Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,805 members, 7,820,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

Humility Is The Easiest Quality To Fake In Life - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Humility Is The Easiest Quality To Fake In Life (888 Views)

What's The Easiest Way To Learn Yoruba? Please! / A Lesson On Humility To Learn From The Story Of Bode Thomas / 12 Things To Remember In Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Humility Is The Easiest Quality To Fake In Life by Brown253(m): 11:14pm On Jan 01, 2016
Humans generally do not like being reminded of things you've achieved, or about your strengths. The more you talk about those, the more you're hated. The people hating you don't even know the reason why they're hating you, and they won't even admit to themselves that they're hating you.
It's common human psychology. People prefer to praise you, than for you to praise yourself, even if it's true. If you're the best at something, and everybody knows this (including you) . . . People are going to acknowledge this and give you credit for it, if you remain silent and pretend like you don't know you're the best at it. Humans generally prefer hearing replies like ''It's God oo'' , ''We thank God for it'', ''Wow . . . I'm surprised. I thought that other guy was going to win. He was so good. I just thank God'', etc. . .
That's why humility is the easiest quality to fake in life. Someone wants to go into school politics, he knows he's gonna need votes, so 'somehow', he just becomes humble. Before long, you'll hear girls saying ''and that guy is humble o''. Then later, they'll say he has 'changed'. He didn't change, he just returned to his normal person! That dislike for people that praise themselves is in every human.
How it materializes just varies atimes. For some, it spurs competition, for others, it triggers hatred, while for a few, it just brings a tingle of envy. I used to know this dude that was a very good football player. He was clearly flexible with the ball and exceptional. But when he dribbles you, be sure that sooner or later, he'll make a remark about it. However, most of the times he boasted, he usually was joking. But it takes a calm, wise and understanding person to notice this. Soon, people started attributing his skills to 'luck'. It got to a point that they simply wanted him to lose the ball, or miss a clear chance, just so that they can satisfy themselves with the thought ''mtcheeew, he's not even that good''. It's natural. In this part of the world, that's why words like ''my oga, boss, sir etc'' are now frequently used to address others. To sound 'humble', or atleast a bit 'meek'. It takes true wisdom to know a real humble person. Sometimes, the most humble people are the people that don't even look it. Humility doesn't just involve appearing humble before older people or atleast your age mates... It also covers how you treat younger ones.
An example on what I've said (using myself) is :
I'm really down to earth (sometimes I hide this fact, 'cuz humans tend to try 'exploiting' your meekness). So, after watching the trend for a while, I decided to try this theory out. I changed purposely, and decided to start heaping praises on myself whenever the opportunity presented itself. When I did something like target a hole perfectly when others have failed, or solve a ridiculously difficult problem... I just laughed and said ''normal naah. That's how we roll. Einstein aint got shit on me''. LOL. Then I noticed that people started changing. Whenever a problem that needed to be solved came up, and I was around, people got uncomfortable. Or whenever I'm to say target something, and I miss, people got really happy, like they were praying for it to happen. Now, nobody said anything, but it was in the air. So I dropped the act and returned to my normal self. Objective achieved.
This character is in most humans. Taming it is hard, but it is really beautiful when you can, and be actually happy for people when they do great stuff, whether they talk about it or not.
That was why when Wizkid gave 1million to his fans, some people still said ''Mtcchhheeww. N1 million? Mehn.. That's the best he can do? All these guys are stingy tho'' etc. Would you have any reason to even talk if he didn't give anything at all?.
I'm happy 'cuz I know not everyone will read till the end. Lol.
Re: Humility Is The Easiest Quality To Fake In Life by 2prexios: 11:28pm On Jan 01, 2016
I did, you are blessed.
Re: Humility Is The Easiest Quality To Fake In Life by ambassadorgozie(m): 11:41pm On Jan 01, 2016
Summary pls
Re: Humility Is The Easiest Quality To Fake In Life by amayodimeji: 12:09am On Jan 02, 2016
To a german or russian, humility is deceit,but ama Nigerian and my faith + ethnicity preaches humility and it awesome so id say it worth it....and real, not just in d mind of God, I cn behold it...
Re: Humility Is The Easiest Quality To Fake In Life by blessedqueen(f): 12:15am On Jan 02, 2016
amayodimeji:
To a german or russian, humility is deceit,but ama Nigerian and my faith + ethnicity preaches humility and it awesome so id say it worth it....and real, not just in d mind of God, I cn behold it...

If am not mistaken pls hope it's not d same as eye-service?
Re: Humility Is The Easiest Quality To Fake In Life by adebisiema(m): 10:23am On Jan 02, 2016
bro i reason with you on this, like me am so humble to the extent am exploited for it.
Am happy for being a natural, it a thing of the mind tho.
Re: Humility Is The Easiest Quality To Fake In Life by Brown253(m): 10:12pm On Jan 02, 2016
2prexios:
I did, you are blessed.

amen and u too.

1 Like

Re: Humility Is The Easiest Quality To Fake In Life by Brown253(m): 10:15pm On Jan 02, 2016
adebisiema:
bro i reason with you on this, like me am so humble to the extent am exploited for it.
Am happy for being a natural, it a thing of the mind tho.

most times being natural, or shud i say original will unconciously let out traits that others wud see and say u are not humble.
Re: Humility Is The Easiest Quality To Fake In Life by Brown253(m): 10:18pm On Jan 02, 2016
amayodimeji:

thats eye service my brother
Re: Humility Is The Easiest Quality To Fake In Life by adebisiema(m): 11:38pm On Jan 02, 2016
Brown253:

most times being natural, or shud i say original will unconciously let out traits that others wud see and say u are not humble.

I don't know maybe to say you are wrong but am always being seen as a /Mumu/, but consoles myself for they do not know am learning about life experiences and for better uplifting of my soul.
Re: Humility Is The Easiest Quality To Fake In Life by tpiar: 12:42am On Jan 03, 2016
Hm

(1) (Reply)

Why Is It That HAUSA And FULANI Are Usually Tagged Together I.e HAUSA/FULANI? / RE: Wigs, The Beauty, The Fashion / Aare Ona Kakanfo, Gani Adams Praying In A Mosque (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.