Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,806 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

The Do's And Don't S Of Fasting!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Do's And Don't S Of Fasting!!! (1402 Views)

The Price Remains Death.be Faithful And Don't Rob GOD. / What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? / Winners' Chapel Kick Off Their Annual 21 Days Of Fasting And Prayer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Do's And Don't S Of Fasting!!! by nannyo(f): 7:24am On Jan 02, 2016
Welcome to 2016 a year where we will move from Glory To Glory. Its a normal routine for Christian folks to start fasting at the beginning of every new year, so i decided to open this trend to enable us know what is expected of us as believers during fasting period. 1. During fasting one is expected to not only skip food but also pray during the period, or it turns to hunger strike. 2. you are expected to be in a prayermood. These are the sure two I know about, but there are other arguments of staying completely away from sex and staying parchially away. well over to you guys let's hear your constructive contributions. God bless Nairalanders.
Re: The Do's And Don't S Of Fasting!!! by kelvyn7: 7:30am On Jan 02, 2016
nice write-up but it's better u structure it for better readability smiley
Re: The Do's And Don't S Of Fasting!!! by psucc(m): 7:40am On Jan 02, 2016
For clarity, the issue of sex during fasting was strictly referred to marriage.

2. The abstinence must be mutually agreed.

3. Fasting was not meant to be used as a publicity stunt I.e. marking it as a festival.

4. It must be done with total reverence to God.

5. Fasting is not a time to command fire and brimstone upon your enemies.

6. May God help all that diligently seek His face and also have mercy upon all of us in Jesus Name Amen.

1 Like

Re: The Do's And Don't S Of Fasting!!! by captain247: 8:21am On Jan 02, 2016
When you fast, do not be like the hypocrites, with a sad countenance. For they disfigure their faces that they may appear to men to be fasting. Assuredly I say to you they have their reward.
But you, when you fast anoint your head and wash your face, so that you do not appear to men to be fasting, but to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly. Matt 6:16-18

1 Like

Re: The Do's And Don't S Of Fasting!!! by nannyo(f): 5:53pm On Jan 02, 2016
kelvyn7:
nice write-up but it's better u structure it for better readability smiley
Hmmmm, instead of commenting, u choose to be a critic. Oya teach me a the readability style.
Re: The Do's And Don't S Of Fasting!!! by nannyo(f): 5:55pm On Jan 02, 2016
psucc:
For clarity, the issue of sex during fasting was strictly referred to marriage.

3. Fasting was not meant to be used as a publicity stunt I.e. marking it as a festival.

6. May God help all that diligently seek His face and also have mercy upon all of us in Jesus Name Amen.
thanks a million for your contributions. you seem to be very knowledgeable about the topic. God bless u
Re: The Do's And Don't S Of Fasting!!! by kelvyn7: 7:01pm On Jan 02, 2016
nannyo:
Hmmmm, instead of commenting, u choose to be a critic. Oya teach me a the readability style.

ahhh ahhhh
I appreciated ur write up before I said u could structure it for easier reading... and u are offended

I didn't mean to offend u. no body knows all. we learn every day.
see how the poster after you structured his own. with number 1, 2 on new lines. but u packed everything together:

6. May God help all that diligently seek His face and also have mercy upon all of us in Jesus Name Amen
Re: The Do's And Don't S Of Fasting!!! by nannyo(f): 7:59pm On Jan 02, 2016
kelvyn7:

ahhh ahhhh
I appreciated ur write up before I said u could structure it for easier reading... and u are offended

I didn't mean to offend u. no body knows all. we learn every day.
see how the poster after you structured his own. with number 1, 2 on new lines. but u packed everything together:

6. May God help all that diligently seek His face and also have mercy upon all of us in Jesus Name Amen
I was not offended. anyway thanks
Re: The Do's And Don't S Of Fasting!!! by nannyo(f): 5:14pm On Jan 10, 2016
For all Winners Family, 21 days fasting start tomorrow 11th -31st January. fasting facilitates the fulfillment of prophecy

Re: The Do's And Don't S Of Fasting!!! by psucc(m): 6:37pm On Jan 11, 2016
nannyo:
For all Winners Family, 21 days fasting start tomorrow 11th -31st January. fasting facilitates the fulfillment of prophecy
It wasn't meant to fulfill any prophecy. We are only saved by grace not by works less any man should boast. Whether or not you fast, God's words and promises must be fulfilled.

It was meant to seek God's face and mercy.
Re: The Do's And Don't S Of Fasting!!! by nannyo(f): 9:24pm On Jan 12, 2016
psucc:
It wasn't meant to fulfill any prophecy. We are only saved by grace not by works less any man should boast. Whether or not you fast, God's words and promises must be fulfilled.

It was meant to seek God's face and mercy.
I didn't say it is meant to fulfill prophecy, I said it facilitates the fulfillment of prophecy

(1) (Reply)

See What Controversial Pastor & His Members Were Seen Doing During Service.PICS / Christian Prayer Partners Whatsapp Group / Favour Will Locate You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.