Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,219 members, 7,811,611 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:38 PM

The Book Of Revelation Is Not From The Creator Of The Universe - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Book Of Revelation Is Not From The Creator Of The Universe (1974 Views)

There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe / The TRUE Meanings Of The Visions In The Book Of Revelation EXPLAINED!!! / Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Book Of Revelation Is Not From The Creator Of The Universe by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jan 03, 2016
[NLT] Revelation 6:13 Then the stars of the sky fell to the earth like green figs falling from a tree shaken by a strong wind.

Hehehe imagine a star like uy scuti and those stars that are thousands times larger than the earth fall omg Can't imagine that. it's obvious that this revelation is not from the creator of the universe. Because whoever inspired it had no idea how big space is. Vooks, teempakguy,kingebukablog, pleatton, Jonnydon22 come and see
Re: The Book Of Revelation Is Not From The Creator Of The Universe by vooks: 4:48pm On Jan 03, 2016
lilbest4:
[NLT] Revelation 6:13 Then the stars of the sky fell to the earth like green figs falling from a tree shaken by a strong wind.

Hehehe imagine a star like uy scuti and those stars that are thousands of times larger than the earth fall omg Can't imagine that it's obvious that this revelation is not from the creator of the universe. Because whoever inspired it had no idea how big space is. Vooks, teempakguy,kingebukablog, pleatton, Jonnydon22 come and see
You do realize that stars are symbols of something else don't you?

1 Like

Re: The Book Of Revelation Is Not From The Creator Of The Universe by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jan 03, 2016
vooks:

You do realize that stars are symbols of something else don't you?
lol this was a clear and literally expression

Revelation 12:4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

Explain this. And mind you I'm a Christian
Re: The Book Of Revelation Is Not From The Creator Of The Universe by vooks: 5:06pm On Jan 03, 2016
lilbest4:

Revelation 12:4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

Revelation 1:20 (KJV)
The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

I never aksd your faith because that is irrelevant. John equally saw stars, seven of them in the hands of Jesus, and we see Jesus telling him that the stars are angels (probably church leaders). Is this too hard for you to grasp?

5 Likes

Re: The Book Of Revelation Is Not From The Creator Of The Universe by urheme: 5:20pm On Jan 03, 2016
lilbest4:

A christian

When you wake up from a bad dream as a christian, what do you do.

Revelation is someone's bad dreams period.

You can record your series of nightmares and give it a name.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Book Of Revelation Is Not From The Creator Of The Universe by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jan 03, 2016
vooks:

Revelation 1:20 (KJV)
The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

I never aksd your faith because that is irrelevant. John equally saw stars, seven of them in the hands of Jesus, and we see Jesus telling him that the stars are angels (probably church leaders). Is this too hard for you to grasp?

Always twisting.

Revelation 8:12 And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise.

You Still think it's not referring to the physical stars seen at night, Stars, sun and the the moon? Or does the sun and the moon mean another spirit?
Re: The Book Of Revelation Is Not From The Creator Of The Universe by pet4ril(f): 5:42pm On Jan 03, 2016
undecided undecided
Re: The Book Of Revelation Is Not From The Creator Of The Universe by vooks: 5:52pm On Jan 03, 2016
lilbest4:

Always twisting.

Revelation 8:12 And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise.

You Still think it's not referring to the physical stars seen at night, Stars, sun and the the moon? Or does the sun and the moon mean another spirit?
Twisting what bro?
Jesus holding stars in his hand. What did I twist?

If you are going to be a skeptic, better brush up your brains because I got no time for pettiness

2 Likes

Re: The Book Of Revelation Is Not From The Creator Of The Universe by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jan 03, 2016
vooks:

Twisting what bro?
Jesus holding stars in his hand. What did I twist?

If you are going to be a skeptic, better brush up your brains because I got no time for pettiness
lol getting melted? Don't be hard bro. So you agree that the writer of revelation hard no knowledge about space. Because there's no way we would keep discarding plausibility. It's very obvious that the passage was referring to the stars in the sky. It's in plain English and you were trying to twist.
Re: The Book Of Revelation Is Not From The Creator Of The Universe by vooks: 6:19pm On Jan 03, 2016
lilbest4:
lol getting melted? Don't be hard bro. So you agree that the writer of revelation hard no knowledge about space. Because there's no way we would keep discarding plausibility. It's very obvious that the passage was referring to the stars in the sky. It's in plain English and you were trying to twist.

Revelation is written in apocalyptic and it is full of visions and stuff that obviously defy seem to physical laws
You have a woman wearing the sun and the moon
You have animals with several heads some of different animals
You have women standing in space
You have animals rising out of water
And so forth

If your faith rises and falls on Revelation, then you are a fool

1 Like

Re: The Book Of Revelation Is Not From The Creator Of The Universe by excellencyabia1: 6:48pm On Jan 03, 2016
After reading some comments i realised that the OP don't want to learn rather to argue. So all i will say is that since you say that you are a christian, ask the Holy spirit to help you to interpret it. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: The Book Of Revelation Is Not From The Creator Of The Universe by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jan 03, 2016
double post.
Re: The Book Of Revelation Is Not From The Creator Of The Universe by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jan 03, 2016
they will claim that it is not literal.

the power of a Christian lies not in their holy spirit, but their highly ambiguous book.

the same chapter can be interpreted in a million nonsensical ways. all you need is a meaning. and you can find a verse that can be interpreted to give that meaning.
because of that, every verse meaning can be updated to keep up with scientific discoveries. and where that is impossible or difficult, one will simply claim that the situation is not literal.

I actually think it's pure genius.

1 Like

Re: The Book Of Revelation Is Not From The Creator Of The Universe by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jan 03, 2016
vooks:

Revelation is written in apocalyptic and it is full of visions and stuff that obviously defy seem to physical laws
You have a woman wearing the sun and the moon
You have animals with several heads some of different animals
You have women standing in space
You have animals rising out of water
And so forth

If your faith rises and falls on Revelation, then you are a fool
more than funny. the same way someone claimed the unclothedness of Adam and eve wasn't literal to
Re: The Book Of Revelation Is Not From The Creator Of The Universe by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jan 03, 2016
Oh, That Revelations book is the bane of problems in the new testament. First it was interpreted literally in the 1600's. Then Newton discovered gravity and it was part real; part allegorical. Now it's all symbolic. Soon..........
Re: The Book Of Revelation Is Not From The Creator Of The Universe by johnw74: 1:27am On Jan 04, 2016
lilbest4:

Hehehe imagine a star like uy scuti and those stars that are thousands times larger than the earth fall omg Can't imagine that. it's obvious that this revelation is not from the creator of the universe. Because whoever inspired it had no idea how big space is. Vooks, teempakguy,kingebukablog, pleatton, Jonnydon22 come and see

@bold
Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
Re: The Book Of Revelation Is Not From The Creator Of The Universe by Nobody: 6:08am On Jan 04, 2016
lilbest4:

Olodo. If the dragon is figurative, isn't the stars also figurative as well?
Re: The Book Of Revelation Is Not From The Creator Of The Universe by Nature2016(m): 6:18am On Jan 04, 2016
The Book of Revelation is the ranting of Mr. John after a severe nightmare...!!! Totally unreasonable and illogical...!!!
Re: The Book Of Revelation Is Not From The Creator Of The Universe by Nobody: 7:22am On Jan 04, 2016
johnw74:

@bold
Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
you seem not to get it. What I'm saying is that how come our God didn't know most stars in the sky are way bigger than the earth. Because the way it's written the writer merely think the stars are tiny objects in the sky thus comparing them to fig
Re: The Book Of Revelation Is Not From The Creator Of The Universe by johnw74: 11:31pm On Jan 04, 2016
lilbest4:
you seem not to get it. What I'm saying is that how come our God didn't know most stars in the sky are way bigger than the earth. Because the way it's written the writer merely think the stars are tiny objects in the sky thus comparing them to fig

@red, You also said "it's obvious that this revelation is not from the creator of the universe"

I showed you that the revelation was from God, if I wanted to address another part of your post, I would have.

@blue, God the creator of the stars obviously knows that stars in the sky are bigger than the Earth.

You will never understand the figurative language of Revelation, when you don't even believe the literal parts.
Re: The Book Of Revelation Is Not From The Creator Of The Universe by Maamin(m): 6:55am On Jan 05, 2016
When you goan smoke tiri raps of igbo and you are just a novice. You'll start thinking like the Op! grin
Re: The Book Of Revelation Is Not From The Creator Of The Universe by Nobody: 7:17am On Jan 05, 2016
Re: The Book Of Revelation Is Not From The Creator Of The Universe by Nobody: 7:18am On Jan 05, 2016
johnw74:

@red, You also said "it's obvious that this revelation is not from the creator of the universe"

I showed you that the revelation was from God, if I wanted to address another part of your post, I would have.

@blue, God the creator of the stars obviously knows that stars in the sky are bigger than the Earth.

You will never understand the figurative language of Revelation, when you don't even believe the literal parts.

I've shrouded my thoughts with those beliefs all my life. The Bible has its own numerous mistakes.

I said it's not from the creator of the universe because whoever inspired it looked up to the sky imagined those tiny little light fall to the earth like green figs falling from a tree shaken by a strong wind. There's nothing figurative there.
Re: The Book Of Revelation Is Not From The Creator Of The Universe by analice107: 8:58am On Jan 05, 2016
lilbest4:
I've shrouded my thoughts with those beliefs all my life. The Bible has its own numerous mistakes.

I said it's not from the creator of the universe because whoever inspired it looked up to the sky imagined those tiny little light fall to the earth like green figs falling from a tree shaken by a strong wind. There's nothing figurative there.

@vooks pls pls, stop answering or commenting in posts like this. These are seeds of Satan seeking relevance. What they deserve is walk pass them like they don't exist.
Christians shd learn to make this twerps of no relevance.

If he posted this nonsense and we ignored him, he will know he is stupid. When we answer him, he will begin to think he is something other than a fool.
He opened his fangs to call himself a Christian. I guess half of this lot don't know what it means to be Christian. Check well, he is a Catholic. They teach them nothing, the Bible is just a story book to them. No revelational knowledge whatsoever.

1 Like

Re: The Book Of Revelation Is Not From The Creator Of The Universe by analice107: 9:00am On Jan 05, 2016
lilbest4:

So switch camps and go where you think is better than here. It's a pleasure to miss you.

@vooks pls pls, stop answering or commenting in posts like this. These are seeds of Satan seeking relevance. What they deserve is walk pass them like they don't exist.

If he posted this nonsense and we ignored him, he will know he is stupid. When we answer him, he will begin to think he is something other than a fool.
He opened his fangs to call himself a Christian. I guess half of this lot don't know what it means to be Christian. Check well, he is a Catholic. They teach them nothing, the Bible is just a story book to them. No revelational knowledge whatsoever.

1 Like

Re: The Book Of Revelation Is Not From The Creator Of The Universe by vooks: 11:35am On Jan 05, 2016
analice107:

I hear you Anas09.

Scoffers all over but it is well

1 Like

Re: The Book Of Revelation Is Not From The Creator Of The Universe by vooks: 11:38am On Jan 05, 2016
lilbest4:
You should list them one by one starting with the most blatant one

The bible was inspired by God but addressed to men and it is not a science text, that's why you find common human language such as sunrise and sunset and so forth.

Now, there are many reasons to doubt scriptures and you are free to doubt and scoff, but try and get intelligent reasons to do this
Re: The Book Of Revelation Is Not From The Creator Of The Universe by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jan 05, 2016
vooks:

You should list them one by one starting with the most blatant one

The bible was inspired by God but addressed to men and it is not a science text, that's why you find common human language such as sunrise and sunset and so forth.

Now, there are many reasons to doubt scriptures and you are free to doubt and scoff, but try and get intelligent reasons to do this
[NLT] Isaiah 46:10 Only I can tell you the future before it even happens. Everything I plan will come to pass, for I do whatever I wish.

[KJV] Isaiah 46:10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

[ESV] Genesis 6:6 And the Lord regretted that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him to his heart.
I'm sure he didn't plan to regret

Deuteronomy 5:17 Thou shalt not kill.

[NLT] 1 Samuel 15:3 Now go and completely destroy the entire Amalekite nation—men, women, children, babies, cattle, sheep, goats, camels, and donkeys.”

The book is self contradictory. there are countless verses to prove that. If you really read the Bible you'd know what I'm talking about
Re: The Book Of Revelation Is Not From The Creator Of The Universe by vooks: 5:34pm On Jan 05, 2016
lilbest4:

[NLT] Isaiah 46:10 Only I can tell you the future before it even happens. Everything I plan will come to pass, for I do whatever I wish.

[KJV] Isaiah 46:10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

[ESV] Genesis 6:6 And the Lord regretted that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him to his heart.
I'm sure he didn't plan to regret

Deuteronomy 5:17 Thou shalt not kill.

[NLT] 1 Samuel 15:3 Now go and completely destroy the entire Amalekite nation—men, women, children, babies, cattle, sheep, goats, camels, and donkeys.”

The book is self contradictory. there are countless verses to prove that. If you really read the Bible you'd know what I'm talking about

Where is the contradiction?
Re: The Book Of Revelation Is Not From The Creator Of The Universe by Omohemma(m): 6:50pm On Jan 05, 2016
The Bible is an infallible book... understand that first... why is Man is so curious and earthly minded that he is blind to the things of the spirit,fail to understand and quick to forget that God has so many mysteries which the book of Revelations is one of its expositions... Even John the Beloved, was given limited interpretation that is, those interpretations useful to our existence then why must it be YOU being bothered about things to come... Stay calm and be assured of eternal Home first ... Thanks for reading...
Re: The Book Of Revelation Is Not From The Creator Of The Universe by winner01(m): 6:59pm On Jan 05, 2016
@ op, you directed your questions to atheists and satanists, isnt it obvious the kind of answer you`re expecting? undecided

So much for a "christian" who wants to learn. Nothing you say, do or think will ever change who your God is.
There goes your answer.

1 Like

Re: The Book Of Revelation Is Not From The Creator Of The Universe by johnw74: 12:27am On Jan 06, 2016
lilbest4:

Comparing stars with figs sounds figurative to me.

Stars are hundreds of times bigger than our sun, and yet you say it's not figurative
that the billions of trillions of stars are going to fall on Earth.

ummm, do you think they will fit?

(1) (Reply)

The Cycle Of The Human Life / What God Does For A Living (Yahweh's True Profession) / Why Are There More Atheist Men Than Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.