Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,118 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

Presidency Votes N3.6bn For BMW Cars In Budget 2016 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Votes N3.6bn For BMW Cars In Budget 2016 (27311 Views)

FG Releases N1.6bn For States Ravaged By Flood / Why We Bought N3.6bn Exotic Cars During Recession –reps / Ex-Governors Received Billions In Waivers To Buy Aircraft, 200 BMW Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency Votes N3.6bn For BMW Cars In Budget 2016 by ighodalonosa(m): 6:53pm On Dec 30, 2015
BankManager:
So Mr integrity,Buhari,has
budgeted N3.63 BILLION to
purchase BMW SALOON
CARS in 2016??wow
When d e-warriors of APC called this budget a Budget of Hope, they were right. It was great hope for APC thieves to
steal Nigeria blind!
STELLA ODUA
Re: Presidency Votes N3.6bn For BMW Cars In Budget 2016 by Nobody: 6:54pm On Dec 30, 2015
HzRF:

Haha even countries that we suppose to bossy over we can even look at them

As small as isreal is without any support we finish up our army in 24hrs

Economy nko we dey fool ourselves with the tag"gaint of Africa"

Everything no just make sense in this country

The system is one huge joke......we can't harness our resources and population. Bro, I dey vex. ....
Re: Presidency Votes N3.6bn For BMW Cars In Budget 2016 by beejaay: 6:55pm On Dec 30, 2015
LaurelP:
Presidency votes N3.6b for BMW cars in Budget 2016
Foodstuff, others to get N427.5m

A FLEET of new exotic cars is on the way for the Presidency.

The BMW salon cars for principal officers are likley to cost N3,630,000,000, going by the 2016 budget for the Presidency. The number of the cars is not specified.

Besides, N189.1m is voted for tyres for various vehicles, including the bulletproof and plain Mercedes Benz cars being used in the Presidency.

The expenditure on tyres is to cover other brands of vehicles, including Toyota cars, trucks, Land Cruiser Sport Utility Vehicles (SUVs), Prado SUVs, Hilux pick-up vans, Peugeot 607 and 406 cars, ambulances and others broadly described as “ utility and operational vehicles”.

President Muhammadu Buhari will, in the next fiscal year, likely spend N1,415,706,197 on both local and international travels and transportation, as against the N944,672,109 spent in 2015 by him and his predecessor, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, on travels and transportation.

As against this year’s N24.4 billion allocation, the Presidency, voted N39 billion in the 2016 national budget.

Details of the 2016 budget breakdown for the Presidency indicate that in place of the N24. 6 million voted for Wildlife Conservation, including the purchase of exotic animals last year, N326m is allocated for next year.

Also, acquisition of presidential canteen materials and kitchen equipment has increased from N83.1m this year to N89m in 2016.

There is also a marginal increase in the N11m voted for supply of foodstuff and catering services in the Vice President’s office in 2015 to N16.6m.

A breakdown of the 2016 budget for the Presidency includes: general renovation of the Guest House (N387m); complete furnishing of the Guest House (N45m); purchase of computers (27.5m) and construction and provision of recreational facilities (764m).

Recreational materials totalling N12m are to be procured.

Other expenditures on the Presidency’s vehicles include N39.8m for the purchase of an unspecified number of 200 amps, 100 amps and 60 amps Mercedes Benz batteries for bulletproof vehicles.

Also N30m is to be expended on the purchase of tool boxes, car jacks, and diagnostic machines for the Presidency’s bulletproof cars.

The purchase of C-Caution triangles, fire-extinguishers and cables is to cost N27m.

While there is no indication of the number or condition of items procured by the Presidency in 2015, N114.4m is to be expended on the upgrade of internet infrastructure in the State House; N22.5 is to be spent on purchasing internet servers.

The purchase of what is described as “Active Devices for State House Network” is to cost N100m and N35m is to be expended on the purchase of security appliances and licences, including computer anti-virus software.

Under the Office of the National Security Adviser’s N90.3 billion budget for 2016, N8.7 billion is to be expended to develop the ONSA’s “All-Eye” surveillance project and N9 billion to construct an esoterically-named “Stravinsky Project”.

The ONSA’s security vote, including funds for operations, is pegged at N576m.

The Department of State Security Service (DSS) has N2.2 billion for its 2016 security vote. The Presidential Air Fleet is to spend N262.4m on Air Navigation equipment.

Under the 2016 budget, State House Headquarters is to spend N104.7m on refreshments and meals. Foodstuff and catering materials worth N102.9m are to be supplied.

There is provision for N99m as grants to local councils.

Other items under the Presidency’s 2016 budget include: N55,670,000 for installation or budget planning software; N272,646,891 for Upgrading of mechanical and electrical power line (underground) supplies to the State House; N322,421,971 for linking of cable to drivers’ rest room at Villa Admin and N213,873,953 for linking of cable from House No 9 Generator House to the gate.

Others are: N618,604,265 for installation of electrical lightings & fittings; N191,592,132 for electrical installation of distribution boards & other cables; N22,861,449 for provision of stage curtains & electrical drive; N10,416,146 for installations of electrical materials and luminaries.

http://thenationonlineng.net/presidency-votes-n3-6b-for-bmw-cars-in-budget-2016/
Re: Presidency Votes N3.6bn For BMW Cars In Budget 2016 by onatisi(m): 6:55pm On Dec 30, 2015
MJAP:
And we have indigenous car assembling company in Nigeria. This man is worse than Jonathan undecided
you haven't seen anything because dullardihno hasn't even started looting yet. By the time Nigerians start queuing up for food rations then ppl will know the wahala they brought upon themselves
Re: Presidency Votes N3.6bn For BMW Cars In Budget 2016 by eagleeye2: 6:56pm On Dec 30, 2015
sameer1212:
Chai Wailers go finish us today. grin
It's NOT all about WAILING or LYING. It's about us all, being taken for A goddamn ride by these politicians.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Votes N3.6bn For BMW Cars In Budget 2016 by banidoc(m): 7:02pm On Dec 30, 2015
Its obvious all politicians are the same. They keep feeding us with what they want us tk believe. Later they will say the vault is empty total lies and propaganda. So where are all these billions coming out from?

We are reaping the dividend of our votes, those who voted and those that didnt we are all responsible. No one should disturb God with prayers.

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Votes N3.6bn For BMW Cars In Budget 2016 by sanmibukunmi: 7:03pm On Dec 30, 2015
I need to get out of this country fast......everything is becoming hopeless.
Re: Presidency Votes N3.6bn For BMW Cars In Budget 2016 by 2ts: 7:04pm On Dec 30, 2015
And what happened to the Made in Nigeria cars?
Re: Presidency Votes N3.6bn For BMW Cars In Budget 2016 by heniford(m): 7:04pm On Dec 30, 2015
Oh! My God this its too much common tyge its 187m naira God why naiji why u make may them. Come born me naija why!!!!! #the vex need transformation please
Re: Presidency Votes N3.6bn For BMW Cars In Budget 2016 by Nobody: 7:09pm On Dec 30, 2015
Buhari,osibanjo and APC are the biggest frauds ever voted into power. God will surely judge them. I weep bitterly for Nigeria.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Presidency Votes N3.6bn For BMW Cars In Budget 2016 by Nobody: 7:15pm On Dec 30, 2015
LaurelP:
and my question is

what happened to Innoson motors?
why BMW?

why not at least encourage made in Nigeria goods.

Fellow Nigerians, we've been scammed. Am afraid, its just gonna be another wasted 8 years, only that it's gonna be worse than the others.

Buhari patronize Innoson when he hates the Igbos like there's no tomorrow? The man is nothing but a burukutu sipping bastard!

Fellow Nigerians, we've been scammed. Am afraid, its just gonna be another wasted 8 years, only that it's gonna be worse than the others.

Did you just say 8 years? He probably won't finish the first 4! We will all see!!
Re: Presidency Votes N3.6bn For BMW Cars In Budget 2016 by gottliebglobal(m): 7:15pm On Dec 30, 2015
It beats me how this could happen in a country with more than 150 million people. Where are the youths of this great country?
Why can't we write to our elected officials in both houses and tell them how we really feel?
They keep deceiving us claiming that the youth are the leaders of tomorrow, when will tomorrow come.?
I have been waiting for 35 years.
Nigeria = Animal Farm [b]
Re: Presidency Votes N3.6bn For BMW Cars In Budget 2016 by Nobody: 7:18pm On Dec 30, 2015
Profligacy continues!
Re: Presidency Votes N3.6bn For BMW Cars In Budget 2016 by godoluwa(m): 7:30pm On Dec 30, 2015
Vikings007:
abeg I fit join You? Even if na Benin republic, I dey interested.
kikikikiki, wat about ghana?
Re: Presidency Votes N3.6bn For BMW Cars In Budget 2016 by Omenkata: 7:31pm On Dec 30, 2015
dearpreye:

The regret has already started; the wailers are increasing in numbers tongue tongue.....

Must those installations be replaced every year? Back people and maximum comfort....

i love it whenever you talk
Re: Presidency Votes N3.6bn For BMW Cars In Budget 2016 by Nobody: 7:32pm On Dec 30, 2015
I pity nigerians
dearpreye:

The regret has already started; the wailers are increasing in numbers tongue tongue.....

Must those installations be replaced every year? Back people and maximum comfort....
Re: Presidency Votes N3.6bn For BMW Cars In Budget 2016 by Reference(m): 7:34pm On Dec 30, 2015
Told you guys. Change the game, not the players.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Votes N3.6bn For BMW Cars In Budget 2016 by Nobody: 7:35pm On Dec 30, 2015
Oma307:
I pity nigerians

Yes. They deserve genuine pity. They've always had bad and irresponsible government- this one included.
Re: Presidency Votes N3.6bn For BMW Cars In Budget 2016 by Nobody: 7:36pm On Dec 30, 2015
Reference:
Told you guys. Change the game, not the players.

We lack the mental fortitude and character required to do that.
Re: Presidency Votes N3.6bn For BMW Cars In Budget 2016 by onatisi(m): 7:36pm On Dec 30, 2015
Why does buhari always stick his tongue out whenever he is been asked a question asbif he wants to suck a pus*y
Re: Presidency Votes N3.6bn For BMW Cars In Budget 2016 by Mordyb: 7:37pm On Dec 30, 2015
Pls mods and good people of Nairaland am I the only watching this presidential media chat how come there is no thread for it
Re: Presidency Votes N3.6bn For BMW Cars In Budget 2016 by Nobody: 7:37pm On Dec 30, 2015
Omenkata:

i love it whenever you talk

How the hell do I end up here? What am I doing in this backward nation? I'll correct that mistake for my kids....

Thanks my brother.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Votes N3.6bn For BMW Cars In Budget 2016 by egobetatoday: 7:45pm On Dec 30, 2015
fajesito:
Jonathan N24.4 billion, Buhari N39 billion, eleyi gidi gan.
with all the prosecutions and findings no APC person has been fished out for corruption.
once u decamp to APC old things are passed away and everything becomes new lol

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Votes N3.6bn For BMW Cars In Budget 2016 by Reference(m): 7:47pm On Dec 30, 2015
dearpreye:

We lack the mental fortitude and character required to do that.

Well, that is the reason why we CANNOT develop. 56 years after independence, more that a dozen governments of all shapes and sizes. The only recurring decimal, everything getting progressively worse.
Re: Presidency Votes N3.6bn For BMW Cars In Budget 2016 by banio: 7:48pm On Dec 30, 2015
I have said it, these old religion politicians are wicked from birth. They can never take us to the promised land.
GEJ would have tried but his romance with the old religion betrayed him. We need a youth that will ascend the presidency and sack everybody that has ties with the old religion. Then and only then can we make progress.
Re: Presidency Votes N3.6bn For BMW Cars In Budget 2016 by Nobody: 7:50pm On Dec 30, 2015
Reference:

Well, that is the reason why we CANNOT develop. 56 years after independence, more that a dozen governments of all shapes and sizes. The only recurring decimal, everything getting progressively worse.

The number of numb and mad people greatly outweigh the sane and normal people. The whole system is one hopeless situation.

Change the game, NOT the player. Hmmm
Re: Presidency Votes N3.6bn For BMW Cars In Budget 2016 by hodari: 7:56pm On Dec 30, 2015
This is deceit of the highest order!! angry
Re: Presidency Votes N3.6bn For BMW Cars In Budget 2016 by egobetatoday: 7:59pm On Dec 30, 2015
onatisi:
What many don't understand is that buhari is no longer in control.he is just a human robot signing and approving everything tinubu and co pushes in front of him. Buhari hasn't got the mental abilities to fashion out intelligent economic policies or issues and he has tinubu boys controlling the economic team ,the osun example is a classical example of what is most certain to be Nigeria fate by 2019

i get you...he had F9 in economics!
Re: Presidency Votes N3.6bn For BMW Cars In Budget 2016 by cele360: 7:59pm On Dec 30, 2015
Na wa o, which kind millions billions naira be this na, I beg in they turn my head, when some people no see money eat food
Re: Presidency Votes N3.6bn For BMW Cars In Budget 2016 by Mexyz(m): 8:13pm On Dec 30, 2015
Pidggin:
Over 3 billion for BJW cars?! Stella Oduah is a saint o
Na BMW not BJW... No let bubu DSS come arrest you o... Lol
Re: Presidency Votes N3.6bn For BMW Cars In Budget 2016 by felixawe(m): 8:25pm On Dec 30, 2015
APC is full of wicked liars and deceiver. Make we dey watch em [i][/i] cool[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Presidency Votes N3.6bn For BMW Cars In Budget 2016 by Eluwilussit(m): 8:52pm On Dec 30, 2015
neocortex:
Buhari banned Nigerians from buying foreign goods, but he is about to spend more than 6 billion Naira(including foreign travels)
on exotic not basic needs.
What a change!

This is just the Genesis. By the time we get to the Revelations, we will realize what a hypocrite Buhari is. Some of us tried in vain to warn people that any man who couldn't improve his public and political persona in 30 years, even as an ex-head of state, with all the attendant rights and privileges, has no basis to become a 21st century president of Nigeria. Did Nigerians listen?

Kick Jona out! Out!! Out!!! Alas, kicking Jona out is just the easy part. Replacing Jona with a better and credible man/woman is the hard part, and some of us knew it. There are great men and women that will pilot the affairs of th nation better but out of sentiment( both religious and tribal), we decided to elect a slowpoke and a vagabond who knows next to nothing.

I pointed out that the presidency is a job and should be occupied by one of our best. Why it didn't matter that Bubu doesn't have a certificate, beats my imagination. At every level in every ministry, one almost certainly needs some sort of certificate. But we allowed Bubu to circumvent that huddle inspite of all the evidences stacked against him.

We shall reap the fruit of our dishonesty and double standards. This is just a tip of the iceberg.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Shinkafi And Dakingari Charged With Money Laundering, Despite Moving To APC / Thugs Destroy President Buhari's Posters In Taraba (Pictures) / APC Leaders At War Over 2023 Presidency, Zoning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.