Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,168 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Query To Expire Old Records - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Query To Expire Old Records (761 Views)

Urgent Help On Sparql Query Ontology / Php/mysql Help:how To Run Sql Query From A Link / Help Needed With Mysql/php Date Query (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Query To Expire Old Records by FMK(m): 6:23pm On Jun 12, 2009
Gents,

what expression can I use in Microsoft Access if i want to create a table like this Password Valid from valid to ( expiration date)

that is to say the section needs to expire the old records and create a new one or change the record contents
Re: Query To Expire Old Records by moneyskill: 7:02pm On Jul 02, 2009
Your question is not clear, this can be done using a scripting language that will set expiry date for the old password like this

CREATE TABLE storepwd (
new_pwd VARCHAR(32) NOT NULL,
expire_date DATETIME NOT NULL DEFAULT '0000-00-00 00:00:00'
);

The above code is for mysql, and it should work on MS Access.
Your script should now check the expiry date and ask the user to change the password.

Something like SELECT * FROM storepwd WHERE expire_date >= 'Your expire date'
Re: Query To Expire Old Records by dotzok: 10:49am On Jul 09, 2009
Launch Ur Access, Create ur table in design mode. create 3 or more columns (e.g. Password, StartDate, ExpiryDate)-Control the rest from your application. Make Ur Access db password-guarded and at the same time make provision for smart programmers like U in case they want to change system date to remain valid,

(1) (Reply)

Code Jam Is Back! / Help! I Am Writing About: Travelling Salesman Problem / Features That Can Increase The Number Of Users Of Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.