Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,001 members, 7,866,792 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 05:04 AM

Is There The Need For Traditional Rulers In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is There The Need For Traditional Rulers In Nigeria (733 Views)

Yoruba Farmers Accuse Traditional Rulers Of Receiving Bribe From Fulani Herdsmen / Lagos State Government Procures 100 Vehicles For Traditional Rulers / Okorocha Sacks Lg Chairmen, Dissolves Traditional Rulers’ Council…says Imo Owes! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is There The Need For Traditional Rulers In Nigeria by skyone(m): 12:50pm On Jun 13, 2009
I've been thinking for so long about the essence of traditional rulers in Nigeria but can't find their use to the society. I mean if you look at the developed Nations today except HRH Elizabeth you find out that the existence of traditional rulers is no where to be found.

Cant Nigeria emulate thesame and stop idolising them as they serve no economic and moral value to Nigeria of today.
Re: Is There The Need For Traditional Rulers In Nigeria by ChinenyeN(m): 2:16pm On Jun 13, 2009
Hold on, let me understand you properly. . Are you saying that we stop having traditional rulers just because most other developed countries don't have them?
Re: Is There The Need For Traditional Rulers In Nigeria by skyone(m): 6:17pm On Jun 13, 2009
No, i mean what is the economic factor and the moral value they are contributing to the society, as a matter of fact they associate with our so called political leaders mainly to disrupt the good running of the govt.

(1) (Reply)

Genocide In The Delta? / Commissioner's Wife And Perm Sec Kidnapped. / S&p Cuts Nigeria's Ratings Deeper Into Junk; Outlook Stable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.