Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,290 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Drama As Olamide And Don Jazzy Fight Eachother At Headies Awards - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Drama As Olamide And Don Jazzy Fight Eachother At Headies Awards (1291 Views)

Davido Signs Zlatan Ibile, As Olamide Reacts (Photo) / Dangote Settles Olamide & Donjazzy Beef, As Olamide Prostrates Before Don- Laila / Shirt Already Printed For The Olamide-Don Jazzy Fight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Drama As Olamide And Don Jazzy Fight Eachother At Headies Awards by cute9ja: 4:04am On Jan 02, 2016
It was a very dramatic award ceremony at the 2015 Headies held in the early hours of today, 2nd of January 2016 as two of the biggest names in the Nigerian music industry Don Jazzy and Olamide openly threw harsh words at each other over the outcome of the much converted “Next Rated Award”.

The Next Rated Award which is arguably the biggest award of the night comes with a lot of recognition (and the bonus of a brand Hyundai Car).

The favorite for the award Lil Kesh (Signed under Olamide's YBNL record) surprisingly failed to win the award as it went to Mavin artist Reekado Banks.

Apparently this angered Olamide so he stormed unto the stage when Adekunle Gold (Another YBNL artiste) received his award for Best Contemporary artiste alongside the whole YBNL crew,

Olamide snatched the microphone from Adekunle Gold and angrily blasted Headies saying the award should have gone to Lil Kesh as he had back to back hit songs all year round. Olamide stated “Iyalaya anybody” and flipped off the whole hall before dumping the microphone on the stage and storming off the venue with his crew.

Just when we thought things had ended, Don Jazzy was given a Special Recognition award and in his speech he stated that he has never liked awards and the only reason he came for the show was to support his “children”. He also stated that he had told Reekado Banks and Korede Bello (who were both nominated for Next Rated) that he’d buy cars for them.

Don Jazzy ended the night with a bombshell saying “Olamide, if you want the car come and collect it”. He and the Mavin artists also angrily left the venue.

Olamide was not even present to receive his 'Artiste of the year' award.

2016 is surely going to be very intresting. The beef is on OLAMIDE vs DON JAZZY

http://www.nigerianeye.com/2016/01/drama-as-olamide-and-don-jazzy-fight.html

Re: Drama As Olamide And Don Jazzy Fight Eachother At Headies Awards by FADEO: 4:21am On Jan 02, 2016
Men! 2016 will be interesting. The beef tracks will hit well..... I just Love the both of them... #DONBADOO
Re: Drama As Olamide And Don Jazzy Fight Eachother At Headies Awards by em3r4ld(m): 4:58am On Jan 02, 2016
For me, d 2 parties were at fault. Olamide was wrong for using the F word on stage and acted as if the whole award should revolve around YBNL. He should also know that Don Baba has a lot of followers on the social platform + his 'stomach infrastructure' dah draws a lot of fans to him. Let's not forget dat the last award Badoo won last year, it wasn't deserving as it was a back to back award for a particular album and nobody cried wolf. Going on to Twitter to rant, mehn! Daz d height of it! (coupled with his typos - I guess he was still high on wah he was taking). As for #IDJA, he needn't calling out Badoo to have the car. It was as if he was battling with guilty conscience or does he have a hand in d 'selection' process? Is quite unfortunate dah being famous makes u vulnerable for scrutiny, just like I just did.....I hate judging ppl tho...#my2cents

(1) (Reply)

Social Media Boils From Last Night Headies Award.(photos) / Birthday S E X, See The Photos Two Young University Couple Shared Online / A Boy Fights His Teacher In Class After Fighting A Class Mate (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.