Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,738 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Fix That Long Beep Keyboard Sound You Hear On Your Laptop When You Turn It On - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Fix That Long Beep Keyboard Sound You Hear On Your Laptop When You Turn It On (505 Views)

How To Make Money Online In Nigeria 2017 On Your Laptop Or Phone / Best And Free Way To Record The Screen Of Your Laptop / Powerbank For Laptop 96000mah Can Power Your Laptop Over 8 Hours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fix That Long Beep Keyboard Sound You Hear On Your Laptop When You Turn It On by tuazor: 2:02pm On Jan 03, 2016
this is a personal and recent discovery.

few months back, my laptop screen got broken and i kept the system at home for eleven monthS without use. (school work was demanding)
so after 11 months, i picked it up and spent #13,000 to fix it in port Harcourt.

well after the engineer who fixed it pressed the power button to put it on, we heard a long beep sound from the system, at this point, no key on the keyboard worked, the engineer told me that my keyboard is damaged and that i have to replace it. somehow i was stubborn and refused to replace it. i told him if changing the screen will prompt me to change my keyboard then i will not buy the screen.

i took my system to another place, we opened it, fix the screen and the same thing occured, this other engineer told me the same thing i still was stubborn, partly because i didn't also have #5000 to waste on keyboard,

how ever he did something, he HARD PRESSED HIS HAND ON THE KEYBOARD RUNNING IT FROM LEFT TO RIGHT. and all of a sudden, the beep sound stopped and the computer turned on,

to cut the long story short, i took my system home doing same thing each time i turned it on.

now back to this post, HOW DID I STOP DOING THE LONG RANDOM PRESS ON MY KEYBOARD TO STOP THE BEEP SOUND AND STILL USING MY LAPTOP TILL TODAY WITHOUT CHANGING THE KEYBOARD.

this is what i did, I RAN WINDOWS UPDATE

SO HOW DO I RUN WINDOWS UPDATE.

(for windows 7)

click on start
click on control panel
click on system and security
click on windows update
click on install update

after completing this 5 steps, windows will begin to look for update

FIND MORE HERE www.franktuazor..com for MORE and CAUTION.

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Change My Nairaland Username? / A New Nigeria Non Hosted Adsense For Sale / What Is Two Factor Authentication?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.