Something interesting happened on my way to Oshodi this
morning. At the park this rough mean-looking conductor
also known as “agbero” in Yoruba was screaming for
passengers, his vernacular oscillating between Yoruba and
pidgin English.
“Oshod! Oshod!” He shouted angrily as I along with some
other passengers scuttled for seats. There was this beautiful
young lady who couldn’t throw caution and decorum to the
wind but waited patiently until the bus was almost filled.

Then she pleaded to sit by the agbero until somebody came
down then she would pay for a proper seat.
The agbero didn’t even look at her pretty face, he hissed and
shouted to the driver to move that why didn’t she rush when
others were rushing. The girl started pleading in Yoruba and
clean ‘oyinbo’ english; “please, ejó, help me out sir, I know
you are a good man, never mind all this shout you have
been shouting (people burst into laughter). Let me sit by
your side please”.

Finally with much squeezing of face the agbero relented and
she sat beside him. It was a tight squeeze but she didn’t
complain but rather started praising the agbero.
He in turn started teasing her, speaking (and sometimes spitting by
mistake) into her face but the girl never looked away, she
never let the smile leave her face. He asked her where she
worked and she replied that she was a student in the
University of Lagos (UNILAG) studying accounting.

He teased her in Yoruba about her boyfriend and car (maybe asking
why her boyfriend didn’t drop her at her destination…she
laughed it off and continued to gist with the guy in Yoruba.

When she reached her junction the agbero alighted the bus
for her to come down. She did and paid her transport fare,
then the agbero told her to give him a peck on the cheek for
being so ‘gentlemanly’. At this point some of us became
indignant, haba! He had been teasing her since, he should
let her go.
[/b]
Click Here to Continue Reading...
Re: In Pictures:Governor Rochas Okorocha Presents 2016 Budget Of N102.2 Billion by ENDTIMEISNEAR: 10:19pm On Dec 29, 2015
yeah he paid health workers today. The man is a bastard. He deducted a wooping sum of 120,000 from my mothers salary. He owes my mother nine months salary arrears but paid them only eight months and he reduced their salary by deducting 16,000 from their original salary.
The man is a certified bastard

Too Bad All Nigerian Politicians are thief Ole Ole.
Re: In Pictures:Governor Rochas Okorocha Presents 2016 Budget Of N102.2 Billion by EdCure: 10:28pm On Dec 29, 2015
This borrowing trend calls for serious concern.
These governors need to spend prudently within the limits of available resources/income.

1 Like

Re: In Pictures:Governor Rochas Okorocha Presents 2016 Budget Of N102.2 Billion by stephenduru: 4:06pm On Dec 30, 2015
EdCure:
This borrowing trend calls for serious concern.
These governors need to spend prudently within the limits of available resources/income.
lol

(1) (Reply)

Inspector General Of Police Ban Illegal Accessing Of Mobile Phones / Kogi Governor Elect Yahaya Bello Constitutes 8 Committees For Inauguration / Bankole Detained In Underground Cell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.