Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,466 members, 7,826,770 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

In Need Of A Displayport To HDMI Adapter - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / In Need Of A Displayport To HDMI Adapter (2841 Views)

USB To HDMI Adapter For Sales @5000 / Displayport Cable - Male To Male / HDMI To HDMI Cable - 5M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Need Of A Displayport To HDMI Adapter by DatechMan(m): 3:50pm On Dec 31, 2015
Good day Nairalanders,
I need to connect my HP Elitebook 8440p with my new Samsung 4K TV.
The problem here is that the laptop comes with only a single DisplayPort with no HMDI port. My TV supports an array of 4 HDMI ports but no DisplayPort connection.

I'm in need of a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter. Something like

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Display-Port-DP-Male-To-HDMI-Female-Adapter-Converter-Adaptor-for-HDTV-PC-FE-NEW-/141860921779?hash=item210791e1b3:g:skgAAOSwCQNWfgjK

OR

https://www./universal-display-port-to-hdmi-cable-1150473.html

Thanks in advance.

#GodBlessNigeria
Re: In Need Of A Displayport To HDMI Adapter by DatechMan(m): 8:28am On Jan 01, 2016
HAPPY NEW YEAR
Re: In Need Of A Displayport To HDMI Adapter by martinz1: 1:30pm On Jan 01, 2016
DatechMan:
HAPPY NEW YEAR
See the one I have. I don't know if its d same

Re: In Need Of A Displayport To HDMI Adapter by DatechMan(m): 2:15pm On Jan 01, 2016
martinz1:

See the one I have. I don't know if its d same

Yes. It looks something like that. Though I can't distinguish the port clearly in the picture because HDMI is very similar to DisplayPort in terms of connector/port.

Kindly verify that there is a mark that looks like D on the male connector.

Bro, where are you based?
Re: In Need Of A Displayport To HDMI Adapter by DatechMan(m): 1:22pm On Jan 02, 2016
Dear martinz1

The laptop I'm using is HP Elitebook 8440p.

The displayport male side should have this logo

Re: In Need Of A Displayport To HDMI Adapter by martinz1: 8:00pm On Jan 02, 2016
ok
i think mine is a lil different from displayport
mine is hdmi to a different hdmi type adapter

you can search for it in the market, if you dont see it, you might wanna order it from aliexpress
Re: In Need Of A Displayport To HDMI Adapter by dragnet: 8:52pm On Jan 02, 2016
simply import it. it doesn't cost much.
Re: In Need Of A Displayport To HDMI Adapter by AskProf: 11:10pm On Jan 02, 2016
DatechMan:
HAPPY NEW YEAR
Availiable, call 0808.two.nine.three.2020.

Re: In Need Of A Displayport To HDMI Adapter by nwolisar: 11:28pm On Jan 02, 2016
Pity u, u shuld consider upgrading ur laptop to one with WiDi technology, it rocks!!!
Re: In Need Of A Displayport To HDMI Adapter by DatechMan(m): 2:05pm On Jan 03, 2016
AskProf:

Availiable, call 0808.two.nine.three.2020.

What I see in that picture is a HDMI to Mini-HDMI converter like the type used for phones.

What I need is a converter with DisplayPort male port with an inscription like the pic used in my early comment and a Female HDMI port.

Note that DisplayPort is a multimedia port like HDMI but usually used on enterprise PC like the HP Elitebook. Although the form factor is similar they are truly distinct.
Re: In Need Of A Displayport To HDMI Adapter by AskProf: 4:18pm On Jan 04, 2016
DatechMan:

What I see in that picture is a HDMI to Mini-HDMI converter like the type used for phones.

What I need is a converter with DisplayPort male port with an inscription like the pic used in my early comment and a Female HDMI port.

Note that DisplayPort is a multimedia port like HDMI but usually used on enterprise PC like the HP Elitebook. Although the form factor is similar they are truly distinct.

product is certainly DisplayPort Male to HDMI Female adapter... Also available are 1. DisplayPort Male to Di7playPort Female... 2. DisplayPort Male to HDMI M ale cables.
Re: In Need Of A Displayport To HDMI Adapter by DatechMan(m): 6:54am On Jan 05, 2016
AskProf:

product is certainly DisplayPort Male to HDMI Female adapter... Also available are 1. DisplayPort Male to Di7playPort Female... 2. DisplayPort Male to HDMI M ale cables.

OK bro.
The male-to-male cable is ok. I saw on your post that it's 5k abeg what's the last price?
If you know any Osogbo park, you can send it through the park. I think that'll cost between 500 - 1k.
Re: In Need Of A Displayport To HDMI Adapter by AskProf: 7:47am On Jan 05, 2016
DatechMan:

OK bro.
The male-to-male cable is ok. I saw on your post that it's 5k abeg what's the last price?
If you know any Osogbo park, you can send it through the park. I think that'll cost between 500 - 1k.

Yes, 5.0K (DP Male to DP Male).
Re: In Need Of A Displayport To HDMI Adapter by desmanreal(m): 5:29pm On Apr 11, 2016
nwolisar:
Pity u, u shuld consider upgrading ur laptop to one with WiDi technology, it rocks!!!
U don't have an idea of what an elitebook is. Itz a business machine. The displayport is even superior to HDMI.

3 Likes

Re: In Need Of A Displayport To HDMI Adapter by teewhydope(m): 10:38am On Mar 01, 2019
AskProf:

I think I will also need one for my elitebook and tv
Re: In Need Of A Displayport To HDMI Adapter by LeoFish92(m): 6:33pm On Oct 26, 2019
DatechMan:
Good day Nairalanders,
I need to connect my HP Elitebook 8440p with my new Samsung 4K TV.
The problem here is that the laptop comes with only a single DisplayPort with no HMDI port. My TV supports an array of 4 HDMI ports but no DisplayPort connection.

I'm in need of a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter. Something like

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Display-Port-DP-Male-To-HDMI-Female-Adapter-Converter-Adaptor-for-HDTV-PC-FE-NEW-/141860921779?hash=item210791e1b3:g:skgAAOSwCQNWfgjK

OR

https://www./universal-display-port-to-hdmi-cable-1150473.html

Thanks in advance.

#GodBlessNigeria

Did you later get yours?

I have an elitebook laptop and a 43 inches LG TV.

Need that cable like mad now
Re: In Need Of A Displayport To HDMI Adapter by DatechMan(m): 3:59am On Oct 29, 2019
LeoFish92:

Did you later get yours?

I have an elitebook laptop and a 43 inches LG TV.

Need that cable like mad now

I didn't get it. I bought another laptop and didn't need the cable anymore. I don't know why small things like that are so scarce in Naija. If you are in Lagos, you might be able to get something inside computer village.
Re: In Need Of A Displayport To HDMI Adapter by LeoFish92(m): 4:54pm On Oct 29, 2019
DatechMan:

I didn't get it. I bought another laptop and didn't need the cable anymore. I don't know why small things like that are so scarce in Naija. If you are in Lagos, you might be able to get something inside computer village.

Oh, lucky you.

I had to order from Aliexpress. It'll arrive in two weeks time.

Can't wait to mirror my pes 19 from PC to tv
Re: In Need Of A Displayport To HDMI Adapter by vichaz10(m): 2:41pm On Apr 20, 2020
LeoFish92:

Oh, lucky you.

I had to order from Aliexpress. It'll arrive in two weeks time.

Can't wait to mirror my pes 19 from PC to tv

Boss did you later get it.. I'm in dire need of one right now..
Re: In Need Of A Displayport To HDMI Adapter by AskProf: 3:17pm On Apr 20, 2020
vichaz10:

Hello...

Re: In Need Of A Displayport To HDMI Adapter by vichaz10(m): 3:58pm On Apr 20, 2020
AskProf:

Hello...

I need the display port to hdmi converter
Re: In Need Of A Displayport To HDMI Adapter by exhibit7432(m): 4:11pm On Apr 20, 2020
vichaz10:

I need the display port to hdmi converter

It’s on Jumia. Just search “display port”

You’ll see a lot of them
Re: In Need Of A Displayport To HDMI Adapter by LeoFish92(m): 5:59pm On Apr 20, 2020
vichaz10:

Yeah, works flawlessly

Take a close look at my TV, you'll see its a desktop folder that's on display. You won't see the chord that runs the laptop to the TV cos I ran it through a pvc conduit which I painted green

1 Like

Re: In Need Of A Displayport To HDMI Adapter by vichaz10(m): 6:16pm On Apr 20, 2020
LeoFish92:

Yeah, works flawlessly

Take a close look at my TV, you'll see its a desktop folder that's on display. You won't see the chord that runs the laptop to the TV cos I ran it through a pvc conduit which I painted green

Wow....

Is it the displayport to hdmi chord you bought or displayport to hdmi converter....
Re: In Need Of A Displayport To HDMI Adapter by LeoFish92(m): 9:06pm On Apr 20, 2020
vichaz10:

Wow....

Is it the displayport to hdmi chord you bought or displayport to hdmi converter....

The converter. Then I bought a normal hdmi cord
Re: In Need Of A Displayport To HDMI Adapter by vichaz10(m): 1:12pm On Apr 21, 2020
LeoFish92:

The converter. Then I bought a normal hdmi cord

Alright thanks....
Currently using vga buh I'm not okay with the display output...i just Hope the hdmi would improve things.
Re: In Need Of A Displayport To HDMI Adapter by LeoFish92(m): 1:42pm On Apr 21, 2020
vichaz10:

Alright thanks....
Currently using vga buh I'm not okay with the display output...i just Hope the hdmi would improve things.

That's why it's called high definition multimedia interface (Hdmi) it sure will improve things

1 Like

Re: In Need Of A Displayport To HDMI Adapter by Nobody: 9:35pm On Aug 25, 2020
vichaz10:

Alright thanks....

hi, how bad is the display output?

Do you Know where I can get Display port to AV converter?
Re: In Need Of A Displayport To HDMI Adapter by vichaz10(m): 9:53pm On Aug 25, 2020
ennydammy11:

hi, how bad is the display output?

Do you Know where I can get Display port to AV converter?

Really bad compared to the display port I'm using now.... You'd surely get one at CV, if you stay in lagos..

(don't know if the problem is with the vga port on the system cos the port was beside the charging port.. So anytime the charger is plugged in,the display starts flickering a bit. )

(1) (Reply)

Forsale: Very Neat UK Used Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Dual Sim / PROMO Sales, HUAWEI Honor 5, With Front Flash, 2gig Ram & 16gig Inbuilt..N13,500 / Clearance sales

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.