Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,969 members, 7,817,842 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

Donjazzy, Olamide And The Headies Saga-charles Novia Weighs In - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Donjazzy, Olamide And The Headies Saga-charles Novia Weighs In (49759 Views)

FUNNY MEME'S On The Don Jazzy , Olamide , Headies Saga / Burna Boy Reacts To Olamide & Donjazzy Headies Saga / DonJazzy, Olamide & Iyanya Dressed As Ladies With Boobs (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Donjazzy, Olamide And The Headies Saga-charles Novia Weighs In by fippycbk(m): 6:39pm On Jan 02, 2016
Hyundai's next line will be "If you want the car, you can come and have it" grin
Re: Donjazzy, Olamide And The Headies Saga-charles Novia Weighs In by zikmarty: 7:12pm On Jan 02, 2016
I just cannot help but admire novia's writing prowess . spot on and yum yum
Re: Donjazzy, Olamide And The Headies Saga-charles Novia Weighs In by Phobia1: 7:24pm On Jan 02, 2016
Ahahahagajaha "hyundai skelemba".
Re: Donjazzy, Olamide And The Headies Saga-charles Novia Weighs In by Godsgud(f): 7:50pm On Jan 02, 2016
grammar full ds writeup...
Re: Donjazzy, Olamide And The Headies Saga-charles Novia Weighs In by OBAGADAFFI: 7:56pm On Jan 02, 2016
justmenoni:
U don't need to be stupid, crazy or senseless to mk ur point... Why are u indirectly saying those who made such analysis don't hv any sense... U ain't Kesh or any of them to fully conclude that d car ain't part of the brawl

The issue here is not the car but the awards.

If you win a Grammy award without any gitf attached to it you will be very popular.

2 Likes

Re: Donjazzy, Olamide And The Headies Saga-charles Novia Weighs In by amiskurie(m): 8:23pm On Jan 02, 2016
Airforce1:
Lol
People do not knw trouble started when Olic overshadowed the Marvin concert... smiley

1 Like

Re: Donjazzy, Olamide And The Headies Saga-charles Novia Weighs In by safarigirl(f): 8:33pm On Jan 02, 2016
justmenoni:
U don't need to be stupid, crazy or senseless to mk ur point... Why are u indirectly saying those who made such analysis don't hv any sense... U ain't Kesh or any of them to fully conclude that d car ain't part of the brawl
I repeat, anyone, including YOU, who thinks this is about the car, is senseless.

The sooner half-brained Nigerians stop thinking everyone is as impoverished as them, seeking material things over good recognition and acknowledgment, the better for this nation. I'm sure people like you also said Burna wanted the car.

As you feel like exercising your right to stupidity, take the floor.

Goodnight

*drops mic*

3 Likes

Re: Donjazzy, Olamide And The Headies Saga-charles Novia Weighs In by safarigirl(f): 8:35pm On Jan 02, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

The issue here is not the car but the awards.

If you win a Grammy award without any gitf attached to it you will be very popular.
leave the mumu. All these hungry people shouting car up and down as if the car is made of gold.

The car is useless, the recognition is priceless

1 Like

Re: Donjazzy, Olamide And The Headies Saga-charles Novia Weighs In by Favolly(f): 8:40pm On Jan 02, 2016
Finally, a Charles Novia ‘weigh in’ that makes sense.

There’ s nothing I disagree with here. It even helps folks that didn't follow the matter from the beginning to understand what happened, without resort to aggressive or derogatory language.

Anyway, I hope Etcetera is taking notes sha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donjazzy, Olamide And The Headies Saga-charles Novia Weighs In by Abayomi94(m): 8:43pm On Jan 02, 2016
sugarbelly:
Interesting article on the Donjazzy Olamide saga titled :DON JAZZY, OLAMIDE AND THE ‘HYUNDAI SKELEMBA’-TAKING IT TO A BANK as written by Charles Novia

The Headies 2015 ( which ironically held on the first day of 2016) was an anti-climax after that.
And perhaps the public tantrums of both Don Jazzy and Olamide were the highlights of what was before then an above average telecast with glaring lapses which could have been remedied with more precision.
When the artistes nominated in the ‘Next Rated..’ category were shown in a mini-documentary somewhere in the show, taking photo-ops in the Hyundai SUV and pleading for votes from their fans so as to win the prize, I told myself after seeing the earnest expectations on their faces that this category would surely be competitive but would have some bad blood drawn thereafter.
The visuals of the four nominated acts seated side-by-side in the hall thereafter, being interviewed by the Hip TV Presenter just before the category was announced also showed an unease amongst them even if they were trying to put up aloof facades.
Korede Bello, Kiss Daniel, L’il Kesh and Reekado Banks. Four nominees in perhaps the ‘closest-to-call’ category in The Headies ever. Looking at the list, they each had hits in 2015. But in my personal opinion ( which I’m entitled to, innit?) I would have pruned the list at the final stage to just two; Korede Bello and Kiss Daniel.
‘Godwin’ was probably the biggest song of 2015, transcending both the secular and gospel charts and finding resonance all across Africa. How could such a song not get the artiste a winner in that category? On the other hand, ‘Woju’ by Kiss Daniel was another monster hit in 2015 which certainly would have won him that prize without raising eyebrows.
With due respect to Reekado Banks, I don’t think his ‘ Katapot’ track was that much of a phenomenal hit in 2015 but it was a good track. And L’il Kesh too, who was touted by Olamide as having back to back hits in 2015 ( by his reckoning) stood a chance as well but I would say a misfit of personal branding by the YBNL team for Kesh might have added to his loss in that category. Club and dance hits are different from acclaimed general hits when it comes to the brass tacks and ‘Gbese Re’ was huge on the club and dance circuits but can’t be termed a huge hit compared to Korede’s and Kiss’
Thus, when Reekado won, I was one of the surprised folks watching on television. Obviously this didn’t go down well with Olamide, on whose label Kesh is signed on to and he went on a profane and perhaps alcohol-induced rant onstage a few minutes later, calling out the organisers and storming off the stage thereafter.
Don Jazzy, the acclaimed Producer, who is the Head Huncho at Mavin Records which has Reekado as one of its acts, picked up the gauntlet a few minutes after while receiving his Lifetime Achievement Award and called out Olamide. He asked Olamide to come take the car won by Reekado and stormed out of the awards with his crew.
Olamide later went on twitter to rant more expletives on Don Jazzy.

Both artistes were wrong on many fronts. For Olamide, his open inebriation on stage calls for much questioning of his public conduct when he’s not in performance mode. As he boasts in his songs, he might have packed halls and swayed trends in the past year but trying a Kanye West onstage at The Headies was ill-advised. One should ask this question ( which I will also throw at Don Jazzy later as well) that if L’il Kesh had back to back hits as Olamide claimed, why didn’t YBNL deem it fit to buy him a car ( if he hasn’t any) all these months?
And Don Jazzy too should have stuffed it when he said that he had told Korede and Reekado not to bother themselves about the car if they didn’t win because he would buy them a car. Really? Did he mean to tell us that with all the shows and endorsements both acts had last year under his management, there wasn’t any ‘change’ left to buy his acts cars?
If that’s the case, something is wrong somewhere.
Don Jazzy screwed up though by calling out Olamide in his speech especially as Olamide never mentioned his name. But to a discerning mind, it seems those two had festering issues before last night and that incident was the last straw.
Mutual discontent and petty misgivings are common in the entertainment industry. I am never fooled by put-on smiles and show of camaderie most times by artistes as they are human like everyone else. What sets off animousities are usually a struggle for a space on top; a definition of ambitious egos or just plain loathing for petty reasons.
The struggle and not the hustle is what is real. Territorial dominance and egotistical relevance.
The major beneficiary from all this, in spite of the furore over the winner, is Hyundai. The brand now has more exposure than it bargained for and everyone would remember the brand for months to come. No publicity is bad at all in this regard for them.
To think that Don Jazzy and Olamide did a collabo a couple of years back and an anaemic one too, in my opinion. A song which didn’t make sense and was soon forgotten as soon as it came out.
With the storm over this award and the degenerative posibilities it portends, one can only suggest to Hyundai to come out with a new model inspired by this.
And calling that model ‘Hyundai Skelemba’ won’t be a bad idea.
The sales might just be something the company can ‘bank’ on.

Source: http://www.charlesnoviadaily.com/don-jazzy-olamide-and-the-hyundai-skelemba-taking-it-to-a-bank-by-charles-novia/

Lalasticlala, ishilove, ijebabe
wow,Charles knows how to play on words tho....I'm impressed
Re: Donjazzy, Olamide And The Headies Saga-charles Novia Weighs In by micholalo(m): 8:56pm On Jan 02, 2016
TOEZOFFICIAL:
Olamide even claiming street, Loolz...street is all bout trigger fingers and not twitter fingers!..Jazzy remains a boss!

I think u don't know what u are saying. Just wait till dey clash.
Re: Donjazzy, Olamide And The Headies Saga-charles Novia Weighs In by Kunlexic(m): 8:56pm On Jan 02, 2016
when did dis musicians turn politicians?
Re: Donjazzy, Olamide And The Headies Saga-charles Novia Weighs In by justmenoni: 9:02pm On Jan 02, 2016
Olosho free me....you don't know everyone so don't think everyone here on nl are poor, I might actually be richer and more connected than your entire generations so f off. quote author=safarigirl post=41592288]I repeat, anyone, including YOU, who thinks this is about the car, is senseless.

The sooner half-brained Nigerians stop thinking everyone is as impoverished as them, seeking material things over good recognition and acknowledgment, the better for this nation. I'm sure people like you also said Burna wanted the car.

As you feel like exercising your right to stupidity, take the floor.

Goodnight

*drops mic*[/quote]
Re: Donjazzy, Olamide And The Headies Saga-charles Novia Weighs In by Enoquin(f): 9:10pm On Jan 02, 2016
Esejojo:
Fan of Novia's write-ups, but this one comes across as the poorest. Too many erros and ambuigities. Perhaps, because he was in a hurry to make it public.

Not a fan, but having read most of his epistles, I agree this is the poorest. Nothing was said, he didn't even carry out a proper research before writing especially as the category in question is based on votes.
I also expected him to slam the erring parties hard, but instead I am reading about cars for artistes. His muse might still be away on holidays though
Re: Donjazzy, Olamide And The Headies Saga-charles Novia Weighs In by antifat(m): 10:01pm On Jan 02, 2016
sugarbelly:
Interesting article on the Donjazzy Olamide saga titled :DON JAZZY, OLAMIDE AND THE ‘HYUNDAI SKELEMBA’-TAKING IT TO A BANK as written by Charles Novia

The Headies 2015 ( which ironically held on the first day of 2016) was an anti-climax after that.
And perhaps the public tantrums of both Don Jazzy and Olamide were the highlights of what was before then an above average telecast with glaring lapses which could have been remedied with more precision.
When the artistes nominated in the ‘Next Rated..’ category were shown in a mini-documentary somewhere in the show, taking photo-ops in the Hyundai SUV and pleading for votes from their fans so as to win the prize, I told myself after seeing the earnest expectations on their faces that this category would surely be competitive but would have some bad blood drawn thereafter.
The visuals of the four nominated acts seated side-by-side in the hall thereafter, being interviewed by the Hip TV Presenter just before the category was announced also showed an unease amongst them even if they were trying to put up aloof facades.
Korede Bello, Kiss Daniel, L’il Kesh and Reekado Banks. Four nominees in perhaps the ‘closest-to-call’ category in The Headies ever. Looking at the list, they each had hits in 2015. But in my personal opinion ( which I’m entitled to, innit?) I would have pruned the list at the final stage to just two; Korede Bello and Kiss Daniel.
‘Godwin’ was probably the biggest song of 2015, transcending both the secular and gospel charts and finding resonance all across Africa. How could such a song not get the artiste a winner in that category? On the other hand, ‘Woju’ by Kiss Daniel was another monster hit in 2015 which certainly would have won him that prize without raising eyebrows.
With due respect to Reekado Banks, I don’t think his ‘ Katapot’ track was that much of a phenomenal hit in 2015 but it was a good track. And L’il Kesh too, who was touted by Olamide as having back to back hits in 2015 ( by his reckoning) stood a chance as well but I would say a misfit of personal branding by the YBNL team for Kesh might have added to his loss in that category. Club and dance hits are different from acclaimed general hits when it comes to the brass tacks and ‘Gbese Re’ was huge on the club and dance circuits but can’t be termed a huge hit compared to Korede’s and Kiss’
Thus, when Reekado won, I was one of the surprised folks watching on television. Obviously this didn’t go down well with Olamide, on whose label Kesh is signed on to and he went on a profane and perhaps alcohol-induced rant onstage a few minutes later, calling out the organisers and storming off the stage thereafter.
Don Jazzy, the acclaimed Producer, who is the Head Huncho at Mavin Records which has Reekado as one of its acts, picked up the gauntlet a few minutes after while receiving his Lifetime Achievement Award and called out Olamide. He asked Olamide to come take the car won by Reekado and stormed out of the awards with his crew.
Olamide later went on twitter to rant more expletives on Don Jazzy.

Both artistes were wrong on many fronts. For Olamide, his open inebriation on stage calls for much questioning of his public conduct when he’s not in performance mode. As he boasts in his songs, he might have packed halls and swayed trends in the past year but trying a Kanye West onstage at The Headies was ill-advised. One should ask this question ( which I will also throw at Don Jazzy later as well) that if L’il Kesh had back to back hits as Olamide claimed, why didn’t YBNL deem it fit to buy him a car ( if he hasn’t any) all these months?
And Don Jazzy too should have stuffed it when he said that he had told Korede and Reekado not to bother themselves about the car if they didn’t win because he would buy them a car. Really? Did he mean to tell us that with all the shows and endorsements both acts had last year under his management, there wasn’t any ‘change’ left to buy his acts cars?
If that’s the case, something is wrong somewhere.
Don Jazzy screwed up though by calling out Olamide in his speech especially as Olamide never mentioned his name. But to a discerning mind, it seems those two had festering issues before last night and that incident was the last straw.
Mutual discontent and petty misgivings are common in the entertainment industry. I am never fooled by put-on smiles and show of camaderie most times by artistes as they are human like everyone else. What sets off animousities are usually a struggle for a space on top; a definition of ambitious egos or just plain loathing for petty reasons.
The struggle and not the hustle is what is real. Territorial dominance and egotistical relevance.
The major beneficiary from all this, in spite of the furore over the winner, is Hyundai. The brand now has more exposure than it bargained for and everyone would remember the brand for months to come. No publicity is bad at all in this regard for them.
To think that Don Jazzy and Olamide did a collabo a couple of years back and an anaemic one too, in my opinion. A song which didn’t make sense and was soon forgotten as soon as it came out.
With the storm over this award and the degenerative posibilities it portends, one can only suggest to Hyundai to come out with a new model inspired by this.
And calling that model ‘Hyundai Skelemba’ won’t be a bad idea.
The sales might just be something the company can ‘bank’ on.

Source: http://www.charlesnoviadaily.com/don-jazzy-olamide-and-the-hyundai-skelemba-taking-it-to-a-bank-by-charles-novia/

Lalasticlala, ishilove, ijebabe

U are bias because u mention 'gbese re' as d only hit song by lil Kesh,u are suppose to refer to his better hit like Shoki and Efejoku which are really hit songs!
Re: Donjazzy, Olamide And The Headies Saga-charles Novia Weighs In by Xmen149(m): 10:04pm On Jan 02, 2016
Ehmm..check well guys..those saying reekado is not suposed to be there are mainly boys and xtrmly few grls..that 'katapolt' track is a love song its just like singing 'no matter what they tell us..' for a girl then and she will stand by you like crazy..and guess what: which gender runs the IG and twitter and social media and always ready to click like/vote.......even a bae that we made up 2months ago stl hv d@ track as ringtone not funny.....

But seriously,they all worked hard,but the winner is the choice of the voters
Re: Donjazzy, Olamide And The Headies Saga-charles Novia Weighs In by KingTom(m): 12:52am On Jan 03, 2016
antifat:

U are bias because u mention 'gbese re' as d only hit song by lil Kesh,u are suppose to refer to his better hit like Shoki and Efejoku which are really hit songs!
that was the only one he sang alone undecided
Re: Donjazzy, Olamide And The Headies Saga-charles Novia Weighs In by Nobody: 3:14am On Jan 03, 2016
justmenoni:
Nice analysis, I keep on telling my friends that most music outta Nigeria is total bullshit and deserves no award yet u're gonna hear our celebs ranting on how they will grab the grammies....

What is efejoku ni,what is skiborobo, what the f is moyo panro sita Alot of kid's listen to olamides song but yet he didn't deem it fit to amend his lyrics.

Now this is how Olamide might be going down cos imagine some company not giving him some endorsements,shows etc cos of his act at headies

But wait does it truly mean korede bello, Lil Kesh and reekado banks ain't gat their car?

Our celebs and fake life are like Nigerians and hypocrisy grin

First of all, lil' kesh, reekardo, and korede all have their cars. How much be car? Reekardo has his one house for God's sake.

Secondly, some songs are explicit, they can contain vulger words. It is so allover the world. R Kelly is one of the greatest singers of this generation, but some of his songs contain worse vulger words. Also Nicki minaj is a top celebrity but her songs are much much vulger. What is 'my anaconda'? Look at Dr Dre, he is a well respected veteran, but he's still the one that did songs like 'I just wanna f*ck u, smoke weed everyday and b*tch please'. Even respected artists like Drake have their own explicit sobgs. If u doubt me quite me I'll send u the tracks. Or is it because they sing in English while lil kesh do his songs with Yoruba dialect? It is called explicit. So far they don't play those songs on general Fm and TV stations. If they must be played on Fm then its gonna be the radio edited versions. Shikena.

Re: Donjazzy, Olamide And The Headies Saga-charles Novia Weighs In by Ertekazee: 8:52am On Jan 03, 2016
Attention seeking failed movie producer. Concentrate on improving your movie script, cos this piece is pure baloney.
Re: Donjazzy, Olamide And The Headies Saga-charles Novia Weighs In by scarffield(m): 12:16pm On Jan 04, 2016
#AMINMYHOUSETRAILERCAMETOJAMME
Re: Donjazzy, Olamide And The Headies Saga-charles Novia Weighs In by yemoxyl(m): 1:00pm On Jan 04, 2016
Too long
Summary pls!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Binta Diamond Diallo Shades Wizkid Over 3rd Son With Jada Pollock - Fans React / Abimbola Ogunnowo's Colour Transformation Sparks Outrage / Don Jazzy’s Reaction To Banky W’s Engagement To Adesua Etomi Breaks Internet.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.