Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,358 members, 7,815,757 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

The Best Prayer Posture - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Best Prayer Posture (1045 Views)

"IS POSTURE IMPORTANT DURING WORSHIP?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best Prayer Posture by jumie(f): 11:31am On Jun 12, 2009
Been wondering why is it that many christians fall asleep while lying down praying? Is it that God does not honor such prayers? Also, why is it that the so called violent prayers cannot be prayed while lying or sitting down. Is there any kind of correlation between the posture you assume while praying and your prayers being answered? For me though, I still believe in the kneeling or walking, cos it works for me. What do you think?
Re: The Best Prayer Posture by tinajohn: 4:14pm On Jun 13, 2009
I think the posture a person adopts for prayer has no direct correlation to their prayers being answered. What matters is the faith of the person praying. It's not about what you do outwardly, making a show. Kneeling and bowing is a way of showing reverance to God and is normally associated with humility. Its good to kneel or bow or prostrate in reverance to God but it means nothing unless accompanied by spirit filled prayer.
Re: The Best Prayer Posture by Generica(m): 10:59pm On Jun 28, 2009
I have seen people who received a mighty manifestation of the presence of God as they sat down or lay down. It all depends on the posture that will better give one enough comfort to pray. But one must not associate answers to prayers with any prayer-posture or depend on it in any way. As tinajohn said, it depends on one's faith and the posture the Spirit of prayer allows one to take.
Re: The Best Prayer Posture by mamlaka(m): 2:57pm On Jul 21, 2009
Christianity is a personal relationship with God like that of a man and his wife. You marry your wife to relate with her intimately and not use her as your house help. Prayer is an avenue to tune to heaven FM.

Prayer is 24/7. Always in touch with God as a friend and father. Even thinking what God has said in His word could be considered as prayer. You could also be in tune with God even in your sleep. I think posture does not realy matter. Some prayers will require you walk around, some won't and constant tuning to heaven is actually prayer!
Re: The Best Prayer Posture by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jul 21, 2009
Lying down or sitting down is extremely comfortable. It's just natural that you might drift off to sleep. That also may happen when you're kneeling, but it's not likely that you sleep off when you're standing. I love to pray standing.

Your position doesn't matter, God hears all prayers.
Re: The Best Prayer Posture by mamagee3(f): 5:10pm On Jul 21, 2009
Kneeling down
Re: The Best Prayer Posture by Tudor6(f): 7:40am On Jul 22, 2009
The best prayer posture is doggy style. . . .although i hear the holy spirit moves best in the 69 and wheel barrow position.
Re: The Best Prayer Posture by mamlaka(m): 7:51am On Jul 22, 2009
To all wicked that device evil against God's people:

Let them be confounded and put to shame that seek after my soul: let them be turned back and brought to confusion that devise my hurt.  Let them be as chaff before the wind: and let the angel of the LORD chase them.  Let their way be dark and slippery: and let the angel of the LORD persecute them.  For without cause have they hid for me their net in a pit, which without cause they have digged for my soul.  Let destruction come upon him at unawares; and let his net that he hath hid catch himself: into that very destruction let him fall.
Re: The Best Prayer Posture by Tudor6(f): 8:03am On Jul 22, 2009
mamlaka:

To all wicked that device evil against God's people:

Let them be confounded and put to shame that seek after my soul: let them be turned back and brought to confusion that devise my hurt.  Let them be as chaff before the wind: and let the angel of the LORD chase them.  Let their way be dark and slippery: and[b] let the angel of the LORD persecute them. [/b] For without cause have they hid for me their net in a pit, which without cause they have digged for my soul.  Let destruction come upon him at unawares; and let his net that he hath hid catch himself: into that very destruction let him fall.
You know it's quite funny. . . . i think i've read something like this against christians in the koran too! shocked shocked shocked shocked

It seems your god doesn't have a monopoly of destroying unbelievers. grin grin
Re: The Best Prayer Posture by mamlaka(m): 8:09am On Jul 22, 2009
Tudór:

You know it's quite funny. . . . i think i've read something like this against christians in the koran too! shocked shocked shocked shocked

It seems your god doesn't have a monopoly of destroying unbelievers. grin grin

Why, are you scared, are you among the wicked?! If you are, you better repent. With repentance you win God's heart and He is full of mercy and grace but He despise the proud.
Re: The Best Prayer Posture by Tudor6(f): 8:16am On Jul 22, 2009
mamlaka:

Why, are you scared, are you among the wicked?!
Lets not get all smart and trickey here. You and I both know that "the wicked"  is another word for unbelievers in your bible.
If you are, you better repent.   With repentance you win God's heart and He is full of mercy and grace but He despise the proud.
Yet again i've heard this same blatter from the muslims. Any reason why your god is superior and i should repent to him instead?

(1) (Reply)

Does Anyone Of Ya'll Believe In Psychics / Re: Must Every Pastor Gel Their Hair In Chris Embassy? / Is Rapture Really A Bogus Doctrine ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.