Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,517 members, 7,958,569 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 05:28 PM

Nigerians React To BMB Comment On The Presidential Budget - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians React To BMB Comment On The Presidential Budget (625 Views)

Nigerians React To Aisha Buhari’s Comment On President’s Health / Nigerians React To President Buhari's Return In Funny Tweets / (VIDEO) This Ex-governor Has Been Making Commonsense Before Sen. BMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians React To BMB Comment On The Presidential Budget by gohome: 12:25pm On Dec 30, 2015
If the ₦18.1 Billion Presidency budget as reported in the media is correct, then it is way too high especially in an era of austerity. When oil price was high, Jonathan did not even spend that much, yet he was vilified. If the present administration expects the rest of us to sacrifice and do without, then the Presidency must demonstrate its commitment to its own austerity policy by scaling down and not scaling up. Otherwise it will be a case of do as I say but do not do as I do.

My name is Ben Murray-Bruce and I just want to make #Commonsense!

lalasticlala

1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To BMB Comment On The Presidential Budget by Nobody: 12:26pm On Dec 30, 2015
The only thing I can say is to whom brain is given, common sense is expected.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To BMB Comment On The Presidential Budget by gohome: 12:26pm On Dec 30, 2015
CC: lalasticlala

Re: Nigerians React To BMB Comment On The Presidential Budget by simonlee(m): 12:26pm On Dec 30, 2015
#BudgetofYams
FTC grin
Re: Nigerians React To BMB Comment On The Presidential Budget by zikIPE: 12:28pm On Dec 30, 2015
Chai, see what my man has brought on himself.
I really think he should have presented the original copy he has with him instead of quoting the propaganda media we have in Nigeria.
I expect to see a counter-post from my able senator in which he'll explain everything to us. 8-)
Have i made sense?? grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To BMB Comment On The Presidential Budget by gohome: 12:28pm On Dec 30, 2015
More

Re: Nigerians React To BMB Comment On The Presidential Budget by gohome: 12:31pm On Dec 30, 2015
grin

Re: Nigerians React To BMB Comment On The Presidential Budget by gohome: 12:37pm On Dec 30, 2015
zikIPE:
Chai, see what my man has brought on himself.
I really think he should have presented the original copy he has with him instead of quoting the propaganda media we have in Nigeria.
I expect to see a counter-post from my able senator in which he'll explain everything to us. 8-)
Have i made sense?? grin

With all due respect NO

1. Just like every organization, NASS has it principles and protocol. One of them is that every item discussed in closed doors can not be made public until it's deliberated in the house. Don't expect Ben to show you the budget yet.

2. After the presidents reads the budget highlights to the house, about 400 copies of the detailed budget is to be printed and pass on to members of the house. The question you should ask is does my senator (which I am sure isn't Ben) have a copy yet

3. I think Ben has seen the details and the details says 18 plus billions. But his hands are tied to quote verbatim the real copy. So in my opinion he is telling us with style.

4. The message I want you to get is, I want you to to know that Ben is one out of 109. If it is time to approve this budget. 1 nah against the 108 Aye can not stop this impunity. He wants you to identify your senator and make this noise so that the NAHs will stop this rascality. If you do not have at least 60-70 people that are radical just like Ben in they senate, we have to chill for another 16 years
Re: Nigerians React To BMB Comment On The Presidential Budget by zikIPE: 12:38pm On Dec 30, 2015
gohome:

With all due respect NO
haha, please counter intelligently or forever remain silent cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To BMB Comment On The Presidential Budget by iykofias(m): 12:40pm On Dec 30, 2015
Critism of this present administration is gatherin pace evri minute, buhari must have learnt the difference btw being a president and a presidential aspirant. May God nt forsake us all.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Dont Blame DSS For Rearresting Dasuki-buhari / Photos: Buhari Shocks Osinbajo, Nsa, Ministers At Fec Meeting / Kogi: Idris Wada To Dissolve Cabinet Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.