Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,769 members, 7,851,626 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:49 AM

Boko Haram Defeated? December Deadline - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Defeated? December Deadline (581 Views)

Unfortunate: Boko Haram Defeated, Social Media Silent. / Boko Haram Defeated, Chibok Girls Rescue Underway, Says Buratai / Army Has Met December Deadline Of Defeating Boko Haram – Lai Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Defeated? December Deadline by Nobody: 1:14pm On Dec 31, 2015

Today Thursday 31 of December 2015 is the deadline His Excellency President Muhammadu Buhari has given the service chiefs to defeat the insurgent group Book Haram.

The deadline was given on August and it ends 11:59. p.m of today.

He told the BBC that the militant group could no
longer mount "conventional attacks" against
security forces or population centres.

It had been reduced to fighting with improvised
explosives devices (IED) and remained a force
only in its heartland of Borno state, he said.

Boko Haram has been described as one of the
world's deadliest terror groups.

Critics of the government argue that it has
exaggerated the scale of its success against the
militants, and that each time the army claims to
have wiped out Boko Haram, the militants have
quietly rebuilt.

Nairalanders: Do you believe that on this day of 31st Dec. 2015 Boko has been defeated or has been technically defeated?
Re: Boko Haram Defeated? December Deadline by Wizprodigy: 1:24pm On Dec 31, 2015
It is still early to criticize wait till 11:59 pm. There is nothing our able N.A cannot do from massarcre to spirodic shooting, have faith.
Re: Boko Haram Defeated? December Deadline by Nobody: 1:26pm On Dec 31, 2015
Wizprodigy:
It is still early to criticize wait till 11:59 pm. There is nothing our able N.A cannot do from massarcre to spirodic shooting, have faith.

Are you telling me they are not defeated until 11:59 p.m
Re: Boko Haram Defeated? December Deadline by Wizprodigy: 1:32pm On Dec 31, 2015
FriendChoice:

Are you telling me they are not defeated until 11:59 p.m
well i am telling you that the december deadline ends by 11:59 p.m, so till then can we criticize.
Re: Boko Haram Defeated? December Deadline by Juxtified(m): 1:38pm On Dec 31, 2015
Technically defeated. Don't ask me what that means cos me too i don't know yet
Re: Boko Haram Defeated? December Deadline by Nobody: 1:58pm On Dec 31, 2015
Juxtified:
Technically defeated. Don't ask me what that means cos me too i don't know yet

What those that mean? why do you say it then.
Re: Boko Haram Defeated? December Deadline by A7(m): 2:00pm On Dec 31, 2015
Channels Tv: Your excellency the three months target you gave to the military to annihilate, to flush out boko haram is running out, in a situation where they don't meet the target would there be an extension?

PMB: The main objective is to get rid of boko haram whether it's within the time limit we give to the military or outside it we will mantain focus on our objective, and we will support them, normally I'm an optimistic person, those that have already given up I'm sorry for them, but I remain confident that our military and other law enforcement agencies are more than equal to boko haram.
Re: Boko Haram Defeated? December Deadline by Juxtified(m): 2:45pm On Dec 31, 2015
FriendChoice:

What those that mean? why do you say it then.
I just told u not to ask me and u still went ahead to do so...lol. That was what the Presidency said - Boko haram has been technically defeated.
Re: Boko Haram Defeated? December Deadline by Nobody: 3:19pm On Dec 31, 2015
A7:
Channels Tv: Your excellency the three months target you gave to the military to annihilate, to flush out boko haram is running out, in a situation where they don't meet the target would there be an extension?

PMB: The main objective is to get rid of boko haram whether it's within the time limit we give to the military or outside it we will mantain focus on our objective, and we will support them, normally I'm an optimistic person, those that have already given up I'm sorry for them, but I remain confident that our military and other law enforcement agencies are more than equal to boko haram.

Ok I pray they meet the deadline tonight.

(1) (Reply)

Fayose Got N1.4b From The Armsgate Via Obanikoro / FG Won’t Overlook Petition Against Lamorde- AGF / Bazaar In The Temple Of Justice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.