Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,463 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

BBC African Footballer of the Year 2005 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / BBC African Footballer of the Year 2005 (4644 Views)

Enyeama, Musa Shortlisted For African Footballer Of The Year Award / Vote For Vincent Enyeama As BBC African Footballer Of The Year 2014 / Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

BBC African Footballer of the Year 2005 by Greatpeter(m): 9:36pm On Nov 05, 2005
BBC African Footballer of the Year 2005: Vote for Jay-Jay Okocha

Who will win top BBC award?
Jay Jay Okocha won the last two editions.
Who do you think will win this year's edition?

Is it Jay Jay, Samuel Eto'o Fils or Drogba?

Cast your votes.

1 Share

Re: BBC African Footballer of the Year 2005 by Owen(m): 4:33pm On Nov 09, 2005
Okocha deserves it one last time.
Re: BBC African Footballer of the Year 2005 by Akolawole(m): 8:04pm On Nov 10, 2005
Are we putting sentiment or not ?
Of what reason is Forum if we cannot just say the truth, MAY BE I AM JUST 48 HOURS OLD IN THIS FORUM.
Well, Drogba should win it.
Premiership title, Carling cup winner, UEFA champions League Semi-Finalist. What else !
Re: BBC African Footballer of the Year 2005 by effects8000(m): 12:44pm On Nov 11, 2005
DROGBA?! please dont make me laugh! are you going to tell me that drogba is
better than oba or yakubu? Reminder: yakubu has scored more goals than drogba this season
so?......what are you talking about?
Re: BBC African Footballer of the Year 2005 by Seun(m): 4:02pm On Nov 11, 2005
Voting is easy; just fill this form:

(click the image and fil the form on the right of the BBC story)
Re: BBC African Footballer of the Year 2005 by playboy(m): 6:16pm On Nov 11, 2005
Samuel Eto'o is the man.Check out the guy's consistency in front of goal.Even though his country is not going o the world cup,he still deserves the crown afterall is Nigeria going?.Lets keep patriotism or sentiments aside,what has Jay Jay achieved in this present year?,he missed most of Nigeria's world cup qualifying matches and several Bolton's premiership matches either due to injury or outright 'benching' by sam alladyce.Eto'o and even drogba were there and still there for both club and country
Re: BBC African Footballer of the Year 2005 by c0dec(m): 6:19pm On Nov 11, 2005
okocha's doesn't even deserve to be in the top 10. he has been simply awful all year long. heck even obodo did better than him. if you're going to vote for any homeboy, it should be martins.

drogba was lousy as well. it's obvious eto'o should win the award. he was simply spectacular. was the leading goal scorer of la liga till the last day when forlan overtook him.

finally my guy, Akolawole, Carling cup no be cup. no mention that thing again
Re: BBC African Footballer of the Year 2005 by Akolawole(m): 8:05pm On Nov 11, 2005
I am a Nigerian, i will also be proud to be one. the Nigerian in me will always vote for Nigerians be it Okocha, Obafemi or Yakubu but let call a spde a spade.
Which year or Season are we talking about ? Can we please remind the Okocha people that we are looking at 2004/2005 which start August 2004.
C0DEC says : Carling Cup no be cup , If United get that last season, they will be singing Halleluyah. They finish the season trophyless for the first time in a decade.
EFFECT 8000 laughs at Drogba
We need to degfine what makes a good player important ?
ABILITY TO SHOW YOUR CONSISTENCY BOTH IN CLUB & COUNTRY THEN PUBLICITY
1) Okocha is Zero in both AT D MOMENT
2) ETO is SUPERB in EUROPE but he always FORGET his SCORING BOOT in Barcelona anytime Cameroun is playing. HE IS SUCH A RUBBISH PLAYER IN YAOUNDE
3) DROGBA is a newsmaker( remember top referee had to resign because of him), with african record fee from Marsielle, Africa highest goal scorer in the qualifiers with 8 goals, premiership and Carling cup winner, Champions League Semi-finalist. HABA What Else !
Re: BBC African Footballer of the Year 2005 by rihanna(f): 8:51pm On Nov 11, 2005
i vot for Eto he's da bomb
Re: BBC African Footballer of the Year 2005 by FOD(m): 9:12pm On Nov 11, 2005
I just voted for Martins - he deserves it.
Re: BBC African Footballer of the Year 2005 by Seun(m): 9:30pm On Nov 11, 2005
[b]Please [/b]vote for Okocha; he's the only one I know! cry
Re: BBC African Footballer of the Year 2005 by Bibi(m): 9:17am On Nov 12, 2005
who is Jay-Jay Okocha?
Re: BBC African Footballer of the Year 2005 by chum(m): 1:44pm On Nov 12, 2005
[/quote]
Jay Jay Okocha has not been doing well recently, so he dose not deserve it,
if u ask me why? i will say that Okocha is one of the major reasons
why Nigeria didnot qualifer for Germany 2006, we all know that.
[quote]
Re: BBC African Footballer of the Year 2005 by polishmen: 6:15pm On Nov 12, 2005
hallo I'm not good write to english. I'm from poland. I'm myśleć jay jay okocha is the gówniany(good) fotboller.
Re: BBC African Footballer of the Year 2005 by icingbaby(f): 10:31pm On Nov 12, 2005
i vote for him because seun said please. smiley so people please vote for him even if don't know him.
Re: BBC African Footballer of the Year 2005 by Seun(m): 12:36am On Nov 13, 2005
icingbaby: thanks, dear.

I was unaware that one could vote for Obafemi martins and other Nigerians. Oops embarassed
Re: BBC African Footballer of the Year 2005 by otokx(m): 12:14pm On Nov 13, 2005
i will vote for okocha even though i know he does not deserve it.
Re: BBC African Footballer of the Year 2005 by Akolawole(m): 12:45pm On Nov 13, 2005
LET US REACH A COMPROMISE ON THIS
Martins won the best young player in Africa for the last 2 seasons.
Let all of us vote using Seun's link to BBC's form and VOTE FOR MARTINS. If there is one Nigeria that desrve it it is Obagoal. Let give it to him.
We must not forget Ghanians and Ivoriens are voting for their people as well. Let do it. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.
Re: BBC African Footballer of the Year 2005 by Oracle(m): 2:06am On Nov 14, 2005
We cant be in Nigeria and refuse to vote for our own man
and decide to vote for someone else outside NO WAY.
Besides Okocha is better than them in the game he's not a kid in football.

Re: BBC African Footballer of the Year 2005 by Owen(m): 2:23pm On Nov 14, 2005
I know jay jay doesnt deserve it, as a matter of fact I voted for Martins. But maybe he should get it as a good bye gift.
Re: BBC African Footballer of the Year 2005 by Akolawole(m): 1:24am On Nov 15, 2005
Owen, Good that you vote for Matins, WHAT OF OTHER MEMBERS ?
No Partying gift for Okocha. Super Eagles has done too much for him already. Remember he NEVER WON ANYTHING through the clubside. All his laurels is won via Eagles. His achievement in the last nations cup is enough,where he won ALL individual awards: highest goal scorer, best player of the championship and the scorer of 1000th goal. Name it!
Though by not going to the World cup means he missed being the FIRST AFRICA PLAYER TO FEATURE IN 4 CONSECUTIVE WORLD CUPS. He don do anyway.
Let encourage younger players while we thank Jay-Jay for what his contribution for his fatherland.
Re: BBC African Footballer of the Year 2005 by miky(m): 6:27am On Nov 15, 2005
am not voting because he deserves it am voting cause he needs it if okocha should come back to his form he should get encouragement players are humans too. he is one of nigeria's best players and africa's most skillful players so yes he needs it.
Re: BBC African Footballer of the Year 2005 by Akolawole(m): 12:42pm On Nov 15, 2005
WEMUST HAVE A BLOCK VOTE.
Let all members vote for Martins.
Okocha is not only one of the greatest player Africa has ever produced, I rate him as one of the top 3 best black players ever.
He do do. Let Martins have this please.
Re: BBC African Footballer of the Year 2005 by ondogi: 1:30pm On Nov 16, 2005
Drogba - a highly over-rated striker, though that does not mean he's rubbish, he is just not that good.

Okocha - please spare me, you guys should read his last interview. Even the man himself acknowledged his diminishing role in his 2nd rated club.

Obafemi - i need to be convinced. i really think his game has not gotten to that level yet, he should probably leave inter for a club where he could get more games. well give it to him, he is strong and aggressive but lacks the finess of a top striker. He puts too much effort into it but it should come naturally e.g thierry. Mark my word he will probably go the way of Amokachi

ETO - while i hate to say this but truth be told, i think he probably deserves it. Apart from the over rated ivorien, he is currently the best in africa.
Re: BBC African Footballer of the Year 2005 by rihanna(f): 6:32pm On Nov 16, 2005
he scores the goals
he bends the poles
so go to da polls
and vote for Eto

Gooooooooooooooooooooooo E-T-O
E-T-O
E-T-O

j'aime Eto fils. le numero un! le seul il est toujours simple.

Re: BBC African Footballer of the Year 2005 by Akolawole(m): 10:29pm On Nov 16, 2005
I will respond to my fellow members.
Drogba is overated but he's not that bad.
Just Few seconds ago. He scored a blistering Yekini-type goal against Italy. Its now 20 minutes to the end of the match live from Geneva.
Re: BBC African Footballer of the Year 2005 by Owen(m): 1:37pm On Nov 17, 2005
So...big deal!
Re: BBC African Footballer of the Year 2005 by natasha: 7:05pm On Nov 17, 2005
Drogba has bn consistent in goals last season thru this season. This season he has bn too much for the premiership. He scores at least a goal if not 2 or 3 in every premiership match. I can't remember when okocha last scored for Bolton. He's not interested in playing in the premiership or super eagles anymore.
I think the battle will be btw Drogba and eto'i. But i will personally vote for D.Drogba because he deserves the title a 101%.
Re: BBC African Footballer of the Year 2005 by ondogi: 12:16am On Nov 18, 2005
Natasha

If i may ask which Drogba r you talking about? because if its the same didier he was anything but consistent last season even jose acknowledge that. And this season, girl please if not for lampard chelsea would have reverted back to form (1-0 margin)
Re: BBC African Footballer of the Year 2005 by Akolawole(m): 1:17am On Nov 18, 2005
Thank u jare Natasha but i beg the awards is in 2 categories.
The main one is the one that will be determined by African Coaches but presented to the winner in Abuja while the smaller one is the one BBC is anchoring, which is to be determined by BBC Listeners.
Listerners cannot determine the main one( where we have 5 contestants) BUT have a say in the BBC one.
Please see my previous post on the same subject.
Drogba is not that Skilful but he can deliver, he scores for both club and country But Eto is the hottest striker in Europe but hardly score for Cameroon.
Re: BBC African Footballer of the Year 2005 by razor(m): 9:38am On Nov 18, 2005
Let us not be sentimental about it. Okocha does not deserve the award this year. Drogba deserves the award cos he's been outstanding and consistent. If any nigerian player deserves 2005 BBC Afircan Footballer of the Year, then it should be Obafemi Martins.
Re: BBC African Footballer of the Year 2005 by Akolawole(m): 11:08am On Nov 18, 2005
Thank u Razor.
I am expecting more realist members to join me in being realistic.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Daily Rollover Bet!! / Man United Plays Portsmouth In Nigeria (abuja) July / How To Win Big On Bet9ja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.