Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,389 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

Have You Heard Of Google Project Ara - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Have You Heard Of Google Project Ara (654 Views)

7 Awesome Mobile Apps By Google You Probably Never Heard Of / Project Ara Cancelled! / Google's Exciting Modular Smartphone Project, Ara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Have You Heard Of Google Project Ara by zzzzy: 8:43am On Jan 02, 2016
The news of Google's project ara has been around since last year but i just felt like writing about it since you might not have heard about it.
Google's project ara involves the development of a modular smartphone. If you know fairphone 2, you'd know what i mean and if you don't, it is a phone in which every component can be independently upgraded and changed i.e the camera, speakers and so on.
Google's project ara is to be launched this year and this phone allows you to customize your phone the way you want. It comes basically with a frame with a motherboard in which you can add the components (bloks) to it. You select the screen you want, the battery, the camera, the speakers, you could put a fingerprint scanner if you want, a heart rate sensor and many other components you want. So if you want full hd, you can buy it, if you want a large screen, you can change it and so on. You can give your phone most of the specs you want and not restricted. This sounds like hardware rooting to me. So all of you that like complaining about phones not meeting your standard can simply buy the frame and put whatever you want. So put that 400mp camera you want, that 200000mah battery, that 16k resolution screen and whatever. At least you wouldn't blame the manufacturer for price.
Lest i forget, in terms of repairability, this phone will definitely be given a 10/10 by ifixit. Because any part that is spoilt will be replaced easily. So no need to carry it to Carlcare.
Definitely, project ara will be a success and a breakthrough
You may want to watch this demo video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FBv6A01IUU

(1) (Reply)

You And Your Phone / Marshmallow / Need Help From Xiaomi Users

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.