Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,017 members, 7,828,579 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

Okada-Riding Ladies? I Think They'll Surely Thrive! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Okada-Riding Ladies? I Think They'll Surely Thrive! (1157 Views)

My Marriage Is Crashing, I Think I Hate Him...Help / Baby Falls Off Mum’s Back On Okada, Crushed By Truck / Profound Statements That Will Surely Change The Way You Think (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okada-Riding Ladies? I Think They'll Surely Thrive! by Grizzly(m): 4:10pm On Jun 13, 2009
Why dont we have ladies in the Okada riding business? I mean that would be an almost surely profitable business for them. You wont lack customers, Trust Me. Especially the male folks.
An article i read about popular female bike riders who are hot cakes in the biz. Their passengers (Mostly male: you should know) while interviewed said they didnt really have a clear-cut destination, they just wanted female company (Imagine)
Me for one no go mind jump on the okada of one chikala. Take me around lady, i'm new here. :p 
BUT: you go need fine oh, odawise my hand no dey.
Re: Okada-Riding Ladies? I Think They'll Surely Thrive! by Sissy3(f): 9:31pm On Jun 13, 2009
maybe you could start the business by introducing your gf to it by buying her a machine tongue
Re: Okada-Riding Ladies? I Think They'll Surely Thrive! by Grizzly(m): 11:18pm On Jun 13, 2009
tongue just a suggestion. In this recession you never know.
Re: Okada-Riding Ladies? I Think They'll Surely Thrive! by Sissy3(f): 11:38pm On Jun 13, 2009
i know it's just a suggestion n that's exactly wot am doing --- suggesting also. u never know, maybe if u introduce her to the biz many others may fellow tongue
Re: Okada-Riding Ladies? I Think They'll Surely Thrive! by tpiah: 4:37am On Jun 14, 2009
An article i read about popular female bike riders who are hot cakes in the biz. Their passengers (Mostly male: you should know) while interviewed said they didnt really have a clear-cut destination, they just wanted female company

make una appreciate and recognise wink
Re: Okada-Riding Ladies? I Think They'll Surely Thrive! by oyinda3(f): 4:40am On Jun 14, 2009
Nigeria is too conservative. I personally have never seen one and didn't know they existed till today.
Re: Okada-Riding Ladies? I Think They'll Surely Thrive! by ifyalways(f): 8:16am On Jun 14, 2009
@Poster,u fit let ur sisters and GF be okadawomen?the health hazards is not what any woman wud want to try,no matter how poor she is undecided
Re: Okada-Riding Ladies? I Think They'll Surely Thrive! by biola44: 11:57am On Jun 16, 2009
interesting, cool
Re: Okada-Riding Ladies? I Think They'll Surely Thrive! by Fhemmmy: 12:40pm On Jun 16, 2009
Yes, the ladies will surely thrive, cos of men like you.
Such biz/job, i think is too dangerous for a woman and the sexual assault will be so crazy.
However, i am sure many men will rather go on okada cos of the woman riding it, but that is nonsense and punishing themselves sha.
Re: Okada-Riding Ladies? I Think They'll Surely Thrive! by iice(f): 11:17am On Jun 20, 2009
Mi likey. . .when i retire, i might just do that tongue
Re: Okada-Riding Ladies? I Think They'll Surely Thrive! by Ejadamen(f): 8:25pm On Jun 20, 2009
oyinda.:

Nigeria is too conservative. I personally have never seen one and didn't know they existed till today.
They exist o! Yes in Nigeria. Take a road trip to the east. Once you cross the bridge into Onitsha,pass the town and move on toward Okija/Ihiala you'll see them. Women riding okadas. My eyes almost popped out the first time I saw it shocked shocked. I've seen them in Imo state and Aba but never carrying passengers commercially. I think it's more common among the villagers as a mode of transport compared to bicycles. But the one i saw in aba was not a villager rather a woman on her way home from church shocked grin shocked Wonders shall never end. So since women are doing it in the east already it just might develop into business. wink grin
Re: Okada-Riding Ladies? I Think They'll Surely Thrive! by ifyalways(f): 8:36pm On Jun 20, 2009
Ejadamen:

They exist o! Yes in Nigeria. Take a road trip to the east. Once you cross the bridge into Onitsha,pass the town and move on toward Okija/Ihiala you'll see them. Women riding okadas. My eyes almost popped out the first time I saw it shocked shocked. I've seen them in Imo state and Aba but never carrying passengers commercially. I think it's more common among the villagers as a mode of transport compared to bicycles. But the one i saw in aba was not a villager rather a woman on her way home from church shocked grin shocked Wonders shall never end. So since women are doing it in the east already it just might develop into business. wink grin
Are those women commercial bikers or for personal use.
Okija and Nnewi women love riding bikes esp ladies bike BUT not for commercial purposes.
I think the Poster is talking abt commercial women bikers.
Re: Okada-Riding Ladies? I Think They'll Surely Thrive! by Ejadamen(f): 10:55am On Jun 21, 2009
ifyalways:

Are those women commercial bikers or for personal use.
Okija and Nnewi women love riding bikes esp ladies bike BUT not for commercial purposes.
I think the Poster is talking abt commercial women bikers.
Yes I know,i was merely trying to point out to Oyinda that some women are riding okada in Nigeria. I also mentioned I haven't seen a female okada rider carrying anyone commercially.
Re: Okada-Riding Ladies? I Think They'll Surely Thrive! by mamagee3(f): 6:20pm On Jun 22, 2009
Please introduce this business to us
Re: Okada-Riding Ladies? I Think They'll Surely Thrive! by oyinda3(f): 6:05pm On Jun 23, 2009
Ejadamen:

wow. I never saw any but that's good to know that they do exist. yea it'll be cool too if they go commercial. lol
Re: Okada-Riding Ladies? I Think They'll Surely Thrive! by muyoto: 6:40pm On Jun 23, 2009
What exactly is wrong witha female riding an Okada? Is it not a job? why these females they make noise here?
Re: Okada-Riding Ladies? I Think They'll Surely Thrive! by Ejadamen(f): 8:40pm On Jun 23, 2009
muyoto:

What exactly is wrong witha female riding an Okada? Is it not a job? why these females they make noise here?
No one said something is wrong with it or are u one? tongue
Re: Okada-Riding Ladies? I Think They'll Surely Thrive! by JustGood(m): 1:17pm On Jun 30, 2009
abeg make una tell me when dem start business so I go fit abandon car dey ride Okada grin
Re: Okada-Riding Ladies? I Think They'll Surely Thrive! by spikedcylinder: 2:02pm On Jun 30, 2009
Just proves more that sex sells.
Re: Okada-Riding Ladies? I Think They'll Surely Thrive! by Nobody: 9:52am On Jul 01, 2009
Poster.

You're right.

(1) (Reply)

Equality Between Men And Women / Just A Thought! / Couple Adopts Four ‘high-risk’ Siblings From Abusive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.