Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,094 members, 7,863,836 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 07:23 AM

2016 Prophecies: Taking Advantages Of Our Gullibility - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 2016 Prophecies: Taking Advantages Of Our Gullibility (540 Views)

Blind Prophet, Kasali's 2016 Prophecies About Buhari. / TB Joshua Reveals 2016 Prophecies: "Pray For President Buhari" / Apostle Johnson Suleman's 2016 Prophecies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2016 Prophecies: Taking Advantages Of Our Gullibility by djmask(m): 6:38pm On Jan 01, 2016
A popular pastor with wide congregation and branches nationwide made some prophesies about 2016 and his members roared in his awe. I could not help the laugher at first and shake my head at peoples gullibility and lack of brain usage among we Africans. The first point "our pastor" made on his International prophecies was that:

1. "Natural disasters, floods, fires, earthquakes are likely to get progressively worse, until governments realize that these are part of Divine Judgements against those who pass ungodly laws".

Now its no secret that this prophesy is directed at the USA because of their Gay Bill passage. Who doesn't know that places prone to natural disasters will have it irrespective of laws passed. Why was the disasters happening when USA never passed the bill? Won't the disasters affect Christians? What of countries where Christians are being killed? Or is God less concerned with humans safety but more concerned with sexual orientation?
A wise student of the world will know that global warming is affecting the earth and places prone to natural disasters will have it. Pastor please stop telling me nonsense.

2 If a government will repent of disdaining Christ and His Church, He will help them win the fight against terrorism.

This prophesy is directed towards Nigeria and western countries battling ISILs... Its a common knowledge that's the war against Boko Haram and ISIS is gaining momentum and victories are being recorded. We also know that its not only christian nations that are fighting, so what should the Muslim nations do, abi una God no sabi religious tolerance?

3. A major war will be averted this year.

It is evident to the blind and audible to the deaf that the tension between turkey and Russia may escalate but the United Nations will never let it escalate and when such happens, our dearest pastor will say their prophesy holds water. There are steady tension between Israel and the Palestine... But that also cannot happen. The short or the story is that a massive war is being prevented every year. So the prophesy is just borrowed from the book.

4 A new sexually transmitted disease will surface this year.

Scientists recently discovered a new sexually transmitted disease. But the way it works has not been fully unraveled. I must admit that the pastor is well read and listens/pays attention to news and events. He also knows that Nigerians hardly read apart from Gossip and celebrity gist. http://dailypost.ng/2015/12/09/british-scientists-confirms-existence-of-new-sexually-transmitted-disease/

These predictions (as I chose to call it) termed prophesy holds no water because a smart 10 year old could outline such. Please let's enlightened our mind this new year and stop looking like a foolish and gullible followers.

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Prophecies: Taking Advantages Of Our Gullibility by wordcat(m): 12:14pm On Jan 02, 2016
djmask:
He also knows that Nigerians hardly read apart from Gossip and celebrity gist.

(1) (Reply)

What Okogie Told Buhari / I Deserve Wedding Bells / Turning Mistakes To Miracles.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.