Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge (12725 Views)

PCOS/PCOD Diet Recipe For Weight Loss & Healthy Gluten Free Recipes / Healthy Living: Fascinating Facts You Really Need To Know. / For A Healthy Living: Just Enjoy A Variety Of Vegetables (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jan 06, 2016
Hi peeps does green tea reduce one's weight coz am aving a pack wit me that I want to start using
Re: 2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge by Nobody: 9:01am On Jan 07, 2016
Good Morning House

Hope we are all on track

Yesterday I was naughty but thats allowed from time to time

As I said, I weigh daily so I was expecting the scales to tell me so, and it did angry

But I am still lighter than I was on Monday so all good

Damiso im hoping to get better at the skipping embarassed grin

TV01 thank you for the recipie . . .will try it minus the garlic grin
I dont want to be kicked out of bed due to garlic seeping from my pores cool
Re: 2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge by Nobody: 9:02am On Jan 07, 2016
kween911:
Hi peeps does green tea reduce one's weight coz am aving a pack wit me that I want to start using

Sorry I dont like any kind flavoured tea, so dont know the answer to this
Hopefully someone will come along and advise you
Re: 2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge by damiso(f): 9:53am On Jan 07, 2016
kween911:

Hi Kween.. there are indications that green tea is a good anti oxidant. It has also been shown to boost the metabolic rate and increase fat burning in the short term, although not all studies agree. It has been also been said to improve brain performance amongst many other benefits.

However I personally believe ( and I know this is subjective and varies with individuals) there is no single 'heathy/super' food that helps weight loss on its OWN. I might not be coming across coherently but let me give an example you cant eat a big loaf of agege bread with 3 fried eggs dripping in oil that had corned beef plus green tea at breakfast, have gala and coke for mid morning snack, eat a very big bowl of rice dodo,moi moi,6pcs of beef,egg spaghetti plus green tea at lunch,have a bag of fried plantain chips as snack plus another coke then eat a big bowl of eba with more orisirisi meta at dinner then drink green tea on top all this with very little or no exercise and expect to lose weight grin grin grin The green tea is not a magician grin as the person above is consuming too many calories while burning little.

Green tea will help the metabolic rate for someone on a balanced diet who also tries to live an active lifestyle. I drink about 3 cups of green tea/herbal teas a day and I can say that maybe it did help me lose weight. But this was with a combination of some other factors which includes the two main things I mentioned earlier which are eating healthy meals and exercising.

So you can drink your green tea but do that as well eating clean and exercising.
Re: 2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge by TV01(m): 11:26am On Jan 07, 2016
tearoses:
Good Morning House

Hope we are all on track

Yesterday I was naughty but thats allowed from time to time

As I said, I weigh daily so I was expecting the scales to tell me so, and it did angry

But I am still lighter than I was on Monday so all good

Damiso im hoping to get better at the skipping embarassed grin

TV01 thank you for the recipie . . .will try it minus the garlic grin
I dont want to be kicked out of bed due to garlic seeping from my pores cool
Actually the garlic doesn't seep - so no real worries there. It can be a bit strong, so if you do decide to include it, start small, small.

Did a brutal spin class on Tuesday. Evidenced by the sweat puddle. Planning a row or run tomorrow.

Keep it up y'all.

TV
Re: 2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge by Destinygrl(f): 4:02pm On Jan 07, 2016
tearoses:

Well done
You still lost 22kg which is awesome
You seem to know what you did wrong, so don't beat yourself up about it but get back on track
Life is a journey
tnks I'm determined to get to my ideal weight
Re: 2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge by Destinygrl(f): 4:15pm On Jan 07, 2016
Drkul:

Wow, that's a massive weight loss, kudos
Keep it up.
Please can you enlighten us on how you lost the weight then, the DOs and DONT's
tnks I did the following
1 drnk my herbal tea
2 stopped eating from 6
3 I hate exercise so whenever thr was a place to go to I walked and tk d stairs
4 ate alot of vegetables n fruits reduced oil n suger

1 Like

Re: 2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jan 07, 2016
damiso:

Hi Kween.. there are indications that green tea is a good anti oxidant. It has also been shown to boost the metabolic rate and increase fat burning in the short term, although not all studies agree. It has been also been said to improve brain performance amongst many other benefits.

However I personally believe ( and I know this is subjective and varies with individuals) there is no single 'heathy/super' food that helps weight loss on its OWN. I might not be coming across coherently but let me give an example you cant eat a big loaf of agege bread with 3 fried eggs dripping in oil that had corned beef plus green tea at breakfast, have gala and coke for mid morning snack, eat a very big bowl of rice dodo,moi moi,6pcs of beef,egg spaghetti plus green tea at lunch,have a bag of fried plantain chips as snack plus another coke then eat a big bowl of eba with more orisirisi meta at dinner then drink green tea on top all this with very little or no exercise and expect to lose weight grin grin grin The green tea is not a magician grin as the person above is consuming too many calories while burning little.

Green tea will help the metabolic rate for someone on a balanced diet who also tries to live an active lifestyle. I drink about 3 cups of green tea/herbal teas a day and I can say that maybe it did help me lose weight. But this was with a combination of some other factors which includes the two main things I mentioned earlier which are eating healthy meals and exercising.

So you can drink your green tea but do that as well eating clean and exercising.
tanx I get ur points I will follow dem accordingly.
Re: 2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge by damiso(f): 9:54am On Jan 08, 2016
kween911:
tanx I get ur points I will follow dem accordingly.

You are welcome .
Re: 2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge by HourGlass3: 3:19pm On Jan 08, 2016
@damiso

Is the challenge for weekly weigh ins still on?
Re: 2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jan 08, 2016
HourGlass3:
@damiso

Yes dear
Weighins are on Monday and I will update the thread in the evening/Tuesday morning
Re: 2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge by damiso(f): 9:31pm On Jan 08, 2016
HourGlass3:
@damiso

Tearoses has replied you dear as bit really participating in the weigh ins
Re: 2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge by Nobody: 10:35am On Jan 09, 2016
Good Morning

This thread is quiet o!

Its only Damiso and Tim TV01 here o!

We are all supposed to be supporting each other

Weekends are the hardest for me because there is no real routine to weekends for me and anything can happen. My worst eating days are at weekends especially when there is always one thing or another in church on Sunday. Tomorrow for example is our love feast. God help me smiley

I have an owambe today and still in 2 minds on whether to go cos owmabe party food is very unhealthy and when you refuse to eat the host takes it personal.
Re: 2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge by babs2011(f): 11:51am On Jan 09, 2016
Hey guys, great thread here and I would love to join the weekly weigh ins.

I'm currently doing IF (intermittent fasting) as a way of life for my eating, I eat between 12 and 8pm. I've never really been a breakfast person and read up about IF last year and found it works for me(check out leangains.com).
It has been the key to helping me maintain my weight and not gain (I'm a fast gainer) while I had a hiatus from working out.
Without going into a long essay my mojo for working out up and left sometime last October and it's been a struggle to get that excitement and motivation back since.

I was all geared up to start Jan 4th when I got some sad news from home on the 3rd..so this first week has not gone off to the start I envisioned but a bonus is my appetite went and so no over eating.
I've not weighed this first week so I will just update with my current weight on Monday.

I'm into strength training and hiit as my workout.

Waves at my buddy HG grin wink

Have a great day all.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jan 09, 2016
Welcome Babs
So sorry about the bad news you received sad

As you have demonstrated we all have different things that work for us.
I for example need breakfast smiley
I think that once we understand our body and what works for us, we are halfway there

I'm looking forward to a successful journey for all of us
awon bikini and swimming trunks peeps grin
Re: 2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge by damiso(f): 12:39pm On Jan 09, 2016
tearoses:
Good Morning

This thread is quiet o!

Its only Damiso and Tim TV01 here o!

We are all supposed to be supporting each other

Weekends are the hardest for me because there is no real routine to weekends for me and anything can happen. My worst eating days are at weekends especially when there is always one thing or another in church on Sunday. Tomorrow for example is our love feast. God help me smiley

I have an owambe today and still in 2 minds on whether to go cos owmabe party food is very unhealthy and when you refuse to eat the host takes it personal.

grin at taking it personal at owambe .. If you kinda trust the cooking/hygiene maybe eat moi moi and chicken (if they have roasted or grilled )plus one spoon of jollof rice . Or if they have fish have one with moi moi .Don't drink anything else but water.skip all the small chops totally. embarassed that one is hard for me cos I like puff puff cheesy but now am used to it. You will be fine at the owambe.

Weekends are a but awkward for me too because the routine is not as regimented as week days but what I do is make sure I eat breakfast, try to eat lunch early as well then have a light dinner.snacking unhealthily is the main issue so I try to stay away from them by keeping healthier options in view.

My breakfast this morning was two eggs with mixed peepers and a cup of green tea . I had it in with one whole meal wrap . I am so stuffed.

The other was my dinner last night . Ewedu and tilapia stew .had it with no swallow.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jan 09, 2016
Damiso I love the idea of ewedu and fish stew
I will def try that
Ive just had some jollof rice and chicken but a very small portion
Im busting the owambe jare
I need to take out my braids grin
Owambe plenty for this year

BTW where do you get your ewedu from
Our Indian shop sell frozen packs but it doesnt "draw" as well as the fresh ones.
Re: 2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge by Girltee1(f): 8:55pm On Jan 09, 2016
tunapa2009:
Tearoses........ Though I take a lot of water, but this food thing is my main problem: I eat a lot of carbohydrate. How can I help myself knowing fully well that I'm a student with tight schedule.
Hi..
I can't access my email account.
Do you mind dropping your email address?
Re: 2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge by tunapa2009(m): 12:24pm On Jan 10, 2016
Girltee1:
Hi.. I can't access my email account. Do you mind dropping your email address?
ok.. Tunderedeem2007@yahoo.com
Re: 2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge by kushma(m): 2:38pm On Jan 10, 2016
damiso:

grin at taking it personal at owambe .. If you kinda trust the cooking/hygiene maybe eat moi moi and chicken (if they have roasted or grilled )plus one spoon of jollof rice . Or if they have fish have one with moi moi .Don't drink anything else but water.skip all the small chops totally. embarassed that one is hard for me cos I like puff puff cheesy but now am used to it. You will be fine at the owambe.

Weekends are a but awkward for me too because the routine is not as regimented as week days but what I do is make sure I eat breakfast, try to eat lunch early as well then have a light dinner.snacking unhealthily is the main issue so I try to stay away from them by keeping healthier options in view.

My breakfast this morning was two eggs with mixed peepers and a cup of green tea . I had it in with one whole meal wrap . I am so stuffed.

The other was my dinner last night . Ewedu and tilapia stew .had it with no swallow.
please outline all the ingredients u used in making that fruit stew
Re: 2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge by damiso(f): 4:04pm On Jan 10, 2016
kushma:
please outline all the ingredients u used in making that fruit stew

Hello ..

1 medium size tomato
Green,Yellow and Red bell pepper (1/2of each)
2 eggs (I egg white and 1 full egg) removed the yolk from one as i was trying to reduce cholesterol .i don't always remove it though just remembered yesterday but you can decide to use both yolks

Only seasoning was Dried mixed Herbs(thyme ,parsley sage and basil) trying to retrain my taste buds so that was the only seasoning but you can use salt or any other seasoning you like

Stir fried the veg with no oil and added the egg about 3 mins later

1 Like

Re: 2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge by damiso(f): 4:12pm On Jan 10, 2016
tearoses:
Damiso I love the idea of ewedu and fish stew
I will def try that
Ive just had some jollof rice and chicken but a very small portion
Im busting the owambe jare
I need to take out my braids grin
Owambe plenty for this year

BTW where do you get your ewedu from
Our Indian shop sell frozen packs but it doesnt "draw" as well as the fresh ones.

I went to deptford market and stumbled on a shop that was unloading a fresh delivery from Nigeria so bought about 5 bunches. Picked,washed and put In freezer bags.

I hear they have days you can get them at all markets/stores that have African food .

I just wanted to show that eating healthy is not just oyinbo food and spinach and kale are Not the only green veg cheesy
Re: 2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge by damiso(f): 4:14pm On Jan 10, 2016
Thought to share .. Moving or being active is not tied to gym membership . Walking is a good way to build fitness gradually

Re: 2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge by kushma(m): 5:04pm On Jan 10, 2016
damiso:

Hello ..

1 medium size tomato
Green,Yellow and Red bell pepper (1/2of each)
2 eggs (I egg white and 1 full egg) removed the yolk from one as i was trying to reduce cholesterol .i don't always remove it though just remembered yesterday but you can decide to use both yolks

Only seasoning was Dried mixed Herbs(thyme ,parsley sage and basil) trying to retrain my taste buds so that was the only seasoning but you can use salt or any other seasoning you like

Stir fried the veg with no oil and added the egg about 3 mins later
thanks
Re: 2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge by damiso(f): 5:47pm On Jan 10, 2016
kushma:
thanks

You are welcome ..
Re: 2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge by Nobody: 8:41am On Jan 11, 2016
damiso:

I went to deptford market and stumbled on a shop that was unloading a fresh delivery from Nigeria so bought about 5 bunches. Picked,washed and put In freezer bags.

I hear they have days you can get them at all markets/stores that have African food .

I just wanted to show that eating healthy is not just oyinbo food and spinach and kale are Not the only green veg cheesy

These are the things I miss about London
But the number of parking tickets I get in London has made me run away grin
Re: 2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge by Nobody: 8:49am On Jan 11, 2016
WEIGH IN DAY TODAY OOOOO!!!!

I lost 2kg
for which i am very pleased and proves that you can still live normally and loose weight

My naughty meals during the week were
1. slice of pizza
2. amala and egusi
3. 4 bourbon cream biscuits
4. jollof rice and chicken
5. fried rice and chicken
6. slice of birthday cake
7. 4 chocolate eclair sweets
8. Full English breakfast but without the bread (bacon, sausages, egg, baked beans)

My other meals were healthy meals

I am listing the naughty ones is because before when I decide to eat healthy and I eat something naughty, I think its all ruined and I never get back on track again.

This is just to prove that you can deviate but so long as you know what you did, you can still get back on track.

it also shows that you don't have to live on carrots and water but you can still eat the odd "naughty" meal here and there and still loose weight.

GirlTree
Ryom
LoseweightNg
DrKul
Tunapa
Tollu
Yvesboss
BeeGurl
Destinygrl
Babs2011

3 Likes

Re: 2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge by damiso(f): 9:38am On Jan 11, 2016
tearoses:

These are the things I miss about London
But the number of parking tickets I get in London has made me run away grin

grin grin grin true sha London councils must to get revenue somehow naa.

I hear there is another leaf that the Asians have that is very very similar to Ewedu, maybe you can get those fresh.
Re: 2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge by HourGlass3: 10:25am On Jan 11, 2016
HourGlass3:
Hi folks, I have a January program on ground too. My blog says more (check my signature), I will love to be part of that Monday weigh ins. Monday was TOM and so the scale was on the high side of 172lbs = 78kg. I was at 169.6lbs first day of the year.

Maintained this week at 78kg (the scale is messing up, saw a Lo before it brought 78kg up, so I change the battery and weigh again tomorrow)

Nice active and healthy week ahead.
Re: 2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge by Nobody: 10:27am On Jan 11, 2016
HourGlass3:

Maintained this week at 78kg (the scale is messing up, saw a Lo before it brought 78kg up, so I change the battery and weigh again tomorrow)

Nice active and healthy week ahead.

Well done
You maintained and didn't put on
Yes pls change the battery so you are sure you are getting an accurate reading.
Re: 2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge by Nobody: 10:31am On Jan 11, 2016
damiso:

grin grin grin true sha London councils must to get revenue somehow naa.

I hear there is another leaf that the Asians have that is very very similar to Ewedu, maybe you can get those fresh.

Thats the one I buy, but it doesn't draw as well
Re: 2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge by f4flakes(f): 10:38am On Jan 11, 2016
Ok....I'm in....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Johesu’s Claims Against Doctors In Nigeria; A Case Of Historic Amnesia / How Can A Woman Maintain Flat Tummy After Giving Birth / Pregnant Woman In Need Of Emergency C-section Turned Away By Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.