Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,159 members, 7,815,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

Hello - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Hello (5387 Views)

Man Batters His Wife Of 10 Years In Port-Harcourt. PICS / Malawian Journalist Accuses His Wife Of Being A Witch (Photo) / MFM Pastor Batters Wife Of 17 Years For Opting Out Of Marriage (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hello by Nobody: 9:23am On Dec 30, 2015
grin
Re: Hello by Cutehector(m): 9:34am On Dec 30, 2015
She try rubbish again, giv it to her like its hot!

2 Likes

Re: Hello by Tallesty1(m): 9:46am On Dec 30, 2015
Have you discussed this with your man?
Re: Hello by byvan03: 9:50am On Dec 30, 2015
Every family has people like that, just face your front and don't hesitate to call her out to her face if she tries that rubbish again. Don't form goody two shoes and endure her rubbish.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hello by bennyrazz: 9:55am On Dec 30, 2015
Who are you marrying exactly? Your Hubby's elder brother wife? or your Hubby? because seems to me you want to marry your Hubby's elder brother's wife. If she doesn't love you, what is your business? must she love you? both of you are married to different men of the same family, why the competition? women and their wahala sha smh

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hello by Nobody: 9:57am On Dec 30, 2015
Tallesty1:
Have you discussed this with your man?
Yes i have discussed it with him o its a Yoruba Family and i am from the Southern part of Nigeria my man said i should just pretend whenever i am with her, i should not react, do what she wants, bla bla bla i told him i am not a slave and cannot pretend the best i can do is to distance myself from her he said it is not possible cos we will always have some family things or meetings to do with her once in a while when ever the need arises. angry undecided
Re: Hello by Nobody: 9:57am On Dec 30, 2015
Cutehector:
She try rubbish again, giv it to her like its hot!
grin grin grin
Re: Hello by Nobody: 9:58am On Dec 30, 2015
byvan03:
Every family has people like that, just face your front and don't hesitate to call her out to her face if she tries that rubbish again. Don't form goody two shoes and endure her rubbish.
They said she is the first wife in the family, she deserve respect so i should act like mumu whenever i am with her! lipsrsealed
Re: Hello by Tallesty1(m): 9:59am On Dec 30, 2015
ClassicQueen:
Yes i have discussed it with him o its a Yoruba Family and i am from the Southern part of Nigeria she is not Yoruba either my man said i should just pretend whenever i am with her, i should not react, do what she wants, bla bla bla i told him i am not a slave and cannot pretend the best i can do is to distance myself from her he said it is not possible cos we will always have some family things or meetings to do with her once in a while when ever the need arises. angry undecided
Hold your chill until u r fully one of them.

My Opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Hello by Nobody: 9:59am On Dec 30, 2015
bennyrazz:
Who are you marrying exactly? Your Hubby's elder brother wife? or your Hubby? because seems to me you want to marry your Hubby's elder brother's wife. If she doesn't love you, what is your business? must she love you? both of you are married to different men of the same family, why the competition? women and their wahala sha smh
She is just feeling insecure no one is competing with her i dont even have a problem with her so why is she using her reggae to spoil my blues?
Re: Hello by Nobody: 10:01am On Dec 30, 2015
Is there a title like that now? "First Wife of a Family".
looool.
Re: Hello by Nobody: 10:01am On Dec 30, 2015
Tallesty1:
Hold your chill until u r fully one of them.

My Opinion.
What if i am fully one of the and this same problem persist? Cos i know she is waiting till then. cool
Re: Hello by Nobody: 10:02am On Dec 30, 2015
Gaborone:
Is there a title like that now? "First Wife of a Family".

looool.
Yes o it is called "Iya Le" in Yoruba wink

2 Likes

Re: Hello by Nobody: 10:04am On Dec 30, 2015
You already give her too much attention. Ignore her as much as possible in a polite way. Don't think about her, don't create threads about her, don't talk about her and only talk to her when necessary.

Everything is fine with your fiancé and the rest of the family and this is what you should be happy about instead of letting one person give you headache even though everything else is fine. You have the power to decide how people affect you and if they affect you at all. Make use of it.

2 Likes

Re: Hello by Nobody: 10:08am On Dec 30, 2015
ClassicQueen:
Yes o it is called "Iya Le" in Yoruba wink

Interesting I must say. Thanks for educating me.

Do such things not take away simplicity from life though?

I'ld say to ignore her gossips about you, more so as you said the family already knows her.

Moving on, I wish you a marriage full of love, oneness, laughter and companionship. No Iya Le shall give you any qualms in Jesus name. Enjoy.

1 Like

Re: Hello by Nobody: 10:09am On Dec 30, 2015
Mindfulness:
You already give her too much attention. Ignore her as much as possible in a polite way. Don't think about her, don't create threads about her, don't talk about her and only talk to her when necessary.

Everything is fine with your fiancé and the rest of the family and this is what you should be happy about instead of letting one person give you headache even though everything else is fine. You have the power to decide how people affect you and if they affect you at all. Make use of it.
That is exactly what i am doing thanks alot. smiley
Re: Hello by Nobody: 10:09am On Dec 30, 2015
Gaborone:

Interesting I must say. Thanks for educating me.

Do such things not take away simplicity from life though?

I'ld say to ignore her gossips about you, more so as you said the family already knows her.

Moving on, I wish you a marriage full of love, oneness, laughter and companionship. No Iya Le shall give you any qualms in Jesus name. Enjoy.
Amen Thanks. Some first Wives in the family do possess these traits i have seen other first Wives who dont even care about such status living in peace and unity i wish this woman was same. embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Hello by bennyrazz: 10:10am On Dec 30, 2015
ClassicQueen:
She is just feeling insecure no one is competing with her i dont even have a problem with her so why is she using her reggae to spoil my blues?
because she feels you will be loved, pampered more than her in the family. You need not to be bothered about her, just be weary of her. You can as well remember her in your prayers if you are still worried.

2 Likes

Re: Hello by Nobody: 10:11am On Dec 30, 2015
ClassicQueen:
That is exactly what i am doing thanks alot. smiley

You will be fine then. Stop thinking about her now and think of nice people and be happy.
Re: Hello by Nobody: 10:14am On Dec 30, 2015
bennyrazz:
because she feels you will be loved, pampered more than her in the family. You need not to be bothered about her, just be weary of her. You can as well remember her in your prayers if you are still worried.
Thanks smiley

1 Like

Re: Hello by Nobody: 10:18am On Dec 30, 2015
bennyrazz:

This is nice of you. I like. cheesy
Re: Hello by byvan03: 10:21am On Dec 30, 2015
ClassicQueen:
They said she is the first wife in the family, she deserve respect so i should act like mumu whenever i am with her! lipsrsealed

Sting her like scorpion and be the first to invite CNN with lots of tears in your eyes. E get as dem dey take deal with such people, she go fear fear.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hello by byvan03: 10:27am On Dec 30, 2015
Please be exactly yourself from day 1 and create your boundary now, if not it will be difficult for you to do later. Playing mumu for as long as she lives won't be an easy job.

1 Like

Re: Hello by SAMBARRY: 10:40am On Dec 30, 2015
Don't go to the meeting whenever she's around and if she's there stand up and leave before she starts ranting. Everyone will get the message
Re: Hello by Nobody: 10:46am On Dec 30, 2015
byvan03:
Please be exactly yourself from day 1 and create your boundary now, if not it will be difficult for you to do later. Playing mumu for as long as she lives won't be an easy job.
One of the wives is doing that right now whenever the woman insult her or scold her for what she didnt do wrong, she will just kneel down immediately pleading with her not to be angry you can imagine the rubbish. Whenever this woman have issues with me, the sad part is that she wont confront me and say oya this thing you did is wrong next time, do it this way etc, instead she will go behind my back and tell some other members of the family, adding pepper and salt to it those ones will now call me on fone sayin Ms A why did you do this? its not good o next time dont do it o. When next we meet, she will just lock up as if nothing happened feeling bitter but cant voice out to me sad sad you can imagine the rubbish all these things is what i am trying to correct when being myself. So much for being a woman these days! angry undecided undecided undecided
Re: Hello by Nobody: 10:48am On Dec 30, 2015
SAMBARRY:
Don't go to the meeting whenever she's around and if she's there stand up and leave before she starts ranting. Everyone will get the message
This act will create more problem o grin Thanks anyway

1 Like

Re: Hello by SAMBARRY: 10:52am On Dec 30, 2015
ClassicQueen:
This act will create more problem o grin Thanks anyway
by not attending a meeting YOu weren't invited? Even if you're accused can't you say you we're doing equally important things like paying your parents a visit?
Re: Hello by freshvine(f): 11:11am On Dec 30, 2015
You're not yet married you've started picking fault from his extended family, by the time you're fully married you'll realize you're the one doing the scattering.

By all means if you really LOVE your husband and want to marry, then go ahead and protect his interest too in the larger family. Envy exist amongst siblings how much more 2 ladies married into the same family

3 Likes

Re: Hello by byvan03: 11:14am On Dec 30, 2015
ClassicQueen:
One of the wives is doing that right now whenever the woman insult her or scold her for what she didnt do wrong, she will just kneel down immediately pleading with her not to be angry you can imagine the rubbish. Whenever this woman have issues with me, the sad part is that she wont confront me and say oya this thing you did is wrong next time, do it this way etc, instead she will go behind my back and tell some other members of the family, adding pepper and salt to it those ones will now call me on fone sayin Ms A why did you do this? its not good o next time dont do it o. When next we meet, she will just lock up as if nothing happened feeling bitter but cant voice out to me sad sad you can imagine the rubbish all these things is what i am trying to correct when being myself. So much for being a woman these days! angry undecided undecided undecided

Why can't you ask her directly in one of these meetings why she doesn't try to correct you directly? Speak your mindoooo, cowardice kills. They will have no choice than to accept you the way you are or look for the wives that will roll over on the floor for the so called first wife.

You people haven't wedded yet, why exactly do you attend these meetings? It seems you threw yourself right into their activities, it breeds contempt. Anything you accept now be ready to accept it forever . A healthy distance is always necessary.

2 Likes

Re: Hello by Nobody: 11:23am On Dec 30, 2015
byvan03:

Why can't you ask her directly in one of these meetings why she doesn't try to correct you directly? Speak your mindoooo, cowardice kills. They will have no choice than to accept you the way you are or look for the wives that will roll over on the floor for the so called first wife.

You people haven't wedded yet, why exactly do you attend these meetings? It seems you threw yourself right into their activities, it breeds contempt. Anything you accept now be ready to accept it forever . A healthy distance is always necessary.
You dont understand i didnt say i attent meetings. What i said is that my man said i will always have one or two things to do with her in subsequent meetings when the need arises. By saying this, i mean in the future that is after marriage. It is even a Taboo and Abomination where i come from to participate, attend meetings or even Live with a man that have not paid my bride price. All these things happened when i was trying to meet his family members even his mum it wont be good if i dont get to meet them now.
Re: Hello by kweenkong(f): 11:25am On Dec 30, 2015
My dear why are u bothering yourself. Left to me she is a non issue. They married her just like they will marry you. Give her space, be cordial don't be rude to her. Talk to her but totally ignore her insecurities with time she will soon expose herself. I know their type.

Lessons for new wife, when you get to a new family be cordial to all. Know your allies and your enemies treat them all the same. When insulted behave very maturely. With time they will expose themselves. Don't enter a new home with enemies you don't want to start on that foot.

5 Likes

Re: Hello by Nobody: 11:27am On Dec 30, 2015
freshvine:
You're not yet married you've started picking fault from his extended family, by the time you're fully married you'll realize you're the one doing the scattering.

By all means if you really LOVE your husband and want to marry, then go ahead and protect his interest too in the larger family. Envy exist amongst siblings how much more 2 ladies married into the same family
My Dear i am not doing any scattering i am coming in with a free mind this is a woman i met with open mind to the extent that if she see what she like on me provided its not too expensive, she will tell me she likes it i should get her one and i will gladly do eg Earrings, Perfume etc. Even her kids love and always want me to be with them... I started to distance myself from her when i noticed what she was up to.

(1) (2) (Reply)

See What Over Does Of TRAMADOL Did To This Lady! / ... / I Don't Know What To Do In This My Marriage Situation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.