Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,758 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

"A Theological Approach In Curbing Insurgency And Terrorism in Nigeria" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "A Theological Approach In Curbing Insurgency And Terrorism in Nigeria" (465 Views)

Buratai Receives Special Award In Fight Against Terrorism In South Africa(Photos / Eid-El-Fitr; Air Force Troops Celebrate Salah Amid Fight Against Insurgency.PICS / NAF Deploys Six Fighter Jets To End Boko Haram Insurgency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"A Theological Approach In Curbing Insurgency And Terrorism in Nigeria" by Nobody: 9:47am On Jan 01, 2016
Happy new year to you all Nairalanders.

This is a beautiful paper treatise I proposed that I strongly believe will curb insurgency and terrorism in Nigeria.

Come with me...

Who amongst you remember GST 222,a course titled *peace and conflicting resolution *. One statement stands out and I quote
"If you want peace, prepare for war "this is attributed to the Romans Who are still world power.
George Bernard Shaw onced said" beware of false knowledge, it is more dangerous than ignorance. Even the Holy book says that, my people Perish because of lack of knowledge.
All wise sage onced opined that "when true knowledge is achieved then the will become sincere. When the heart is set right then the personal life is cultivated. When the personal life is cultivated the family life is regulated. When the family life is regulated then the national life is orderly. When the national life is orderly then there is peace in the world.
Look closely at the topic, there are 3 basic key words,

A. Theology - it is coined from 2 Greek words. Theo means God and Logos means Word. I will be using the Holy books to drive home my points. I will quote from the Bible, Quran, Sanskrit, Vedas etc.

B. Insurgency - it simply means to fight, strive, quarrel, to rebel or revolt.

C.Terrorism-it simply means the deliberate act of committing violence. A psychological manipulation through the act of warfare to gain favor politically or religiously. It is also the act of invoking fear.

Nigeria evolved from a political state comprising of 250 ethnic groups with over 500 tribes. The wife of Lord Lugard, Flora Shaw coined the word "Niger River or Area" which later became Nigeria. The Northern and Southern Procterorate was amalgamated in 1914.

Was this the greatest undoing by the colonial masters?? Bringing together a large conservative Northern nation and a more liberal Southern nation together, Was it a bane in the cog wheel of development...

What brought about social upheaval like Boko Haram??. Is the ideology of Marwa Mohammed still living on?? You kill a terrorist but his ideology still leaves on, someday his children will continue from where he stopped.

What led to the exit of the Nigerian taliban that emerged in 2001??.have they gone extinct or is the group absorbed into another group??

What about the Fulani herdsman, where ever they go looking for pasture they end up clashing with their host community who are majorly farmers. We all know what is happening in the North Central states.

What about the militia in the Niger delta area??. Why have they taken up arms against the government??

What you need to know about the abode of peace (Dar salam) and the abode of war (Dar harb) in Islam.

What you need to know about Jesus 's approach to Violence. He stated categorically that God abhor violence.

What you need to know about Ahimsa ( Non violence). We will look closely at the lives of Mohammat ghandi and Martin Luther King Jr approach in curbing violence.

We will also look at Africa belief towards land. Land is inherited via blood and not acquired by force.

And many more..

"Many will die for what they think is right or for what they think is true but no body will die for what they think is false ".
This is the theory of indoctrination.
Its high time we re - indoctrinate them with the truth and the right knowledge..

Stay tuned...
Re: "A Theological Approach In Curbing Insurgency And Terrorism in Nigeria" by Junior66(m): 10:19am On Jan 01, 2016
a long epistle that should be read twice by our muslim brothers. na dem need al pass.

(1) (Reply)

APC: Fayose Benefitted From 2 Billion Dollars Arms Deal Scandal / Press Statement On Onu's Foreign Trip / SHOCKING: 2016 Budget Documents Stolen From National Assembly....nigeria A Joke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.