Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,964 members, 7,835,217 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

The Bones Of Jesus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bones Of Jesus (845 Views)

PHOTO: The "Real" Face Of Jesus Uncovered / Nigerians, Road Accidents And The Blood Of Jesus. / The Bones Of St Peter Go On Display (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Bones Of Jesus by huxley2(m): 12:13pm On Jun 12, 2009
Would you change your positions with regards to the resurrection of Jesus if his bones were discovered in some grave today and it was proven BEYOND A SHADOW OF A DOUBT that these bones belonged to Jesus?
Re: The Bones Of Jesus by Tudor3(m): 12:27pm On Jun 12, 2009
I once watched a documentary showing such,even the bones of mary magdalene were supposedly found there
Re: The Bones Of Jesus by seyenko(m): 3:54pm On Jun 12, 2009
Beyond Shadow of doubt! how do you prove beyond shadow of doubt - DNA test. Does he have any living blood line to do a DNA test. Please stop all
these immaterial hypothesis.
Re: The Bones Of Jesus by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jun 12, 2009
huxley2:

Would you change your positions with regards to the resurrection of Jesus if his bones were discovered in some grave today and it was proven BEYOND A SHADOW OF A DOUBT that these bones belonged to Jesus?

This is where you atheists get it wrong. You don't believe in the supernatural. Well, there are people who do. And they have supernatural evidence. Therefore, it'll take supernatural evidence to make them "change their position with regards to the resurrection of Jesus". Not a bunch of scientific papers that anyone can cook up.

You can keep saying things, but there are people who know what they've heard, seen and felt. They've heard things you havent, and seen things you havent, and felt things you havent. Therefore it's not by coming here and saying that the Bible is full of contradictions or religion addles the mind or all those things that you make people "change their positions with regards to the resurrection of Jesus." Some people won't, because they're sure.

@seyenko
They'll also give you some carbon-dating jazz, I promise you.
Re: The Bones Of Jesus by huxley2(m): 5:25pm On Jun 12, 2009
mactao:

This is where you atheists get it wrong. You don't believe in the supernatural. Well, there are people who do. And they have supernatural evidence. Therefore, it'll take supernatural evidence to make them "change their position with regards to the resurrection of Jesus". Not a bunch of scientific papers that anyone can cook up.

You can keep saying things, but there are people who know what they've heard, seen and felt. They've heard things you havent, and seen things you havent, and felt things you havent. Therefore it's not by coming here and saying that the Bible is full of contradictions or religion addles the mind or all those things that you make people "change their positions with regards to the resurrection of Jesus." Some people won't, because they're sure.

@seyenko
They'll also give you some carbon-dating jazz, I promise you.

Have you lost you mind or what? Are you unable to address the question? If you are, why bother to post such nonsense?
Re: The Bones Of Jesus by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jun 13, 2009
huxley2:

Have you lost you mind or what? Are you unable to address the question? If you are, why bother to post such nonsense?

No, I haven't lost my mind. Au contraire, I think you're the one who's incapable of making very simple connections, so I'll do it for you. By that post I meant that there are people who have supernatural evidence of the fact that Jesus' bones aren't anywhere on planet earth. So a bunch of papers giving DNA test results and carbon dating stuff won't move them.

That's what I meant. I did address the question. It's not my fault that you didn't understand.

(1) (Reply)

A Good Religious Debate - Making Sense Of It All / Why Did Jesus Use Unleavened Bread As A Symbol Of His Body? / Catholic Contradictions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.