Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,323 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

See Photos Of The Newly Unveiled Statue Of Jesus In Nigeria - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / See Photos Of The Newly Unveiled Statue Of Jesus In Nigeria (2337 Views)

Masquerade Uses Statue Of Jesus Christ For His Performance. See Reactions / "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) / Obinna Onuoha Builds Statue Of Jesus, "Biggest" In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Photos Of The Newly Unveiled Statue Of Jesus In Nigeria by StanleyEkene: 3:06am On Jan 02, 2016
It is really a beauty to behold guys!

Standing barefoot with arms outstretched, the “Jesus de Greatest” statue weighs in at 40 tonnes. A local business man named Obinna Onuoha hired a Chinese company to carve the amazing statue...

http://www.chichinwaafrica.com/see-photos-of-africas-tallest-statue-of-jesus-unveiled-in-nigeria/

1 Like

Re: See Photos Of The Newly Unveiled Statue Of Jesus In Nigeria by FisifunKododada: 3:29am On Jan 02, 2016
cool This Jesus looks like a homo.
Re: See Photos Of The Newly Unveiled Statue Of Jesus In Nigeria by Demmocrats(m): 3:48am On Jan 02, 2016
Re: See Photos Of The Newly Unveiled Statue Of Jesus In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:00am On Jan 02, 2016
"Thou. Shall not make thee any griven image, or any likeness of any Kind, for I ur Lord is a jealous God"

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See Photos Of The Newly Unveiled Statue Of Jesus In Nigeria by mankan2k7(m): 4:01am On Jan 02, 2016
This is not my Jesus

2 Likes

Re: See Photos Of The Newly Unveiled Statue Of Jesus In Nigeria by Nossa(m): 4:42am On Jan 02, 2016
FisifunKododada:

like your powerless mohammed I guess

2 Likes

Re: See Photos Of The Newly Unveiled Statue Of Jesus In Nigeria by Nossa(m): 4:44am On Jan 02, 2016
Raymondenyi:
"Thou. Shall not make thee any griven image, or any likeness of any Kind, for I ur Lord is a jealous God"

it's not an image for worship, it's just a statue and sign that the region is of the Lord

2 Likes

Re: See Photos Of The Newly Unveiled Statue Of Jesus In Nigeria by FisifunKododada: 4:48am On Jan 02, 2016
Nossa:

like your powerless mohammed I guess

cool Face front dude - I am an atheist. This Jesus looks homo, though. I will call him the homo-Jesus
Re: See Photos Of The Newly Unveiled Statue Of Jesus In Nigeria by Karlovich: 4:53am On Jan 02, 2016
Religion has really driven some people nuts. Whats the essence of the statue

1 Like

Re: See Photos Of The Newly Unveiled Statue Of Jesus In Nigeria by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:04am On Jan 02, 2016
Çhristians violating the ten commandment since 1880
Re: See Photos Of The Newly Unveiled Statue Of Jesus In Nigeria by Redoil: 5:07am On Jan 02, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Çhristians violating the ten commandment since 1880
ur date is wrong it is 1880bc
Re: See Photos Of The Newly Unveiled Statue Of Jesus In Nigeria by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:08am On Jan 02, 2016
Redoil:
Hahaaha tongue
Re: See Photos Of The Newly Unveiled Statue Of Jesus In Nigeria by Artless360(m): 6:35am On Jan 02, 2016
Sokaay
Re: See Photos Of The Newly Unveiled Statue Of Jesus In Nigeria by yungryce: 6:39am On Jan 02, 2016
idolatry
Re: See Photos Of The Newly Unveiled Statue Of Jesus In Nigeria by olajide8(m): 6:45am On Jan 02, 2016
Raymondenyi:

And he just broke all th laws! With his money!
Re: See Photos Of The Newly Unveiled Statue Of Jesus In Nigeria by Pavore9: 6:49am On Jan 02, 2016
Why a Chinese firm. so no Nigerian sculptor can do this?
Re: See Photos Of The Newly Unveiled Statue Of Jesus In Nigeria by Saurab: 6:54am On Jan 02, 2016
Nigerians and stupidity sha. How do they even know how Jesus looks like?
Re: See Photos Of The Newly Unveiled Statue Of Jesus In Nigeria by Mizwisdom(f): 6:58am On Jan 02, 2016
Nice! It reminds me of the on in Brazil
Re: See Photos Of The Newly Unveiled Statue Of Jesus In Nigeria by Lilprincey(m): 7:05am On Jan 02, 2016
Jesus saves...
Re: See Photos Of The Newly Unveiled Statue Of Jesus In Nigeria by BlackMariner(m): 7:11am On Jan 02, 2016
FisifunKododada:

Your quip is rather unnecessary.
Re: See Photos Of The Newly Unveiled Statue Of Jesus In Nigeria by BlackMariner(m): 7:11am On Jan 02, 2016
Mizwisdom:
Nice! It reminds me of the on in Brazil

That should be Christ the Reedemer in Rio.
Re: See Photos Of The Newly Unveiled Statue Of Jesus In Nigeria by Mizwisdom(f): 7:14am On Jan 02, 2016
BlackMariner:

That should be Christ the Reedemer o.

Yes, thanks

1 Like

Re: See Photos Of The Newly Unveiled Statue Of Jesus In Nigeria by boladez(m): 7:23am On Jan 02, 2016
Hmm ..I feel its ok for any man to hold any religious beliefs he or she chooses to hold but like the story of the good Samaritan; most religious folks always forget they are the salt of the earth and they are so spiritual that they for get about the needs and sensibilities of their neighbours..

The money sunk into that project will have brought smiles to the faces of hundreds if not thousands around him by providing basic needs of life. Some food some education some clothing , some health etc etc.

The essence of western religion today is only to edify self and not others..a big shame leaders in the religious homes flaunt a great deal of wealth and the members are wallowing in lack and poverty...yet tithe must not miss....I blame bling followers

To the people in his locality it will not move them closer to God neither will it improve tourism potentials with the state of infrastructure and security.....

My people I hail una o!!!

1 Like

Re: See Photos Of The Newly Unveiled Statue Of Jesus In Nigeria by ednut1(m): 7:27am On Jan 02, 2016
Just turned his village into a tourism hub and villagers wud make money from this. Na some pple use money buy luxury cars and jets wey no benefit anybody
Re: See Photos Of The Newly Unveiled Statue Of Jesus In Nigeria by chrisblack: 7:28am On Jan 02, 2016
Redoil:
you are also wrong since 18 kokoro
Re: See Photos Of The Newly Unveiled Statue Of Jesus In Nigeria by menesheh(m): 7:56am On Jan 02, 2016
Nossa:

it's not an image for worship, it's just a statue and sign that the region is of the Lord

What are you even trying to justify. Is the status not an image which the bible frowned against. Money meant for the public wellbeing is being used to raise a status for unsubstantiated divine nonsense.

Use this fund and train some poor smart brains in Imo state, then wait and see the effect in few years ahead.
Re: See Photos Of The Newly Unveiled Statue Of Jesus In Nigeria by Nossa(m): 8:03am On Jan 02, 2016
menesheh:

What are you even trying to justify. Is the status not an image which the bible frowned against. Money meant for the public wellbeing is being used to raise a status for unsubstantiated divine nonsense.

Use this fund and train some poor smart brains in Imo state, then wait and see the effect in few years ahead.

don't tell me you didn't read where it's written the young man is a business man, it's his money mehn!! you don't tell him how to spend it. I want to believe you have about 50k in your account, you can as well pay someone's school fees from it. GTFOH
Re: See Photos Of The Newly Unveiled Statue Of Jesus In Nigeria by TunjiMsp: 8:58am On Jan 02, 2016
Nossa:

So without an idol, you don't know ur Jesus abi
Re: See Photos Of The Newly Unveiled Statue Of Jesus In Nigeria by virud: 9:37am On Jan 02, 2016
Nossa:

Thou shall not make ANY....Very simple instruction..u deh here deh teach us philosophy...by their fruits we shall know them, not by their statue...Haha!
Re: See Photos Of The Newly Unveiled Statue Of Jesus In Nigeria by Nossa(m): 10:42am On Jan 02, 2016
virud:

Thou shall not make ANY....Very simple instruction..u deh here deh teach us philosophy...by their fruits we shall know them, not by their statue...Haha!

respect sir, at least for making your point without having to abuse me
Re: See Photos Of The Newly Unveiled Statue Of Jesus In Nigeria by virud: 10:46am On Jan 02, 2016
Nossa:

respect sir, at least for making your point without having to abuse me
Respect oga boss...don't mind those cyber bullies..Ain't joining them!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

C.C.T Deliverance Ministry. Renunciation, Deliverance & Other program's Days / See What This Deeper Life Bride Wore That Sparked An Argument / I Need Your Advice, Please.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.