Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,654 members, 7,827,417 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

I got two Job Offers, which should I choose? I'm Confused..... Advice Please!!!! - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I got two Job Offers, which should I choose? I'm Confused..... Advice Please!!!! (18682 Views)

Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers / Two Job Offers Can't Decide To Pick One Pls Help!!!! / Two Job Offers. I Am Confused (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I got two Job Offers, which should I choose? I'm Confused..... Advice Please!!!! by lagosrd: 11:07am On Jan 01, 2016
areyemi:

Thank you. I'm not wishing myself ill luck, i'm just trying to weigh both options considering their advantages and disadvantages.

There is still time dear, pray and seek the face of God on it. More so, research on the two sides well and make ur projection and viability.then decide.
Re: I got two Job Offers, which should I choose? I'm Confused..... Advice Please!!!! by Pearlyakin(m): 11:07am On Jan 01, 2016
Congratulations OP
Re: I got two Job Offers, which should I choose? I'm Confused..... Advice Please!!!! by seggzz(m): 11:07am On Jan 01, 2016
areyemi:
First and foremost, I want to thank seun for this platform.

I finished my NYSC July 2nd last year and ever since then i've been on a lookout.

Just early this week I got two job offers one with a startup company offering to pay 55K and another with a bank as an HR personnel and i'm been offer roughly 75k, but i'm confused on which of this two offers to go for.

Owing to the news of hire and fire in the banking industry, i'm really skeptical on resuming work on Monday, 4th of january.

Please, I need your advise. Thanks and God bless.

Lalasticlala...
Bro, go ahead to grab the job with higher pay. After all you will not stay there for so long and you can be fired at anytime.

As you start any of the job also plan to stand on your own my brother.
No permanent job in this country!
Re: I got two Job Offers, which should I choose? I'm Confused..... Advice Please!!!! by iamraven(m): 11:08am On Jan 01, 2016
grin Gv me one nw?...hiss tk d higher pay jor
Re: I got two Job Offers, which should I choose? I'm Confused..... Advice Please!!!! by systemz(m): 11:11am On Jan 01, 2016
Crocz:
Leave both and start selling sachet
Childish!

1 Like

Re: I got two Job Offers, which should I choose? I'm Confused..... Advice Please!!!! by castrokins(m): 11:11am On Jan 01, 2016
OP, What's Bank, What's Company?

Send Your Answer To Lai Mohammed

Today Is My Birthday Guys, Do I Have A Mate Here? Holla Please

1 Like

Re: I got two Job Offers, which should I choose? I'm Confused..... Advice Please!!!! by systemz(m): 11:11am On Jan 01, 2016
Crocz:
Leave both and start selling sachet water
Childish!
Re: I got two Job Offers, which should I choose? I'm Confused..... Advice Please!!!! by lakeside30: 11:11am On Jan 01, 2016
Hope is not keystonebank?pls flee if it is o,

Best of luck
Re: I got two Job Offers, which should I choose? I'm Confused..... Advice Please!!!! by banio: 11:12am On Jan 01, 2016
The bank will be better. By the time you are confirmed your pay will balance more.
Re: I got two Job Offers, which should I choose? I'm Confused..... Advice Please!!!! by chronique(m): 11:13am On Jan 01, 2016
You better rush to the bank to resume on Monday before I use koboko on you. Business developement executive is a polished way of calling someone a marketer. Most firms know people are running away from any job that starts with "mark...". So,they've developed new polished job descriptions that makes it look like you have a very good job title/description. As a start up company,they'd require you to market for them and bring in clients. If you do not have a flair for marketing,don't bother resuming there.
areyemi:
It's a business development executive role for the startup

1 Like

Re: I got two Job Offers, which should I choose? I'm Confused..... Advice Please!!!! by alterswerve(m): 11:14am On Jan 01, 2016
sped1oro:
Any of the job will be ideal but look at the prospect of growing a business such as the start-up company. The fulfillment is long term compared to banking job which is monotonous in nature.
Re: I got two Job Offers, which should I choose? I'm Confused..... Advice Please!!!! by millionboi(m): 11:16am On Jan 01, 2016
Company
Re: I got two Job Offers, which should I choose? I'm Confused..... Advice Please!!!! by Ademat7(m): 11:18am On Jan 01, 2016
Crocz:
Leave both and start selling sachet water na undecided

I'd choose company sha...that, I'll have spare time to do other things to get twice, if not more, the deficit in the salaries
why this comment now,it's unfair
Re: I got two Job Offers, which should I choose? I'm Confused..... Advice Please!!!! by sirwealth(m): 11:20am On Jan 01, 2016
Re: I got two Job Offers, which should I choose? I'm Confused..... Advice Please!!!! by calcal: 11:22am On Jan 01, 2016
definitely you wouldn't last 3 months as HR.
Re: I got two Job Offers, which should I choose? I'm Confused..... Advice Please!!!! by Wealthyone: 11:23am On Jan 01, 2016
areyemi:

I finished my NYSC July 2nd last year and ever since then i've been on a lookout.

Just early this week I got two job offers one with a startup company offering to pay 55K and another with a bank as an HR personnel and i'm been offer roughly 75k, but i'm confused on which of this two offers to go for.

Owing to the news of hire and fire in the banking industry, i'm really skeptical on resuming work on Monday, 4th of january.

Lalasticlala...

BDO is the new name for marketing. HR is a very good and interesting profession where one can build a successful and fulfilling career. You are very lucky to get it without experience. As a HR person, everyone will be nice to u and wanna be your friend in the organisation. You'll have avenue to help, meet and manage a lot of pple especially working with a bank. Go for d HR job, register with cipm and go for your MBA (HR).

1 Like

Re: I got two Job Offers, which should I choose? I'm Confused..... Advice Please!!!! by Taiwo20(m): 11:38am On Jan 01, 2016
HR personnel....even a year experience there would go a long way in boosting your CV.
Re: I got two Job Offers, which should I choose? I'm Confused..... Advice Please!!!! by Nobody: 11:38am On Jan 01, 2016
areyemi:

Lalasticlala...
..go for the 75k...don't ask me why...
Re: I got two Job Offers, which should I choose? I'm Confused..... Advice Please!!!! by Mannylex(m): 11:52am On Jan 01, 2016
I would assume the 75k job is Zenith bank, as they pay fresh graduates that amount before conversion....

Banking is very stressful, but would go a long way in boosting your career. Working in the HR department is a very big plus, as it would shape your career professionally. Asides the fact that both salaries are nothing to write home about especially in a state like Lagos, working in a nameless company and earning 55k when you have a fairer option would be a terrible idea... Welcome to the regimented life of banking

Happy new year guys.

2 Likes

Re: I got two Job Offers, which should I choose? I'm Confused..... Advice Please!!!! by SenatorIyke: 12:00pm On Jan 01, 2016
Go for the company 55k bank no follow
Re: I got two Job Offers, which should I choose? I'm Confused..... Advice Please!!!! by Buzby007(m): 12:07pm On Jan 01, 2016
As much as I ll prefer u go for d company's job, a company just starting up doesn't have any Base yet n can go out of job asap.
I think d bank job has more security than d company's own.

PS: Pray about it. Commit them to God's hands n he shall direct ur path
Re: I got two Job Offers, which should I choose? I'm Confused..... Advice Please!!!! by sashaa(f): 1:10pm On Jan 01, 2016
[quote author=areyemi post=41540662]

Thank you. I'm not wishing myself ill luck, i'm just trying to weigh both options considering their advantages and disadvantages. [/quotle]
I 'll suggest you go for the bank job. As a HR personnel, your chances of being fired ain't high at all
Re: I got two Job Offers, which should I choose? I'm Confused..... Advice Please!!!! by sashaa(f): 1:11pm On Jan 01, 2016
areyemi:

Thank you. I'm not wishing myself ill luck, i'm just trying to weigh both options considering their advantages and disadvantages.
I 'll suggest you go for the bank job. As a HR personnel, your chances of being fired ain't high at all
Re: I got two Job Offers, which should I choose? I'm Confused..... Advice Please!!!! by Armstrong34(m): 1:22pm On Jan 01, 2016
Naija mentality wen dey hear banks ..... Workin in d bank doesn't mean u fulfilled n achieve all life culd offer.... Look beyond.... Do d impossible.... U can b ur own boss in years to cum....
Re: I got two Job Offers, which should I choose? I'm Confused..... Advice Please!!!! by kentzz(f): 1:23pm On Jan 01, 2016
areyemi:

Lalasticlala...

I will advice u tek d cmpany job, cos d bankin system ain wat it was.
Re: I got two Job Offers, which should I choose? I'm Confused..... Advice Please!!!! by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jan 01, 2016
Go 4 the company abeg; bank work na wash. All that glitters is not gold
Re: I got two Job Offers, which should I choose? I'm Confused..... Advice Please!!!! by cc150615(f): 2:05pm On Jan 01, 2016
areyemi:
It's a business development executive role for the startup
Business development whatever is packaged name for marketers in most coys where renumeration nd promotion would be based on the crazy targets they'll be giving you, besides with a start up firm, a lot of patience is required for you to really start gaining much experience or stuffs for ursef,
But with the bank you're an hr personnel so definitely no ridiculous targets..nd also like others rightly said you'll get good training nd experience working with lotta smart experts..
Having said all...I strongly think u shd take the bank job
Re: I got two Job Offers, which should I choose? I'm Confused..... Advice Please!!!! by mandonnels(m): 2:20pm On Jan 01, 2016
Mannylex:
I would assume the 75k job is Zenith bank, as they pay fresh graduates that amount before conversion....

Banking is very stressful, but would go a long way in boosting your career. Working in the HR department is a very big plus, as it would shape your career professionally. Asides the fact that both salaries are nothing to write home about especially in a state like Lagos, working in a nameless company and earning 55k when you have a fairer option would be a terrible idea... Welcome to the regimented life of banking

Happy new year guys.

it seems u know alot abt Zenith bank and their recruitment process
Re: I got two Job Offers, which should I choose? I'm Confused..... Advice Please!!!! by softwhispers: 3:17pm On Jan 01, 2016
MathsChic:

Can people like you get serious for once and actually offer concrete advice? The young man is sharing true fears about certain hire-fire policies in banks and not wishing himself ill luck. The people who have been hired and fired are no different from him and might as well have discharged their duties as dutifully as they could. Of course, there are people still working there, but does that nullify the truth that some people were also hired and fired?

Aint nothing wrong in his question, and I see no reason why you should think he's willing himself ill luck when he is merely attempting to process a fear.
You are wise, MathChick.
I always tell friends that REALISM - being brutally frank - is not PESSIMISM and blind OPTIMISM is pure FANTASY.
Re: I got two Job Offers, which should I choose? I'm Confused..... Advice Please!!!! by akanbiaa(m): 3:37pm On Jan 01, 2016
CONGRATULATIONS AND FOLLOW YOUR HEART, IF YOU REALLY NEED OUR ADVICE LETS KNOW THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS IN THE APPOINTMENT LETTER.
Re: I got two Job Offers, which should I choose? I'm Confused..... Advice Please!!!! by Gamesmart: 5:04pm On Jan 01, 2016
Mannylex:

Happy new year guys.

How much does Zenith pay fresh graduates after conversion?
Re: I got two Job Offers, which should I choose? I'm Confused..... Advice Please!!!! by peterunla: 7:07pm On Jan 01, 2016
areyemi:

Lalasticlala...

I beg me I dey find work o where dem dey mk I help u choose

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

183 Federal Ministries, Agencies In Massive Illegal Recruitment / Ecowas Commission Recruitment 2012, Any News / Government Job And A Firm: Time To Pick One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.