Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,494 members, 7,830,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

The Nigerian Entertainment Industry, A Reflection Of The Nigerian Society - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The Nigerian Entertainment Industry, A Reflection Of The Nigerian Society (812 Views)

Top 10 'Small Girls With Big God' In The Nigerian Entertainment Industry / 18 Most Handsome Men In The Nigerian Entertainment Industry (pics) / Skales Is A Mirror Reflection Of His Mother (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Nigerian Entertainment Industry, A Reflection Of The Nigerian Society by bonechamberlain(m): 1:01pm On Jan 02, 2016
It is highly disgraceful to see what young men churn out in our entertainment industry today. when i listen to originality by faze, i hear a long list of musical greats who have in one way or the other built a legacy in the entertainment industry with their ever green songs, but can we still find such long list of musical great in this our generation? its obviously a NO. that's because our youth have put money and fame over everything, no one wants to take the road not taken, we all want to get it quick, whether what we churn out is sick and deafning to the ears or deviod of any form of rationality or not, as long as fame and money is guaranteed, its fine.

we are in dangerous times in this country, where decorum, critical thinking and rationality has been thrown to the dogs, while mediocrity and unintelligent braggadocio is what is being celebrated. this is to tell you that education is dying in this country and if we don't do something about it now, the consequence would be disastrous.

The youth continue to cry for leadership positions, but show no signs of being a true leader, how on earth could someone walk up to an award stage to criticize the organisers of such award, rain curses on whom ever it concerns, bang the mic on the floor and indirectly insults a winner of an award, by saying someone else is his own winner, and you still find some youth hailing his irrational decisions. i sure like some of olamide's song but his actions where just too irrational and immature. people always make reference to kanye west, but forgot that kanye has since apologised for his foolishness,despite that we still make reference to him, trust Nigerians or Africans in general, to render an apology is not in our gene, pride and too much braggadocio won't allow us. though learnt he has apologized.

and who said lil kesh deserved the award, i believe the headies is touted as Nigeria's grammy, as such no award in its category should even be based on voting cause the grammy awards winners never won by voting, but by careful and rigorous nomination process by professionals in music. people said reakadoo banks won by voting, which should have never happened, a next rated category should be based on content of the music of the artiste, mass appeal, production and song composition, which to me lil kesh dont fit into, probably only mass appeal. others might fit into it but to me my winner would be kiss daniel, the guy should be encouraged for making wonderful songs. which in turn would encourage other upcoming artiste to churn out great songs.

even though raekadoo banks to me shouldn't have won, the noise from olamide was uncalled for, and don jazzy's response was an emotional one full with pride, the winner cannot definitely be lil kesh. this noisy music we hear today from untalented artiste has really affected the psyche of the Nigerian youths as we can no longer by unbiased with our choice for ingenuity. this is also a general problem in the Nigerian sociey, which can only be eradicated through proper education and enlightenment.

may God guide us and give us wisdom this year..

bonechamberlain..
Re: The Nigerian Entertainment Industry, A Reflection Of The Nigerian Society by bonechamberlain(m): 1:32pm On Jan 02, 2016
good he has apologized.
Re: The Nigerian Entertainment Industry, A Reflection Of The Nigerian Society by odaniel1(m): 2:18pm On Jan 02, 2016
Very well said! All dz entertainers need to bring "content" back into play.
Re: The Nigerian Entertainment Industry, A Reflection Of The Nigerian Society by baralatie(m): 3:08pm On Jan 02, 2016
bonechamberlain:
good he has apologized.
Only to his fans!
Not good enough
Re: The Nigerian Entertainment Industry, A Reflection Of The Nigerian Society by bonechamberlain(m): 6:51am On Jan 04, 2016
baralatie:

Only to his fans!
Not good enough

well at least he reminisced on his actions, though to me its medicine after death.

(1) (Reply)

Actress, Ibinabo Fiberesima Flaunts Gym Body On Hoverboard / Do You Think Ini Edo Has Lost Weight Drastically?? See This Photo / Omotola And Her Second Daughter Celebrates Birthday The Same Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.