Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,343 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Nigerian President Refuses To Obey Court Orders-Associated Press - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian President Refuses To Obey Court Orders-Associated Press (881 Views)

Judge To DSS: Obey Court Orders Now Or Go Home / Financial sector workers urged to obey NLC on strike / Nigerians: Cameroon Troops Burned Our Village, Forced Us Out- Associated Press (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian President Refuses To Obey Court Orders-Associated Press by LordVarys: 8:43pm On Dec 31, 2015
LAGOS, Nigeria (AP) — Nigeria's government will not release two prominent detainees despite several court orders for their release, and will not comment on the situation of a third, wounded detainee, President Muhammadu Buhari said Wednesday.

Buhari, a former military dictator who calls himself a born-again democrat, did not discuss the propriety of defying court orders when he spoke on national TV.

"If you see the atrocities these people committed against this country!" Buhari said in justification. "We can't allow them to jump bail."

A Federal High Court set no bail conditions and ordered the unconditional release of Biafra separatist leader Nnamdi Kanu on Dec. 17. Kanu was detained Oct. 17 on charges recently escalated to terrorism and financing terrorism. His cause led to a civil war that killed 1 million people in the 1960s.

Sponsored Links
STOCKS, GOLD, OIL ALL TUMBLE: Here's what you need to know
Businessinsider
Former national security adviser Sambo Dasuki was detained Nov. 4 after intelligence agents surrounded his home for days to prevent him from leaving the country after a court allowed him bail to seek medical care abroad.

Dasuki is accused, among other things, of diverting $2.2 billion meant to buy arms to fight the Boko Haram Islamic uprising. Three courts have ordered his release on bail.

"What of the over two million people displaced, most of them orphans whose fathers have been killed?" Buhari asked. "We cannot allow that."

He refused to discuss the situation of Shiite leader Ibraheem Zakzaky, who was detained with four bullet wounds Dec. 14 in military raids that allegedly killed hundreds of his followers.

The army said the raids and bulldozing of Zakzaky's home and Shiite spiritual centers was a response to an alleged Shiite attempt to assassinate Nigeria's army chief. Human Rights Watch has said the raid was unprovoked.

Authorities have refused to allow anyone to see Zakzaky.

Buhari said he would not comment until an investigation is complete.
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/c4b6dfe3f5c6497e89b549fe0239534d/nigeria-wont-release-2-detainees-despite-court-orders
Re: Nigerian President Refuses To Obey Court Orders-Associated Press by belente(m): 8:50pm On Dec 31, 2015
Just like in the days of pharaoh
Re: Nigerian President Refuses To Obey Court Orders-Associated Press by psucc(m): 9:05pm On Dec 31, 2015
Hope we have another red sea to repeat that again.
Re: Nigerian President Refuses To Obey Court Orders-Associated Press by CaaseStudy: 9:12pm On Dec 31, 2015
The world is watching .
Re: Nigerian President Refuses To Obey Court Orders-Associated Press by drss(m): 9:18pm On Dec 31, 2015
hmmm at dis rate of constant abuse of court oders n rule of law, buari will go down in history as d worsest leader ever since d creation of d world.
Re: Nigerian President Refuses To Obey Court Orders-Associated Press by DANILSA(m): 11:34pm On Dec 31, 2015
They came for Dasuki and I was happy because I am Apc not pdp. he should be killed I yelled.
They came for Kanu and I said let him rot in Jail, am not an ipob member.
They came for El-zakzaky and I rejoiced, sho t the man again I screamed because he was shiite and they said he formed a parallel government.
When Buhari came for me, no court again, the whole country was afraid to talk because he had instilled unwholesome fear in all.
MY TURN TO BE BEHEADED.
Danilsa Prince T.
Re: Nigerian President Refuses To Obey Court Orders-Associated Press by anticabal1: 1:09am On Jan 01, 2016
Hahaha omenka no go like this one oh.

(1) (Reply)

Stop Sponsoring Chaos In Abia, HURIWA Tells Gov. Ikpeazu / Popular Oshodi Market Demolished By LASG / Is This The One Nigeria We Crave For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.