Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,774 members, 7,851,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:39 AM

Should He Relocate To Canada? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Should He Relocate To Canada? (698 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should He Relocate To Canada? by Dotman01(m): 11:44am On Jun 13, 2009
A man of 41 yrs old working as a contract worker in a gas company and earning about 280000 naira monthly. He's married with 2 kids. He applied for the canadian visa programme 6 yrs ago and now he has been granted a permanent residensy in canada. The question is should he go or stay here in 9ja? I want ppl's opinion on this.
Re: Should He Relocate To Canada? by Omonla(f): 10:49pm On Jun 13, 2009
Dotman01:

A man of 41 yrs old working as a contract worker in a gas company and earning about 280000 naira monthly. He's married with 2 kids. He applied for the canadian visa programme 6 yrs ago and now he has been granted a permanent residensy in canada. The question is should he go or stay here in 9ja?  I want ppl's opinion on this.

It is probably not a good time to relocate. Depending on the profession you are in, the job market in Canada is pretty saturated right now. Plus, if you are not prepared to obtain additional certification like a CMA for accountants, or the Professional Engineering exam for engineers etc (or whatever profession you may belong to), it may take you a while longer to get your foot in the door of a Canadian employer.

Best bet is to take a couple of weeks of vacation from work (maybe more time), land as an immigrant, and go 'scout' the job market in Canada, apply for jobs and see for yourself how the job search process goes, before you move your family.

Some new immigrants are fortunate though, and their work experience allows them to be recognized by a Canadian company and hired. But the ones I know who are that fortunate have American or British qualifications.
Re: Should He Relocate To Canada? by Delta007(m): 3:01pm On Jun 16, 2009

(1) (Reply)

Uk Visa / My Friend Travel To 16 African Country In 4 Hours / World Class Accommodation Facilities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.