Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

Questions For Fuhrer Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Questions For Fuhrer Buhari (417 Views)

Jibrin Raises 20 Questions For Dogara / Buhari: An Igbo-hating Anti-democracy Fuhrer Reeks of Adolf Hitler & Mobutu Seko / 10 Questions For Igbo’s Seeking Ikwerre Citizenship & Acknowledgement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Questions For Fuhrer Buhari by parisbookaddict(f): 9:49pm On Dec 29, 2015
I try to follow nigerian politics as much as I can, but in all honesty, I fall short...however, not for lack of trying.

The Nigerian political environment is sad and frustrating especially when you see what focused and transparent democratic governments are able to do for their people and how ordinary citizens and journalists partake in political discourse without fear of retribution and are free to petition their legislators on issues on their behalf.

I don't expect much from this government as I did not expect much from the past one but questions have to be asked so we know where we are going as a people.

In less that 76 hours we will usher in a new year and adjust to the inevitable inflated cost of goods and services that we have come to expect year after year. This coming year will be more challenging because we also have to contend with lack of Forex, scarcity of fuel, increased electricity tariff, job losses and the dwindling value of the Naira.

So, I do believe many Nigerians have questions for the man who leads us, our aged and presumably wise and experienced President Buhari.

1. Mr president, What is going on with the fuel scarcity. How long do we have to suffer to get fuel in a country that is the largest producer of crude oil in Africa. What are DPR, PPMC, NNPC and the other myriad of organizations that are supposed to ensure fuel at the pumps doing. 8 months is enough time to have a comprehensive plan on tackling this shameful abnormality.

2. Dear president, I haven't heard anything from you on the unfortunate murder of over 300 shites by members of OUR OWN army. Who will bear responsibility and be punished for such a brutal killing of both the armed and unarmed members of a religious minority.

3. Talking about killing of minorities, let's talk about the unarmed and peaceful biafra protesters who have been killed over the last few months especially in Anambra. Has Nigeria become a fascist dictatorship. Are the rights of Free assembly and protest now void. I believe in One Nigeria and our beautiful diversity but I also believe any person has the right to protest for whatever and not have to worry about getting shot by people whose duty is to protect them. When will their killers be brought to justice Mr president.

4. Speaking of dictatorship, Please my Fuhrer can you explain why a member of your party is sponsoring a social media bill aimed at stifling freedom of expression. This is quite similar to a popular decree of yours in the 80s. You are a democrat now, tell the unimaginative senator to sponsor bills that actually help the masses and not protect our overfed politicians.

5. My president, your appointments so far reeks of nepotism. Should we come to expect more of that from you next year. More relatives in sensitive positions?? Imagine if the fellow from bayelsa did that while in office. Is this democratic?

6. My President, so far your delay in appointing ministers led to major losses in the Nigerian stock market. Most of the nigerian people are unaware of the disastrous consequences of your delay. Nigerians forget so easily and this is why politicians get away with so much in this country. What is your plans to remedy the steadily and constantly falling value of the nigerian stock market. The Nigerian Stock Exchange, NSE, recorded a loss of N823 billion in the value of the market between your inauguration up until July 10, has any of your advisers told u about that.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-07-01/nigerian-stocks-drop-most-in-12-weeks-as-buhari-delays-cabinet

http://bizwatchnigeria.ng/buharis-cabinet-delay-costs-nigerian-stock-market-n823-billion/

7. Mr president, when will you conclusively crush Boko Haram. Should we still expect "soft target attacks" as the minister of information suggests, even though your administration claims that Boko haram has been technically defeated. 2 bomb blasts killed over 30people between the 27th and 28th of Dec. Apparently someone needs to let the Boko haram group know that they have been technically defeated.

8. My President, what are your plans for the IDP of the North east. These Nigerians have suffered enough. Their camps are appalling. How will these Nigerians be re-integrated back into the Nigerian society.

9. Mr president, someone needs to let the CBN governor know that banning the use of ATMs abroad is a Very Bad idea. A lot of students, business people, expatriates, etc will suffer.

Most Nigerians Know the Forex issue we have at the moment is not your fault but since you are president and a 4-time contestant for the position, you should have a plan for such a very important issue.
I have one idea, start the process of freezing foreign accounts of the looters of this country, its not a big deal for ICPC, and EFCC.

10. My Fuhrer, the rate of the depreciation of the naira is alarming. What exactly is your minister of finance doing about this. I keep wondering why such an inexperienced person is in such a critical position. its only a matter of time before she is removed, the sooner the better.

11. Mr president, businesses are struggling and our growth forecast has been cut by the IMF.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/imf-cuts-nigeria-s-gdp-growth-forecast-to-4-/222180/

The truth is that the lowered IMF forecast is optimistic.

Let's do the math;

you currently have restrictions on Forex, the stock is on a free fall south, FDIs are not coming in, an inexperienced minister of finance at the helm,a Massive Budget with a huge chunk of which will be borrowed, falling oil prices and its sums up to a very gloomy economic outlook for Nigeria.

We will be luck to not go into recession soon.

12. I have so many other important questions to ask. For example;
~when will the terrible state of roads in the south east be addressed.
~What can be done to rescue neglected almajiris in the north and give them a proper education.
~what is your plans to tackle future homegrown terrorist groups or at least to monitor Islamic scholars who encourage fanatical Islamic ideology
~How will the massive Jamb and Wassce failures country wide be handled.
~When will the propaganda against the last Administration end (the election is over Mr. lai mohammed, get to work).
~when are we going to see some corrupt public officials go to jail. You promised us you belong to nobody and you belong to everybody. I would like to believe it means you will have no favorites in your quest to end corruption.
I remember a certain fellow who stuffed foreign currents into his Abagada, was also caught on audio tape and video allegedly asking for and collecting bribe and yet he remains a free man. Are we going to see anybody go to jail for robbing Nigerians and disgracing his office by demanding bribes.

When will justice come to nigerians.
Will it be next year, MR President

(1) (Reply)

Kanu Apologises To President Buhari Https:///2rvserflpl / '#thecourt' Most Used Phrase PMB Media Chat / New Year Message From 'tosin Jegede

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.