Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,724 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

Soap Based Multi-threaded C++ Server - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Soap Based Multi-threaded C++ Server (2530 Views)

Nairaland Has Multi-Billion Dollar Potential Startup Value If Taken Seriously / Multi-Player Whot & Ludo Game For Phones: Please Help Us Test This App / Please Can Someone Be Of Help In Webservices / Soap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soap Based Multi-threaded C++ Server by kennbox(m): 1:54am On Jun 14, 2009
Hi Guys. Any Ideas on how to start developing a soap based multi-threaded c++ server framework, to be used in n-tier apps? from design to finish, using oss tools (Boost, Apache, Lighttpd, gsoap, axis , and many more).
Re: Soap Based Multi-threaded C++ Server by Seun(m): 2:01am On Jun 14, 2009
Why do you need a C++ server framework? What kind of apps are you developing?
Re: Soap Based Multi-threaded C++ Server by kennbox(m): 2:29am On Jun 14, 2009
mainly network based distributed apps (service oriented) usually in a community where many users are expected to connect to the central server and retrieve small chunks of vital info regularly.

Connecting clients could be via (web services).

The app should be relatively fast and run on not so powerfull hardware. Also, it's to run off opensource cross-p tools with appriciable performance. lean machine performace is required.
Re: Soap Based Multi-threaded C++ Server by Kobojunkie: 11:42pm On Jun 14, 2009
@Poster, you would need to please explain what you mean for those of us who are not as "technical" as you are.

1) What do you need this "Server"( or do you mean service) for?

2) Are you trying to build a distributed application of some sort, and you need a SOAP "Service" to serve up data on demand?

If you are talking of building a SOAP service that you can call/consume from your applications, then that makes sense. All you need to do is look up building a C++ Web/SOAP Service, and it is pretty straight forward from there. I, on the other hand would go for building a WCF Service as it is excellent for beginners.
Re: Soap Based Multi-threaded C++ Server by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jun 15, 2009
maybe u wait for the C++ guys.

i think talking about the task itself may help us get to what u have in mind.
Re: Soap Based Multi-threaded C++ Server by kennbox(m): 12:23pm On Jun 16, 2009
Thanks Kobojunkie

Where this proposed framework is to be used is in a university environment. The server is meant to accept multiple client calls and respond to each request. (Say Students requesting for result detials).

If say 500 requests come in, the server program should be able to fork out processes or threads or any other means of handling the requests without failure or leaks.

The message transport protocol could be (TCP/IP) Soap with wsdl or just plain xml transfers.

Again, anyone with knowlegde on an already existing similar (Open Source) framework would be in a helpful position
Re: Soap Based Multi-threaded C++ Server by Kobojunkie: 3:07pm On Jun 16, 2009
Oh ok!!! Then you are looking to build a service then and not a SEVER. I am not sure why it has to be OPENSOURCE, I don't work much with OPENSOURCE ware but I do know that you can easily build a reliable service using WCF technology and host it in IIS with ease. You can easily configure it and definitely allow concurrent calls.

(1) (Reply)

Is Microsoft Access Still Relevant Today? / Javascript Courses: Mosh Hamedani Or Brad Traversy / How Can I Deploy Applications Create In Vb.net

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.