Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,462 members, 7,830,296 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

Who Is Bigger, Madrid Or Man U? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Who Is Bigger, Madrid Or Man U? (8213 Views)

Bendtner: I Want To Play For Real Madrid Or Barcelona Next. / Chelsea's Quadruple Or Man Utd's Treble / MIkel Obi's Current Club: Chelsea or Man U? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Bigger, Madrid Or Man U? by Krayola(m): 6:01pm On Jun 22, 2009
~Sauron~:

U must be smoking woolies.
Nike have a strong hold in South America as they sponsor the biggest South American clubs like Boca Juniors and Corinthians.
They also have individual contracts with certain players. . . . . . . .
Are u aware Cristiano Ronaldo would still be wearing his nike boots on Real Madrid's adidas shirts?

Nike only sponsors 2 teams in Argentina. Adidas, Puma, Diadora are all bigger in South America than Nike. South America is a huge market and Nike don't have a strong hold on shit.
Re: Who Is Bigger, Madrid Or Man U? by Sauron1: 6:26pm On Jun 22, 2009
Krayola:

Nike only sponsors 2 teams in Argentina. Adidas, Puma, Diadora are all bigger in South America than Nike. South America is a huge market and Nike don't have a strong hold on shit.

U are not intelligent.
Nike sponsor 2 club teams in Argentina(Boca Juniors, Atlas) and 2 in Brazil(Corinthians, Flamengo).
Adidas sponsor 2 club teams in Argentina(River Plate, Club Athletico) and 2 in Brazil(Fluminense, Palmeiras).
If we judge the quality of the clubs the 2 sports giants sponsor, NIKE win by light years.

Now what make Nike gigantic in South America? It is the individual deals they have with top players in South America.
Where should i start? Luiz Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Robinho, Fabiano, Aguero, Mascherano, Tevez, etc.
U have a way of dipping your nose in what you are clueless about.
Nike are the giants of South America and the way they force Man Utd star players on the populace is what makes United popular down there.
Re: Who Is Bigger, Madrid Or Man U? by Krayola(m): 8:14pm On Jun 22, 2009
~Sauron~:

U are not intelligent.
Nike sponsor 2 club teams in Argentina(Boca Juniors, Atlas) and 2 in Brazil(Corinthians, Flamengo).
Adidas sponsor 2 club teams in Argentina(River Plate, Club Athletico) and 2 in Brazil(Fluminense, Palmeiras).

1) Are you 100% sure about that?

~Sauron~:

If we judge the quality of the clubs the 2 sports giants sponsor, NIKE win by light years.

2) see 1

~Sauron~:

Now what make Nike gigantic in South America? It is the individual deals they have with top players in South America.
Where should i start? Luiz Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Robinho, Fabiano, Aguero, Mascherano, Tevez, etc.
U have a way of dipping your nose in what you are clueless about.
Nike are the giants of South America and the way they force Man Utd star players on the populace is what makes United popular down there.

U're fukn pathetic . . .  The biggest brand in football is Adidas. That is their bread and butter. My gateman knows that. I don't even believe we are debating this. It is common knowledge. I've know that since I was a child. Nike is making a push for it, but they are still playing catch up.

Nike is a marketing company . . they get big players to do commercials and move products. They have been extremely successful in other sports, but Adidas is still the master when it comes to football. The first time Nike Ever had more teams in the world cup than Adidas was the last world cup, which is because several Adidas sponsored countries did not qualify.

Now, you do realize that adidas now owns reebok, and is closing in on Nike in the overall sporting market.

I don't know much about the brazilian league so i'll shut up . . .i'll look it up later though, cause i'm sure as usual u're just yarnin dust

South America is no man's land. Adidas has been in there for a while (also sponsor estudiantes and Gimnasia y Esgrima de Jujuy in Argentina, 2 teams u "forgot" to mention). But even Puma and Diadora have lots of muscle there. Nike is just trying to do grags. Nike is relatively new in Football, Sauron. They are playing catch up. That's just the plain truth of the matter

Now as far as Argentina is concerned, u obviously don't have a clue. There are like a million club Atleticos in argentina. . its like saying FC ___, wtf is that? Pretty much every club in the fuckin league has Club Atletico in front of their name. Bushman. Abeg no dey waste my time.  grin

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Adidas

Adidas and its famous three stripe logo were officially introduced and trademarked in 1948 and 1949. Adidas, named using the beginnings of founder Adi Dassler's first and last name, was founded and remains headquartered in Germany and has always had an old-school European feel to its company and its products. There was always a focus on producing technologically sound and innovative sporting goods products that continues today even as the company has expanded its products and brand as a lifestyle and not merely sporting goods.

Adidas has recently grown through its acquisition of Reebok International Limited in 2006 boosting Adidas' revenues from billion to billion. This acquisition has helped Adidas close the gap on Nike in overall sporting goods sales while still claiming to maintain its supremacy in soccer.

Adidas has been the worldwide leader in the soccer category for many years and is striving to maintain that elite status while fending off Nike. As an official partner of FIFA and sponsor of the World Cup, Adidas enjoys exclusive marketing and advertising rights in connection to the world's most watched sporting event. This is a tremendous advantage for Adidas during the World Cup that must provide a boost in order for Adidas to remain the clear leader in the global soccer market.

Adidas's main advantage over Nike is its exclusive rights agreement for the World Cup. In 2005, Adidas extended its official sponsorship of the World Cup with FIFA through the 2014 tournament for 0 million, extending its opportunity to be the exclusive sporting goods company associated with the World Cup. In this year's tournament, Adidas will have its new prototype ball in use for the entire tournament, its logo on referee uniforms, advertisements around the pitch, advertisements on the official website, and advertising inside and outside of tournament stadiums. This exclusivity will allow the Adidas brand to be seen over and over by the billions of viewers who will tune into the game.

Adidas is also the official sponsor of twenty-one national teams including the following six teams that made the 2006 World Cup: Argentina, France, Germany, Japan, Spain, and Trinidad & Tobago. This is a lesser amount of teams represented than by Nike because several teams that Adidas hoped would qualify for the tournament failed to. Adidas also has other sponsorship agreements that are noteworthy, such as its agreement with FC Chelsea of the English Premier League, German star Michael Ballack, English star David Beckham, Argentina's Juan Roman Riquelme, and the American soccer league, MLS. Adidas views the ten year sponsorship agreement with MLS as integral to penetrating the growing North American soccer market.  (The whole MLS wears Adidas. . . the whole league. . its not a big league, but it's a damn huge market)

Adidas also attempts to separate itself from Nike through its history of being on the cutting edge of sporting technology. Adidas spends vast amounts of time and money to research and develop the most technological advanced equipment for the game of soccer. For example, the new ball used in the 2006 World Cup has been developed over three years and is claimed to be "the roundest soccer ball ever" due to its fourteen panel configuration, when all previous balls had thirty-two panels. Adidas is also marketing its new advanced cleats that are fully customizable for customers. Being on the forefront of technology was a competitive edge of Adidas in the past but seems to be challenged as Nike closes ground in soccer sporting goods market share. Recent research has shown that Adidas currently has 38% of the soccer footwear market, which keeps them slightly ahead of Nike, with 31%.

Nike

Nike and the globally recognized swoosh symbol have been around since 1973 and is headquartered in Beaverton, Oregon. Nike is a fairly new company, relative to Adidas' sixty year history, but has extended its reach around the entire globe in its short existence. Its sporting good products bring in annual sales of approximately .7 billion and Nike is hoping its refocused attempt to be the worldwide leader in the soccer market will increase its lead over its nearest competitor, Adidas.

Nike has always had a different approach to its business that comes off uniquely American. Nike focuses on lifestyle marketing, which combines sporting goods and everyday life to make its products useful off the field in addition to on the field. This was hugely successful with basketball sneakers, which became fashionable for all to wear and followed the latest trends. This philosophy did not transcend so well into soccer though as soccer cleats could not be worn off the field. So Nike needs to adjust its focus and strategy if it wants to seriously challenge in the soccer market.

Nike has been a global leader in the sporting goods market for a long time but has never led in the soccer market, largely due to philosophical differences within the company on whether to pursue the soccer segment of the sporting goods market. The 1994 World Cup in America changed Nike's view as it looked to expand internationally and saw that opportunity with the world's largest sporting event taking place in America. Nike's re-launch into the soccer market was necessary according to the president of the Nike brand, Charles Denson, "If we were going to be the worlds biggest and best sports brand then we had to be No.1 in soccer."

Nike set out to take over the market in a traditional Nike manner that has proven successful in the past, by sponsoring the best teams and superstar athletes in that particular sport. Nike showed that it meant business when, in 1996, it pulled off a major coup in the soccer world, agreeing to a ten year sponsorship deal with the Brazilian national team, one of the greatest and most followed teams in the world. This agreement was recently extended through 2018. Nike continued its effort of signing top national teams and currently sponsors a total of fourteen national teams that includes eight playing in the 2006 World Cup: Australia, Brazil, Croatia, South Korea, Mexico, Netherlands, Portugal, and the United States. At the club team level, Nike sponsors famous teams such as Arsenal of England, Barcelona of Spain, and Juventus of Italy who are all top level teams in their respective leagues.

Nike also reached individual sponsorship agreements with some of soccer's greatest stars that it built elaborate marketing campaigns around, similar to the formula it used in making Michael Jordan a household name the world over. Three big name stars that Nike currently has under contract are Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, and Wayne Rooney. Ronaldo is a Brazilian player who has been named FIFA world player of the year three times and is viewed as one of the greatest players to play the game. Ronaldinho, who is also Brazilian, has been named FIFA world player of the year for the past two years. Englishman Wayne Rooney is a promising young star who is a fan favorite in England and is constantly in the news for both on field achievements and off the field incidents.

Through its sponsorship of famous teams and elite players, Nike has become a major player in the global soccer market. However, Nike may be gambling with its approach of only sponsoring teams and players, in contrast to Adidas sponsoring teams, players, leagues, and being an official partner of FIFA for the World Cup and other tournaments. As long as the teams and players that Nike has agreements with do well at the World Cup, Nike will continue to be seen and run its "joga bonito" campaign, which means "play beautiful" in Brazil's native language of Portuguese, in conjunction with the tournament. If teams falter or a player is injured, as almost was the case when Wayne Rooney broke a bone in his foot before the tournament, Nike's marketing plan may not work as well as hoped.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adidas is in too deep.
Re: Who Is Bigger, Madrid Or Man U? by Sauron1: 8:27pm On Jun 22, 2009
Krayola:

1) Are you 100% sure about that?

U are a consummate retard for citing an article made 3 years ago when Rooney broke his metatarsal.
Do u really think u are arguing with a retard like you in here?
How can u fucking justify your claims by citing obsolete articles?
U are a fucking dork!!!

2) see 1
U're fukn pathetic . . .  The biggest brand in football is Adidas. That is their bread and butter. My gateman knows that. I don't even believe we are debating this. It is common knowledge. I've know that since I was a child. Nike is making a push for it, but they are still playing catch up.

We are talking about their influence in South America and you are spewing fuckery as usual.
U know nothing as a child so shut the Bleep up and learn.  . . . .What u spewed here is what u googled 2 hours ago.

Nike is a marketing company . . they get big players to do commercials and move products. They have been extremely successful in other sports, but Adidas is still the master when it comes to football. The first time Nike Ever had more teams in the world cup than Adidas was the last world cup, which is because several Adidas sponsored countries did not qualify.

In South America, it is all about getting star players.
This argument veered off to how some marketing brands tend to influence the fans of other continents(especially South America).
What has the first time Nike had more teams than Adidas in the world cup gotta do with anything?
As we speak today, neither Nike nor Adidas know which of their teams are going to South Africa for the world cup.
That has nothing to do with their global influence. . . . . .It was Nike that first designed a special boot for Ronaldo in France 98(not Adidas).

Now, you do realize that adidas now owns reebok, and is closing in on Nike in the overall sporting market.

That information is immaterial here. . . . . . .Whether Adidas own Reebok or Globacom has nothing to do with their influence in Latin America.
U have an annoying way of lumping senseless points in an argument.
We started off with the Sports company who have the bigger influence in Latin America and i am telling you it's NIKE.

I don't know much about the brazilian league so i'll shut up . . .i'll look it up later though, cause i'm sure as usual u're just yarnin dust
Adidas is in too deep.

I know a lot about the Brazilian league and i know Nike sponsor 2 clubs as well as Adidas.
However, Nike sponsor the biggest names in South America and they have always had big names on their commercial boards since Noah's Ark.

Next time, try not to quote articles written 3 years ago to justify your claims.
Re: Who Is Bigger, Madrid Or Man U? by Krayola(m): 8:45pm On Jun 22, 2009
haha. . u are just a noise maker.

Everybody signs stars, u clown. Is Messi a frog?

U still haven't told me what Club Atletico u are talking about. Which one of the 100 or so they have in Argentina. Goof!

And why would i quote an article, and then post the article if i gave a flyin fukc that i googled it. U think everyone is insecure like ur bitch ass? I google shit whenever I need to, because it is convenient. But unlike you i look at info critically, and come to more credible conclusions. Technology is supposed to make our lives easier, buffoon.

No wonder u just come here and spew garbage all the time. . . u never do ur homework.

Nonsense!
Re: Who Is Bigger, Madrid Or Man U? by Sauron1: 8:55pm On Jun 22, 2009
Krayola:

haha. . u are just a noise maker.
Everybody signs stars, u clown. Is Messi a frog?

U make more noise than i do when u know nada.
How can u be so daft to be quoting an article that is 3 years old?

U still haven't told me what Club Atletico u are talking about. Which one of the 100 or so they have in Argentina. Goof!

Goof? U think i am a soccer illiterate like you?
Club Atlético San Lorenzo de Almagro

And why would i quote an article, and then post the article if i gave a flyin fukc that i googled it. U think everyone is insecure like ur bitch ass? I google shit whenever I need to, because it is convenient. But unlike you i look at info critically, and come to more credible conclusions. Technology is supposed to make our lives easier, buffoon.

I don't have a problem with you googling here and there but at least, let those articles be credible and up to date.
U went as far as telling us Adidas are the top dogs and they own Reebok and reh reh reh. . . . .
The theme of the debate is who has a bigger influence in South America NOT who was established before the 2nd World War or who sponsored who to the last world cup!!!

No wonder u just come here and spew garbage all the time. . . u never do ur homework.
Nonsense! 

I will EAT cyanide the day you beat me in any argument.
Re: Who Is Bigger, Madrid Or Man U? by Krayola(m): 9:29pm On Jun 22, 2009
Adidas is bigger in football, everywhere. That is fact. do with it as u may.

I posted the article to illustrate the nature of both organizations. Adidas IS football. Nike just stick their logo on stuff and sell it.

~Sauron~:

United are even more popular than Real Madrid in South America due to Nike's strong-hold in that continent.
Nike gives out Man Utd shirts to players who are under Nike contracts to wear.
That was why Carlos TEVEZ wore a Man Utd T-shirt to a press conference when he was still contracted to Corinthians in Brazil.

This is the nonsense I was responding to.

Man Utd can NEVER be more popular than Real Madrid in South America. U see the world only thru the lens of Manutd. . thats why u're usually wrong on most issues, because u pick the side of the argument that exalts Man Utd and all that it is affiliated with . .regardless of how silly the position is.

U went to university, I'm sure they taught you how to not let ur biases affect ur judgement. U just let ur pupsie throway money on top school fees no learn anythin. u deserve make dem flog u 12 lashes
Re: Who Is Bigger, Madrid Or Man U? by biina: 10:46pm On Jun 22, 2009
Krayola:

Is Messi a frog?

YES!!! a Cule Frog grin
Re: Who Is Bigger, Madrid Or Man U? by Sauron1: 10:58pm On Jun 22, 2009
Krayola:

Adidas is bigger in football, everywhere. That is fact. do with it as u may.
I posted the article to illustrate the nature of both organizations. Adidas IS football. Nike just stick their logo on stuff and sell it.

Adidas are nowhere in football. . . . . .Nike have closed ground on em and have even overtaken em with smart business deals with players.
Do u know how many events Nike have dipped their hands into?
All the official balls the top 3 leagues in Europe, Copa Libertadores, Asian Champions League, Brazilian league are designed by Nike.

Man Utd can NEVER be more popular than Real Madrid in South America. U see the world only thru the lens of Manutd. . thats why u're usually wrong on most issues, because u pick the side of the argument that exalts Man Utd and all that it is affiliated with . .regardless of how silly the position is.

Man Utd have more fans in South America than Real Madrid.
U can quote that anywhere in the world. . . . . .Blimey, u can take it to the bank with the hope of copping interest.
What do u know about football in Latin America? U useless piece of black shit.

U went to university, I'm sure they taught you how to not let ur biases affect ur judgement. U just let ur pupsie throway money on top school fees no learn anythin. u deserve make dem flog u 12 lashes 

What has going to the University gotta do with learning the world around you/current affairs?
Did your lecturers teach you Nike's dominance in Latin America in school?
I cannot believe a man as old as you cannot differentiate between formal learning and informal learning.
U are a disgrace to education. grin
Re: Who Is Bigger, Madrid Or Man U? by Krayola(m): 12:12am On Jun 23, 2009
haha. . . The thing with reading some of the posts that you make is that one can get dumber just for having laid eyes on them. You consistently defy not just logic, but idiocy. You then go ahead and over compensate for your total lack of intellectual curiosity with ur bellicose statements, that u have somehow managed to equate with coherence. U are legend!!
Re: Who Is Bigger, Madrid Or Man U? by Sauron1: 1:08am On Jun 23, 2009
Krayola:

haha. . . The thing with reading some of the posts that you make is that one can get dumber just for having laid eyes on them. You consistently defy not just logic, but idiocy. You then go ahead and over compensate for your total lack of intellectual curiosity with ur bellicose statements, that u have somehow managed to equate with coherence. U are legend!!

What amazes me everytime u spew hokum is your attempt to sound intelligent.
I have provided enough information on this issue you would never see in your google. . . . .
Nike balls are used in the leagues of Spain, Italy & England. . . . . .There are 330 million United fans worldwide to Madrid's 225 million.
With over 100 million difference in the number of fans, there's no way United will not thump Madrid in South America
U deserve all the opprobrium i have showered on you on this thread cos i can assure you that a learned fool is more foolish than an ignorant fool.
Re: Who Is Bigger, Madrid Or Man U? by dayokanu(m): 2:52am On Jun 23, 2009
None of the serial wankers in this list have the same profile Wayne Rooney had just before Man Utd signed him in 2004.
Rooney was the hottest property in the summer of 2004 after his exploits in Portugal.
Who the crap is Luca Toni or Klose compared to Wazza?

Podolski- Bought as best young player at the world cup
Klose- Highest goal scorer at world cup
Lucatoni- Highest goal scorer in the serie A broke a 50 year scoring record
Franck Ribery - Brightest French talent around
Lucio-  Veteran respected brazilian defender
Roy Makaay- Scored 9 goals in the champions league

Compare Wayne Rooney's pedigree to these guys. With facts too

Can you state the pedigree of Man Utd purchases that beat these
Re: Who Is Bigger, Madrid Or Man U? by dayokanu(m): 3:00am On Jun 23, 2009
The debate is not about which is club has the stronger team, but about which is the biggest.
For me the popularity of a club (be it to a bald headed Tibetan monk or with the Baniwa tribe of the Amazon) counts towards an evaluation of it as a big club. The farther your reputation precedes you, the bigger the club you are

Jurgen Klinsman went to Bayern in 1995 the same year he was second in ballon D'or and third in FIFA player of the year.

The popularity of a club amongst non soccer playing nation is analogous to a black rapper from America who is unknown in Brooklyn, Queens, Compton and Bronx but hailed and has a large fan base in Warsaw, Vladivostoc, Pyongyang and Leningrad
Re: Who Is Bigger, Madrid Or Man U? by Krayola(m): 3:18am On Jun 23, 2009
~Sauron~:

What amazes me everytime u spew hokum is your attempt to sound intelligent.

hahaha. . . the irony

~Sauron~:

I have provided enough information on this issue you would never see in your google. . . . .

Nike balls are used in the leagues of Spain, Italy & England. . . . . .There are 330 million United fans worldwide to Madrid's 225 million.

Please if you don't mind. . generate an argument, using those two statements, that shows that Manchester United is bigger than Real Madrid in South America.--------------->

~Sauron~:

With over 100 million difference in the number of fans, there's no way United will not thump Madrid in South America

My point exactly . .

---------------------------------------------------------------
How many south American players have ever played at Manutd? How many south American super stars have ever played at Manchester United? Whatever number u come up with, multiply that by 100. Thats how deep Real Madrid run in south America. Real Madrid and Barcelona, La Liga in general, have set up shop there for about a century. you are here shouting Manchester United, Nike balls in La liga and EPL. . .u funny gan. Villarreal, Real Zaragoza, etc are bigger than Manchester United in South America. Look at La Liga rosters and compare to any league in the world for South American talent. U think Ji Sung Park @ Man Utd was strictly for sporting reasons? Think, man!
Re: Who Is Bigger, Madrid Or Man U? by biina: 3:29am On Jun 23, 2009
dayokanu:

Jurgen Klinsman went to Bayern in 1995 the same year he was second in ballon D'or and third in FIFA player of the year.

The popularity of a club amongst non soccer playing nation is analogous to a black rapper from America who is unknown in Brooklyn, Queens, Compton and Bronx but hailed and has a large fan base in Warsaw, Vladivostoc, Pyongyang and Leningrad
and so in which relevant countries are Bayern more popular than ManU?
Re: Who Is Bigger, Madrid Or Man U? by Sauron1: 10:47am On Jun 23, 2009
Krayola:

How many south American players have ever played at Manutd? How many south American super stars have ever played at Manchester United? Whatever number u come up with, multiply that by 100. Thats how deep Real Madrid run in south America. Real Madrid and Barcelona, La Liga in general, have set up shop there for about a century. you are here shouting Manchester United, Nike balls in La liga and EPL. . .u funny gan. Villarreal, Real Zaragoza, etc are bigger than Manchester United in South America. Look at La Liga rosters and compare to any league in the world for South American talent. U think Ji Sung Park @ Man Utd was strictly for sporting reasons? Think, man!

This dude has no iota of common sense in his cranium.

The biggest set of Man Utd fans are in China and Indonesia. . . . . . .How many Indonesians and Chinese players have played for Man Utd.
What is the business of em South American fans with who plays where? Are u a dolt?
Park Ji Sung was strictly for sporting reasons. . . .He was nobody before United copped him at PSV but he is now the Asian footballer of the year.
Anybody who thinks Villareal and Zaragoza are bigger than Man Utd in South America should never be taken serious.
I will go as far as saying Arsenal FC are bigger than Real Madrid in South America. I am done with this ish cos it's obvious u need to cop some artificial intelligence.

dayokanu:

Podolski- Bought as best young player at the world cup
Klose- Highest goal scorer at world cup
Lucatoni- Highest goal scorer in the serie A broke a 50 year scoring record
Franck Ribery - Brightest French talent around
Lucio-  Veteran respected brazilian defender
Roy Makaay- Scored 9 goals in the champions league

Can you state the pedigree of Man Utd purchases that beat these

Podolski(rubbish). . . . . .Bought as best young player at the world cup but rubbish in club games.
Klose(pile of self-service). . . . . .Has he ever won the UCL golden boot or Bundesliga's golden boot?
Luca Toni(another plank). . . . .He is the reason Italy are not doing well.
Franck Ribery. . . . . .An overrated piece of turd. He should look at Ronaldo and Messi and understand wingers can score 40 goals a season.
Roy Makaay. . . . Good player but his records pale in comparison to Man Utd's Van Nistelrooy.

Compare your relics to. . . . .

Wayne Rooney(The best young talent in 2004 Euros when United copped him).
Carlos Tevez(South America's most celebrated player)
Van Nistelrooy(Need i say more??)
Neumanja Vidic(The most expensive defender in Russian League).
Re: Who Is Bigger, Madrid Or Man U? by vikiviko(m): 12:56pm On Jun 23, 2009
Madrid is big
Re: Who Is Bigger, Madrid Or Man U? by dayokanu(m): 1:19pm On Jun 23, 2009
Podolski(rubbish). . . . . .Bought as best young player at the world cup but rubbish in club games.
Klose(pile of self-service). . . . . .Has he ever won the UCL golden boot or Bundesliga's golden boot?
Franck Ribery. . . . . .An overrated piece of turd. He should look at Ronaldo and Messi and understand wingers can score 40 goals a season.
Roy Makaay. . . . Good player but his records pale in comparison to Man Utd's Van Nistelrooy.

Compare your relics to. . . . .

Wayne Rooney(The best young talent in 2004 Euros when United copped him).
Van Nistelrooy(Need i say more??)

We are talking about the ratings of the various players before they joined either Man Utd or bayern

Wayne Rooney was best young talent at the Euro cup, Lucas Podolski was best young talent at the world cup beating players from Brazil Argentina, Asia and Africa COMPARE!!!

You cant just miss any opportunity to goof GUFFANTI

Miro Klose was highest goal scorer in the Bundesliga in 2006 and German footballer of the year 2006
Before joining Bayern He was the hghest goal scorer at the World Cup and Silver boot at the 2002 World cup. Tell me any of Man Utd strikers who ever hAD THIS PEDIGREE

This is beside the point. He broke the Serie A goal scoring record of 50 years.

Has Man Utd ever bought a striker who was the highest goal scorer from the big leagues in Europe?

When the BIG players are in Europe the local champion was back home doing home based youngings. Since he came to Europe has he been ever mentioned in the same line with fellow south Americans like Messi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Aguero? he should go back to South America like Riquelme and claim his crown. THE VILLAGE CHAMP.

I am sure SWP was one of the most expensive players too and Darren bent
Re: Who Is Bigger, Madrid Or Man U? by Sauron1: 2:04pm On Jun 23, 2009
dayokanu:

We are talking about the ratings of the various players before they joined either Man Utd or bayern

So? If you are not a complete dork, you should know Rooney was an Everton player at Euro 2004.
Well, if you don't even know Andy Murray is not English, how would know Rooney's club in June 2004?
Mr. Resident Retard.

Wayne Rooney was best young talent at the Euro cup, Lucas Podolski was best young talent at the world cup beating players from Brazil Argentina, Asia and Africa COMPARE!!!

Lucas Podolski wasn't the best young talent at the world. . . . . .Even an idiot knew what happened in 2006.
Ronaldo was leading until his altercation with Rooney and English fans voted Ronaldo off. . . . .Look at the careers of both players.
One went on to win the Ballon d'Or and FIFA Player Of The Year just TWO years later and the Nazi cannot even sniff the top 600 players in Europe.

You cant just miss any opportunity to goof GUFFANTI

You are the resident RETARD suffering from a mid-life crisis, no one can take that from you.

Miro Klose was highest goal scorer in the Bundesliga in 2006 and German footballer of the year 2006
Before joining Bayern He was the hghest goal scorer at the World Cup and Silver boot at the 2002 World cup. Tell me any of Man Utd strikers who ever hAD THIS PEDIGREE

Stop mentioning Bundesliga as a top league, u dork.
There's a reason your pathetic league supplies 3 teams in the UCL and EPL/Serie A and La Liga supply 4 teams.
Miroslav Klose's golden boot in the EPL is synonymous to Vagner Love's boot in CSKA Moscow and Andre-Pierre Gignac's golden boot in Toulouse.
Highest goal scorer at the world cup means shyte unless you want us to believe Gary Linekar was a legend in 86 and Oleg Salenko was the best striker in 1994 world cup. . . . .What a doofus. Best strikers conquer club competitions not just world cup tournaments.

This is beside the point. He broke the Serie A goal scoring record of 50 years.

What stupid Serie A goal scoring record? Luca Toni is a disgrace.
Why hasn't he transformed his flash in a pan brilliance to Bundesliga(a weaker league to Serie A). grin grin

Has Man Utd ever bought a striker who was the highest goal scorer from the big leagues in Europe?

GUFFANTI has done it again. . . . .
Van Nistelrooy won the pichichi in La Liga, Diego Forlan repeated the same feat just last season.
What else do u wanna tell us?

When the BIG players are in Europe the local champion was back home doing home based youngings. Since he came to Europe has he been ever mentioned in the same line with fellow south Americans like Messi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Aguero? he should go back to South America like Riquelme and claim his crown. THE VILLAGE CHAMP.

He outclassed the same BIG players in Europe in 07/08 helping his team to win the Champions League in Moscow.
Where were Messi, Kaka, Ronaldinho and Aguero? Nowhere to be found.
Tevez was also a part of the United team that had 25-game unbeaten UCL run not to mention other titles he won with Man Utd.

I am sure SWP was one of the most expensive players too and Darren bent

Idiot!!! How can SWP's £21 million even dwarf Rio Ferdinand's £30 milla of 2002?
Nobody can take your position as NL's official resident RETARD.
Keep amusing us. . . . . . .Mr-Ronaldinho-won-the-UCL-golden-boot. grin
Re: Who Is Bigger, Madrid Or Man U? by honeric01(m): 3:45pm On Jun 23, 2009
~Sauron~:

Of course, i expect any ABU to spew what honeric01 has just hurled out up there.
It is obvious he is not intelligent enough to understand what this argument is all about.
Anyone that says Liverpool, Bayern Munich and Ajax are BIGGER than Man Utd needs to have his brain scanned for tumours. grin

I have concluded never to debate with you one on one because you lack the moral standard of a responsible being to debate with another so i will let your recorded languages go once again just like you are known to be on this forum,

just because People who are not on your side supported my view, you tagged both me and then unintelligent? uhm, i have one word for you,

The day you find a mad man claiming to be mad, that's the day Obasanjo would start selling crafish at oyinbo market. lipsrsealed
Re: Who Is Bigger, Madrid Or Man U? by Sauron1: 3:49pm On Jun 23, 2009
honeric01:

The day you find a mad man claiming to be mad, that's the day Obasanjo would start selling crafish at [b]oyinbo [/b]market. lipsrsealed

U have just displayed the most telling characteristic of a mad man.
Abeg, get HELP before you infect us of your madness.

How can you open your mouth and say Liverpool(no league title in 20 years) are better than Man Utd.
Lemme educate you. . . . .No club outside Spain and Italy is better than Man Utd.
U have to name clubs in Spain and Italy before you mention clubs like Bayern, Stuttgart or Ajax!!!!
Re: Who Is Bigger, Madrid Or Man U? by honeric01(m): 4:00pm On Jun 23, 2009
~Sauron~:

Of course, i expect any ABU to spew what honeric01 has just hurled out up there.
It is obvious he is not intelligent enough to understand what this argument is all about.
Anyone that says Liverpool, Bayern Munich and Ajax are BIGGER than Man Utd needs to have his brain scanned for tumours. grin

I have concluded never to debate with you one on one because you lack the moral standard of a responsible being to debate with another, so i will let your recorded languages go once again just like you are known to be on this forum.

just because People who are not on your side supported my view, you tagged us as unintelligent? uhm? i have one word for you,

The day you find a mad man claiming to be mad, that's the day Obasanjo would start selling crafish at oyingbo market. lipsrsealed

In Europe and in the world at large, Liverpool is still bigger and more successful than Man U, you can go and die.

wether they won the 18 league titles now or 50 years ago, they still won it for all i care, 18 leagues titles just like manU

and 5 UCL trophies, until MANU can equal that globally, they are no better than Liverpool.

Final world

It's Trophies than counts,

C.Ronaldo won the FIFA world footballer of the year and the golden booth because he scored 42 goals and won trophies, not because he can dribble than messi, Ribery or any other good dribblers outthere.
Re: Who Is Bigger, Madrid Or Man U? by Sauron1: 4:38pm On Jun 23, 2009
honeric01:

In Europe and in the world at large, Liverpool is still bigger and more successful than Man U, you can go and die.
wether they won the 18 league titles now or 50 years ago, they still won it for all i care,  18 leagues titles just like manU
and 5 UCL trophies, until MANU can equal that globally, they are no better than Liverpool.

In other words, Nottingham Forest are better than Chelsea and Arsenal?? grin grin grin

Final world
It's Trophies than counts,

If it's TROPHIES that count then John O'Shea is better than Sagna and Bosingwa.

C.Ronaldo won the FIFA world footballer of the year and the golden booth because he scored 42 goals and won trophies, not because he can dribble than messi, Ribery or any other good dribblers outthere.

U have contradicted yourself within 4 mins.
In your words. . . . .U said Cristiano Ronaldo WON the BPITW because he SCORED 42 goals. . . .
It means he won those awards because of his goals not because his TEAM won those trophies.
So Trophies are not the ONLY yardstick. . . . .Trophy or not. . . .the highest scorer of any competition will go on and win the golden boot.
Re: Who Is Bigger, Madrid Or Man U? by RuuDie(m): 4:45pm On Jun 23, 2009
Definitely Real. . . . .

Why on earth would any player still have his sights set on playing there when he almost certainly can win anything and everything worth winning in club football some place else
Re: Who Is Bigger, Madrid Or Man U? by honeric01(m): 5:57pm On Jun 23, 2009
~Sauron~:

In other words, Nottingham Forest are better than Chelsea and Arsenal?? grin grin grin

When it comes to trophy and history and overall rating putting their past exploit into consideration, YES THEY ARE. they are in the FIFA history books as one of the trophies winners, Chelsea and Arsenal don't have what they won.

If it's TROPHIES that count then John O'Shea is better than Sagna and Bosingwa.

Yes, because he has trophies to prove that, Can sagna and bosingwa show people what they have won

U have contradicted yourself within 4 mins.
In your words. . . . .U said Cristiano Ronaldo WON the BPITW because he SCORED 42 goals. . . .
It means he won those awards because of his goals not because his TEAM won those trophies.
So Trophies don't really count. . . . .Trophy or not. . . .the highest scorer of any competition will go on and win the golden boot.

If it's only goals that is used to judge those who should win FIFA player of the year and ballon'd, then why did Kaka win both laurels when he won it, was he the highest goal scorer in Europe then?? you see how you are goofing Canavaro won fifa footballer of the year, did he win it being the highest goalscorer?

I still repeat, It's the trophies that matters and with that, Liverpool is better than Man U, talkless of Real Madrid,

ManU is not even close to Real Madrid in Achievements which matters in Football.
Re: Who Is Bigger, Madrid Or Man U? by Sauron1: 6:15pm On Jun 23, 2009
honeric01:

If it's only goals that is used to judge those who should win FIFA player of the year and ballon'd, then why did Kaka win both laurels when he won it, was he the highest goal scorer in Europe then?? you see how you are goofing Canavaro won fifa footballer of the year, did he win it being the highest goalscorer?

Where did i say it's only the goals that matters?? U came here to say it's ONLY the TROPHIES that matter.
I countered you that it is not ONLY the trophies but other things apply as well.
Why is it hard for you to comprehend simple English?

I still repeat, It's the trophies that matters and with that, Liverpool is better than Man U, talkless of Real Madrid,

So why did Gerrard win the PFA award if it's ALL about the Trophies?
Zidane won player of the tournament in 2006 world cup. . . . . .Did he win the cup?
Why are you so daft?

ManU is not even close to Real Madrid in Achievements which matters in Football.

And brilliant pundits on this thread have all said "club achievement" is not the ONLY FACTOR that makes a club BIG.
If that is the case then Nottingham Forest and Aston Villa are BIGGER than Arsenal and Chelsea!!!
Re: Who Is Bigger, Madrid Or Man U? by honeric01(m): 7:07pm On Jun 23, 2009
Quote from sauron
Where did i say it's only the goals that matters?? U came here to say it's ONLY the TROPHIES that matter.
I countered you that it is not ONLY the trophies but other things apply as well.
Why is it hard for you to comprehend simple English?

I will still stick to what i said, IT'S THE TROPHIES YOU WIN THAT MATTERS WHEN IT COMES TO RATING, after trophies come performance and any other things, C. Ronaldo won what he won last year based on the trophies his club accumulated and not by his goals, Henry did more than that with arsenal and never won a trophy or award.

Quote from sauron
So why did Gerrard win the PFA award if it's ALL about the Trophies?
Zidane won player of the tournament in 2006 world cup. . . . . .Did he win the cup?
Why are you so daft?

We are talking about awards, you are bringing in PFA, lol, you are joking bro, even when Giggs was the best midfielder in EPL, he was never given thay yeye award. shiooo
Now you are sounding like the sauron i know, you can't hide your stupid character, its part of you bro, you can't be saved from it again,

When Zidane was given the MVP, did that qualify him for the Main Award that Cananvaro won? maybe if France had the worldcup, he would have been given the FIFA player of the year, but it was given to Canavaro because he was outstanding in the italian team that won the worldcup.

And brilliant pundits on this thread have all said "club achievement" is not the ONLY FACTOR that makes a club BIG.
If that is the case then Nottingham Forest and Aston Villa are BIGGER than Arsenal and Chelsea!!!

IF FOREST WAS STILL IN THE TOP PLIGHT, THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN RATED BIGGER THAN THESE CLUBS YOU MENTIONED, EVEN WITH THEM BEING IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP, THEY STILL RANK HIGHER THAN THESE CLUBS YOU MENTIONED WHEN IT COMES TO TROPHIES WON AND ACHIEVEMENTS OKAY?

No more debating with you,

Back to the post on ground,

no matter what you think or want others to think, REAL MADRID IS STILL MILES BETTER THAN MAN UNITED.
Re: Who Is Bigger, Madrid Or Man U? by Sauron1: 7:27pm On Jun 23, 2009
honeric01:

I will still stick to what i said, IT'S THE TROPHIES YOU WIN THAT MATTERS WHEN IT COMES TO RATING, after trophies come performance and any other things, C. Ronaldo won what he won last year based on the trophies his club accumulated and not by his goals, Henry did more than that with arsenal and never won a trophy or award.

Ronaldo won the awards last year cos he scored meaningful goals that helped his team win major titles.
The trophies you win don't matter if you don't put in the shift. . . . .stop talking like an idiot.
How many Man Utd fans made the UEFA Champions League All-Star XI.
If it's about trophies alone, Wes Brown + Carrick + Tevez woulda made the list.

We are talking about awards, you are bringing in PFA, lol, you are joking bro, even when Giggs was the best midfielder in EPL, he was never given thay yeye award. shiooo

Your depth of IDIOCY is stupendous.
I used PFA award as that is the most basic award a twerp like you can relate with. . . . .
Luiz Ronaldo of Brazil won the golden ball in 1998 world cup but it was France that won the tournament.
Scillaci of Italy(whose team came 3rd) won the best player in 1990 but it was Germany that won the world cup. . .So what the Bleep has trophy gotta do with it?

Now you are sounding like the sauron i know, you can't hide your stupid character, its part of you bro, you can't be saved from it again,

If you are as smart as the nail on ma pinky, you would at least know how to use the quote button, u ignorant saphead!!!

When Zidane was given the MVP, did that qualify him for the Main Award that Cananvaro won? maybe if France had the worldcup, he would have been given the FIFA player of the year, but it was given to Canavaro because he was outstanding in the italian team that won the worldcup.[/b]

Which stupid main award is this idiot talking about??
When George Weah won European Footballer of The Year, World Player Of The Year and African Player Of The Year(all in 1995), did he win the World Cup, Cup Of Nations or Euros??
U have the brain capacity of a culex mosquito.

IF FOREST WAS STILL IN THE TOP PLIGHT, THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN RATED BIGGER THAN THESE CLUBS YOU MENTIONED, EVEN WITH THEM BEING IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP, THEY STILL RANK HIGHER THAN THESE CLUBS YOU MENTIONED WHEN IT COMES TO TROPHIES WON AND ACHIEVEMENTS OKAY?

What is a BIG club doing in the Championship?
Look at this baboon. . . . . .U have shown to all n sundry you need artificial intelligence.

no more debating with you,
Back to the post on ground,
no matter what you think or want others to think, REAL MADRID IS STILL MILES BETTER THAN MAN UNITED.

That is your stupid opinion and u won't debate with me cos you are mentally shallow.
Re: Who Is Bigger, Madrid Or Man U? by dayokanu(m): 6:08am On Jun 24, 2009
Lucas Podolski wasn't the best young talent at the world. . . . . .Even an idiot knew what happened in 2006.
Ronaldo was leading until his altercation with Rooney and English fans voted Ronaldo off. . . . .Look at the careers of both players.
One went on to win the Ballon d'Or and FIFA Player Of The Year just TWO years later and the Nazi cannot even sniff the top 600 players in Europe.

You must be the most stupid of analysts. How many percentage of votes do the English fans and press hold to vote off Ronaldo and vote in Podolski.

Give all explanation Rooney had Herpes, Robinho had gonnorhhea, Messi was benched, Ronaldo winked or whatever The bottom line is Podolski won Best young player at the world cup.

What happens in their latter career does not count. Lentini was bought as a star whether he lived it up or not is not the point.
Shevchenko flopped at Chelsea does that mean he was not a star?

Common sense evade you.

Stop mentioning Bundesliga as a top league, u dork.
There's a reason your pathetic league supplies 3 teams in the UCL and EPL/Serie A and La Liga supply 4 teams.
Miroslav Klose's golden boot in the EPL is synonymous to Vagner Love's boot in CSKA Moscow and Andre-Pierre Gignac's golden boot in Toulouse.
Highest goal scorer at the world cup means shyte unless you want us to believe Gary Linekar was a legend in 86 and Oleg Salenko was the best striker in 1994 world cup. . . . .What a doofus. Best strikers conquer club competitions not just world cup tournaments.

Who can believe the same person typed the two statements within 24 hours. Instead of him to admit his goof he went on rambling like a castrated donkey

What stupid Serie A goal scoring record? Luca Toni is a disgrace.
Why hasn't he transformed his flash in a pan brilliance to Bundesliga(a weaker league to Serie A)

Simple question, Did Luca Toni break a 50 year Serie A record? if he did then you must be a consummate idiot.

GUFFANTI has done it again. . . . .
Van Nistelrooy won the pichichi in La Liga, Diego Forlan repeated the same feat just last season.
What else do u wanna tell us?

Did Man Utd but Forlan and Nistelrooy from La Liga? Why are you this daft. I thought you understood English language

He outclassed the same BIG players in Europe in 07/08 helping his team to win the Champions League in Moscow.
Where were Messi, Kaka, Ronaldinho and Aguero? Nowhere to be found.
Tevez was also a part of the United team that had 25-game unbeaten UCL run not to mention other titles he won with Man Utd.

Lemme complete it Tevez outclassed just the way Fletcher outclassed gerrard, Xavi and Lampard because Flethcher won the CL.

It would be an insult to idiots to call you an idiot
Re: Who Is Bigger, Madrid Or Man U? by Sauron1: 11:34am On Jun 24, 2009
dayokanu:

You must be the most stupid of analysts. How many percentage of votes do the English fans and press hold to vote off Ronaldo and vote in Podolski.
Give all explanation Rooney had Herpes, Robinho had gonnorhhea, Messi was benched, Ronaldo winked or whatever The bottom line is Podolski won Best young player at the world cup.

An old billy-goat musta urinated on your head as a tot.
Only a complete Arrow like you would believe Podolski was the best player at the last world cup.
No wonder his peers have left him. . . . .He should hug his award in 2006 as consolation.

What happens in their latter career does not count. Lentini was bought as a star whether he lived it up or not is not the point.
Shevchenko flopped at Chelsea does that mean he was not a star?

2 different issues you piece of turd.
In a competition that had Ronaldo, Podolski, Messi. . . . . . .Podolski was given an award via politics.
A year later, Ronaldo and Messi lined up in the FIFA Best Player Of The Year Award and Podolski was nowhere to be found.
2 years later, Ronaldo won the BIG prize with Messi coming 2nd and still. . . . . .Podolski was nowhere near the podium.
What does that say about the 2006 award he was given dubiously. . . . . .U are a fool.

Common sense evade you.
Who can believe the same person typed the two statements within 24 hours. Instead of him to admit his goof he went on rambling like a castrated donkey

I asked if Klose has won a golden boot before. . . . . .
Now, there are 2 different types of Golden boots. . .The one won in the big league, and the ones won in inferior league like Bundesliga, Russia, etc
How many people still remember Cisse won a golden boot in France? Those are inferior leagues(who cares??)
So until Klose wins a golden boot in England, Spain or Italy. . . . . .He is a nobody!!!

Simple question, Did Luca Toni break a 50 year Serie A record? if he did then you must be a consummate idiot.Has Man Utd ever bought a striker who was the highest goal scorer from the big leagues in Europe?

Ur command of English language is atrocious.
The question u asked was if United had bought any player who went on to win a golden boot in any of the top leagues.
I provided you an answer with Forlan and Ruud and now you retracted your statement and tried another line.

Did Man Utd but Forlan and Nistelrooy from La Liga? Why are you this daft. I thought you understood English language

U are the daft guy. . . . .Your question should be. . . ."Have United bought a striker who's already won a golden boot in the top league?"
Why is it so hard for you to comprehend simple English Language?
Olodo Rabata.

Lemme complete it Tevez outclassed just the way Fletcher outclassed gerrard, Xavi and Lampard because Flethcher won the CL.

Whether u like him or not. . . . . .In his 3 years in England, he has won 2 league titles from the BIG LEAGUE and one UCL title.
Miroslav Klose/Podolski and Ballack(the best German player) can never EVER win those in their Nazi-assed career.

It would be an insult to idiots to call you an idiot

Of course it would be an insult to idiots to call me an idiot cos idiots know a retard like you should not even dare.
In the kingdom of ninnys, u should be made a LIFE president.
Re: Who Is Bigger, Madrid Or Man U? by biina: 11:40pm On Jul 01, 2009
Kaka, Ronaldo, Benzema . . . . . . . Real Madrid is the biggest club in the universe!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin
Re: Who Is Bigger, Madrid Or Man U? by Sauron1: 11:44pm On Jul 01, 2009
biina:

Kaka, Ronaldo, Benzema . . . . . . . Real Madrid is the biggest club in the universe!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin

Now. . . .I agree!!!
I will even go as far as saying La Liga has now eclipsed the Premiership.
Majority of the best players in the world are now in Spain.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Euro2012: Football Fan Dies After Going Eleven Nights Without Sleep / Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! / Manchester City Vs Everton (1 - 0) On 6th November 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 192
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.