Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,338 members, 7,829,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

Do I Take A Fifth Jamb Form At 23? Someone Please Help Me. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do I Take A Fifth Jamb Form At 23? Someone Please Help Me. (664 Views)

Struggle To Buy JAMB Form In Maiduguri, Borno State (Photos) / See The Queue Of People Buying Auchi Polytechnic Form At Fidelity Bank Yesterday / Buy The 2016 Jamb Form At A Discounted Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do I Take A Fifth Jamb Form At 23? Someone Please Help Me. by burninghaven: 10:13pm On Jan 02, 2016
I'm 23, finished my secondary school 8years ago, I was the best in a class of 31. after my graduation from high school. my mum had financial issues at that time and so i had to follow an uncle of mine who owns a computer institute, I was with him for about 3years, that was where i acquired some computer skills.

When it was time for me to return to school, I obtained a jamb form. At first, all my relatives and friends taught I was going to murder jamb unfortunately for me, the reverse was the case cos i narrowly escaped the impact with a score of 213. I read harder for my pume but was not lucky enough, I had 49.

To say that I was devastated is an under statement, but nonetheless I obtained a second form this time around I prepared harder but I got 206 as my score my pume result was 53, so I was offered an admission to study physics but out of my stupidity and naivety I rejected the offer.

so I took another jamb, but I still didn't make it, it was as if my brain had gotten to its maximum limit. I got 202 and 47 as my jamb and pume scores respectively.

At this junction I was beginning to lose faith in myself, i still took my fourth jamb, had 227, and I did a change of institution as advised by my mum's pastor. after the pume I felt terribly ill. today typhoid, tomorrow fever, a day after malaria, no one was talking about my admission, all my family ever wanted was seeing me get back on my feet again. The ailment lasted over a year, till date I don't even know what my pume score is.

The followiing year which happens to be last year I didn't even bother to stress myself with jamb cos I had a lot of issues going on within me at that particular period.

About five months ago I went to see a doctor because i was having this constant pain in my head, and whenever I bend down to pick up something from the floor, my head becomes so heavy, its as if all the blood in my body will just flow straight to my head.
so he gave me pain killers and other drugs, soon I got relieved.

Four months later the pain started again gradually not as serious as the previous one, so i visited another doctor, who after listening to all that I had to say, said I had psychological issues. He afterwards prescribed certain drugs to me which up until this day i never got any because I was tired and scared of takiing drugs having taken trailer load of drugs or the past 13-16 months.

Now I'm totally confused on what step to take next.
I'm considering taking a fifth jamb, but my health is still not back to normal. i don't even know what to do anymore. people I tutored while I was still in secondary school are all progressing in life while I remain stagnant.
Re: Do I Take A Fifth Jamb Form At 23? Someone Please Help Me. by Liberty101: 10:17pm On Jan 02, 2016
Hmmm this one is strong oo
Re: Do I Take A Fifth Jamb Form At 23? Someone Please Help Me. by lambvard: 10:21pm On Jan 02, 2016
Try IJMB,its a sure means of admission. Pm me I will guide you.
Re: Do I Take A Fifth Jamb Form At 23? Someone Please Help Me. by otemanuduno: 10:23pm On Jan 02, 2016
If only you have some amount of money, you can just go for pre-degree instead. That's what my younger brother's doing right now after 4 jambs, passing but no admission.

For your ailment, all you need do is smile always, take off your mind from your problems and work more on your talents if you have discovered them before. I am saying this because specially talented people are often the ones faced with much challenge. As I said, smile always and take your mind off your pains and problems and then CONCENTRATE ON YOUR TALENT. If there is money enough, please do PRE-DEGREE.

1 Like

Re: Do I Take A Fifth Jamb Form At 23? Someone Please Help Me. by ify84(m): 10:53pm On Jan 02, 2016
U got computer skills, while not put into practice, while u still go for this jamb, once u are busy with the computer, u will think less of people who have made progress more than you, and then, the doctor advise that ur problem is psychological could b true, but ur busyness will help you...

Abov all, if you are not born again, u will suffer all these things and end up with no result... Get on ur knees and become Jesus friend
Re: Do I Take A Fifth Jamb Form At 23? Someone Please Help Me. by nenergy(m): 1:56am On Jan 03, 2016
Don't be dismayed!

Stop giving jamb money and get a skill. Nothing dey "school", ask the millions of underemployed graduates. Do a programme at NOUN and go learn a profitable skill along side.

Web design, GRAPHIX deign, sound/Video production, photography , software deign, content/social media management etc
Re: Do I Take A Fifth Jamb Form At 23? Someone Please Help Me. by africandictator(m): 4:28am On Jan 03, 2016
bros it is good to hear that you still have intentions of furthering your studies. if you have been going for a very competitive course before, now is not the time to back down. From your write up it is obvious, that you have been opting for an engineering course. Please put more effort. For you to have turned down a good course as physics, i am sure you were opting for a course you felt was right for you. i can assure you, if you chase your dreams, you could get your desired course. It just takes determination and hardwork and perphaps a little more effort and technique to the whole admission thingy. Education is just a pathway to sucesss......

1 Like

Re: Do I Take A Fifth Jamb Form At 23? Someone Please Help Me. by jupiterz: 5:13am On Jan 03, 2016
I have 3 suggestion for you.

1) Obtain jamb form

2) Choose a less competitive school/courses

3) Consider school as a place of Learning and not the only way to achieve in life.

(1) (Reply)

Miami Ad School Scholarship For Creative Students / University Of Abuja, 2015/2016 Direct-entry Form/ And Diploma Form/ Is On Sales: / Caption This English Language Test And Answer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.