Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,224 members, 7,829,372 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours (18120 Views)

Supreme Court Strikes Out Sheriff's Motion, Rules In Favour Of Makarfi's Faction / Online Petition Asking Buhari To Resign Gathers Momentum / IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours by GenOrumov: 10:10am On Jan 04, 2016
Yomboy4ever:

Carry cutlass make u share am by ur sef na...
This comment got me laughing hysterically

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours by easymanofdpeopl(m): 10:11am On Jan 04, 2016
currently signed 7,931 as at 10.10 a.m

3 Likes

Re: Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours by chuksmad(m): 10:11am On Jan 04, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

That is only necessary when an accused is arrested for the same offence that he was granted bail and not for a different offence as in the case of thief Dasuki.

As for Kanu, there is no bail that I'm aware of.

Beside, there is no restraining order against the State from re-arresting the suspects.
Tonye, from your comments this day, is like you have gone back to your former party APC, before decamping to PDP.
Well, if you can't beat them, you join them.
Re: Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours by njikoamaka: 10:12am On Jan 04, 2016
authority2006:
Trash, from the first paragraph to the last.

The same way you worked for APC during election, and see where we are. Believe it or not, PDP handed over to APC a better Nigeria than where we are today.

They have used the fight against corruption to take our mind off the hardship his policy less govt has melted on the masses.

The percentage of corrupt people is infinitesimal to compare with the over 170m Nigerians suffering and smiling on daily basis.

1 Like

Re: Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours by APCsupporter: 10:17am On Jan 04, 2016
Yomboy4ever:
Abeg where d petition make I sign my own sharp sharp.
Thunder fire wailers, looters and der supporters..

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/support-president-buhari

Please spread it
Re: Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours by rusher14: 10:39am On Jan 04, 2016
Signed.
Re: Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours by omolami: 10:40am On Jan 04, 2016
I count this foolishness on the part of those that wrote the counter. Ask yourself did Buhari swear to defend the Constitution of Nigeria or not? If so is going against the same Nigerian Constitution a Defence he swore to do? I think he should be properly advised to always do the needful. Fighting corruption is not a guarantee to decirate our Constitution. There is rule of law and due process to guide Buhari always. No one is against the fight again corruption.

1 Like

Re: Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours by njikoamaka: 10:41am On Jan 04, 2016
kokoA:
and what rule of law is applied when a poor Adamu who steals someone's fowl because his hungry is caught detained for 2 years and later sentenced to 25 yrs in prison? Have you people been fighting the cause of thousands of "awaiting trial" inmates in our prisons? Nonsense! Selective application of the law is injustice.

If there is anybody that should be furious with our judiciary system, l think l should be the one here.

I have two clear cases where the prosecutor(police corpora) messed up and the accused person was convicted for three months or an option of fine(N5,000). For a case involving 800,000k plus. The other was messed up too, for a case involving 1.150m. So since 2012 my HARD EARNED money has been tied down and the accused persons are telling me l have done my worst.

The fact remains, the rule of law must be obeyed. There is no sentiments, bias or jungle justice that can be justified in a democratic setting.

1 Like

Re: Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours by rusher14: 10:42am On Jan 04, 2016
easymanofdpeopl:
currently signed 7,931 as at 10.10 a.m

Over 8 thousand by 10:40.
Re: Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours by Andiebest(m): 10:46am On Jan 04, 2016
2510 in 5 days and 8168 in 24days.....Its clear where the people stand!

3 Likes

Re: Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours by 989900: 10:47am On Jan 04, 2016
menxer:
Where is the link make I go cast my vote of confidence for PMB?

PS:
Here is the link

Wow! This just backfired against the 'WWs' . . . now you just gave the man more power from the people . . . even coup plotters never strike against a popular government! #pdprlearners #politics101

I no fit can shout o!
cheesy cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours by Nnannapat(m): 11:00am On Jan 04, 2016
njikoamaka:
The recently hosted E-warriors are back to work after receiving some paychecks from Aisha Buhari.

Sincere and learned Nigerians can not support the growing trend of flaunting of court orders by GMB. Nobody is holding brief for any corrupt person, but the rule of the law MUST be obeyed. They are suspects until after conviction and must be treated as one no matter how bad you feel about their actions.

GMB is already taking a difficult part on the fight against corruption, because people will flee instead of appearing before a court with predetermined agenda.

I think GMB is on point and kill mission.
Bia Nwannem, Do you by any means enjoy the way this country is at present, If your answer is No. Then you have to support what the President is doing now.

Buhari did not flout any court order, rather he and his team are using another method that is totally new to the wicked looters by bringing their charges to court in phases, if any corrupt judge frees them in one court, they will use their catalogues of evidence to re-arrest and charge them to another court.

Anybody that can prove that you cannot re- arrest a suspect standing trial for another different criminal case, should qoute part of our constitution that grants such rights. Corruption must be defeated

We the youths have to be very objective and needs to critically analyse issues and criticise and applaud where necessary. These looters that made our country to be hell on earth are manipulating us and seeks to play on our emotions to achieve their deadly goals. But we should be wiser now.

Nigeria will survive.

6 Likes

Re: Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours by Dragonking: 11:01am On Jan 04, 2016
free2blast:
Everybody knows the flat heads tribe has hatred flowing hrough their vein like blood, they bath with hatred, the cook and eat with hatred and also have sex with hatred thats why every child of theirs is born with natural hatred for other people. If you like make a goliath size statue of GEJ and place it in your living room and worship every day and night, he is confined to the bad side of the history of this nation.
Abeg make we hear word...Any small thing you will be masturbating whenever you hear of gej....when your incest brother obj is worst...Keep on getting high blood pressure and heart attack for gej until on day u end up dying from it....
Re: Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours by authority2006(m): 11:02am On Jan 04, 2016
njikoamaka:

The same way you worked for APC during election, and see where we are. Believe it or not, PDP handed over to APC a better Nigeria than where we are today.

They have used the fight against corruption to take our mind off the hardship his policy less govt has melted on the masses.

The percentage of corrupt people is infinitesimal to compare with the over 170m Nigerians suffering and smiling on daily basis.
Yes, you're right. I did not only vote for APC but also worked for the party. And I'm still thanking God for giving me the opportunity to correct the mistake I made in 2011 for going with the GEJ.
Sure, there is hardship in the country, no doubt about that. But if it had been that the party in power by now is pdp with GEJ and Okonjo as president and prime minister, one could only imagine what the level of hardship would be.
We voted for this Buhari to do one thing for us and for the generations yet unborn, to fight corruption. Because we believe that if corruption fought successfully, things will start to work in this country.
Those that you referred to as infinitesimal are reason why Nigeria as a nation is a shame of the world today. Buhari has to go after some of them so that the larger percentage of the population can feel the impact of their God given wealth.
When oil was selling at 120 dollars per barrel, they still kept borrowing and looting it. Now, oil is around 30 dollars per barrel but it has never occurred to you that these infinitesimal population must vomit their loots for Buhari to help the 170 millions that are suffering and smiling.

6 Likes

Re: Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours by simongonner: 11:14am On Jan 04, 2016
Sign this Petition and circulate same to show
your support to President Muhammadu Buhari
and his war against corruption.
Some political prostitutes and their clients
have started an online petition calling on PMB
to resign his office for their allegation that
the president shown total lack of respect to
Court Order when refused to release two high
profile accused persons, Colonel Sambo
Dasuki and the Biafran separatist leader,
Nnamdi Kanu. Premium Times reported on
2/1/2016 that the petition created by one
Carol Ajie has gathered over 600 signatures as
at the said date. The petition gives our
president only two options: Resign or Be
Impeached.
This petition is a calculated attempt to
demoralize our president and truncate his war
against corruption in public offices.
We cannot allow these political merchants to
succeed. We must not allow this to happen.
We must not let them demoralize our reverend
president. They are targeting 1, 000
signatures. Let's give our president at least 1,
000, 000 One Million) signatures before they
complete their 1, 000.
Sign and circulate if you are for President
Muhammadu Buhari and his policies.
Audu Bulama Bukarti 3/1/2016. http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/support-president-buhari

1 Like

Re: Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:18am On Jan 04, 2016
njikoamaka:
The recently hosted E-warriors are back to work after receiving some paychecks from Aisha Buhari.

Sincere and learned Nigerians can not support the growing trend of flaunting of court orders by GMB. Nobody is holding brief for any corrupt person, but the rule of the law MUST be obeyed. They are suspects until after conviction and must be treated as one no matter how bad you feel about their actions.

GMB is already taking a difficult part on the fight against corruption, because people will flee instead of appearing before a court with predetermined agenda.

I think GMB is on point and kill mission.
We re saying no to rule of law that is too lenient to criminals! Fu''ck rule of law. If Bhuari had listened to this damn rule of law Dasuki wud ve been granted bail to go abroad for treatment, since b4 he locked himself up in his house! Rule of law doesn't give justice in Nigeria! To hell wit rule of law!

5 Likes

Re: Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours by blazetitov: 11:48am On Jan 04, 2016
I just signed to support PMB's war on corruption. Thunder fire wailers, looters and der supporters.

8,562 signatures as at 11.50am!!

4 Likes

Re: Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours by dragonking2: 11:51am On Jan 04, 2016
free2blast:
Keep quiet...GEJ is the one working quietly and cluelessly behind the scene as usual because he lost out. All you flat head Hero ass lickers should leave the current president alone and let him work or else you can relocate to South Sudan.
The Nupes are currently slaughtering you people like rams in kwara....I guess GEJ is also working quietly behind the scene....Fo0lish set of people.

1 Like

Re: Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours by tuniski: 12:11pm On Jan 04, 2016
Andiebest:
2510 in 5 days and 8168 in 24days.....Its clear where the people stand!
what a disappointment buhari needing sponsored zombies many who have eaten Aisha's jollof rice to validate his failure so far. The desperation is naked.

1 Like

Re: Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours by njikoamaka: 12:12pm On Jan 04, 2016
Nnannapat:
Bia Nwannem, Do you by any means enjoy the way this country is at present, If your answer is No. Then you have to support what the President is doing now.

Buhari did not flout any court order, rather he and his team are using another method that is totally new to the wicked looters by bringing their charges to court in phases, if any corrupt judge frees them in one court, they will use their catalogues of evidence to re-arrest and charge them to another court.

Anybody that can prove that you cannot re- arrest a suspect standing trial for another different criminal case, should qoute part of our constitution that grants such rights. Corruption must be defeated

We the youths have to be very objective and needs to critically analyse issues and criticise and applaud where necessary. These looters that made our country to be hell on earth are manipulating us and seeks to play on our emotions to achieve their deadly goals. But we should be wiser now.

Nigeria will survive.

Definitely Nigeria will survive if we do the right things rightly.
That reminds me, when Late Dora Akunyili suggested rebranding of Nigeria, people misunderstood her. "Nigeria good people, great nation". What that means is, start from you family as unit and basis for change.
Everybody was brought into this world as a result of fertilization, that means there is always a man and woman relationship whether legal or otherwise.

In other words, if you have a civil family, definitely, we will have a civil society. Fighting corruption goes beyond newspaper prosecution.

1 Like

Re: Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours by egobetatoday: 1:25pm On Jan 04, 2016
tuale4u:
We buhari supporters will show them how to do online petition

the thing is even anti buhari supporters(like me) are against dasuki so its not a matter of knowing how online petitions are done. Dasuki should just return our money thats all.

3 Likes

Re: Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours by lezz(m): 1:38pm On Jan 04, 2016
neutrotoba:
Only insane Nigerians would sign that petition against Mr. President.

The Judicial arm of Government in Nigeria is as corrupt as Dasuki.

Court Orders have to be flouted in dealing with some criminals. We can't risk Dasuki jumping bail, we can't risk Kanu roaming the streets thereby potentially sparking a Hutsu/Tsutsi situation in Nigeria.

This is the change we asked for

#fearlesspresident

#GodblessPMB
I wish the bolded isn't part of your other wise beautiful submission.

Nothing can ever justify the disregard of a competent court of law in any civilised country. It is counterproductive and set a horrible precedent for abuse of power and authority.

If kalu is granted bail by any competed court, it becomes the duty of the Nigerian police and DSS to keep a tag on him--that's their job.

Disobeying and flaunting court order by the president to solve a legal matter is like taking a medication whose cure is only worse than the ailment.

Soon if the Senate President, or IG or a Governor disobeys a court order, has the presidency not thrown away its moral right and justification in calling for the inviolability of the rule of law?
Re: Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours by azzima(m): 1:43pm On Jan 04, 2016
njikoamaka:

If there is anybody that should be furious with our judiciary system, l think l should be the one here.

I have two clear cases where the prosecutor(police corpora) messed up and the accused person was convicted for three months or an option of fine(N5,000). For a case involving 800,000k plus. The other was messed up too, for a case involving 1.150m. So since 2012 my HARD EARNED money has been tied down and the accused persons are telling me l have done my worst.

The fact remains, the rule of law must be obeyed. There is no sentiments, bias or jungle justice that can be justified in a democratic setting.
same democratic process that has kept 100% of all accused governors since 2003 out of jail?all of them are still roaming and Gallivanting the streets because of legal "trickery" by their lawyers. Glenga Daniel, akala, Kalu, dariye, akume ,ffk etc should ALL be in jail in saner countries. I sooooo much love what is going on today,Nigeria is not lawless anymore.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours by azzima(m): 1:46pm On Jan 04, 2016
Nnannapat:

Nigeria will survive.
This is perhaps the BEST comment so far. It's not business as usual again ooo. GBAM!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours by Yomboy4ever(m): 1:58pm On Jan 04, 2016

3 Likes

Re: Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours by fortune1968: 2:17pm On Jan 04, 2016
neutrotoba:
Only insane Nigerians would sign that petition against Mr. President.

The Judicial arm of Government in Nigeria is as corrupt as Dasuki.

Court Orders have to be flouted in dealing with some criminals. We can't risk Dasuki jumping bail, we can't risk Kanu roaming the streets thereby potentially sparking a Hutsu/Tsutsi situation in Nigeria.

This is the change we asked for

#fearlesspresident

#GodblessPMB
thank you. .

1 Like

Re: Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours by PassingShot(m): 2:21pm On Jan 04, 2016
[s]
njikoamaka:

[/s]
The economy you see today is a result of poor decisions of three to five years ago.

Anyone who thinks or believes otherwise is worse than an im.becile.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jan 04, 2016
What Buhari tried doing as at 1983 that made him a tyrant (War against Indicipline WAI) is what some governors are practicing today. If you don't like Buhari, close down ur business and go and live at Togo republic. Leave the country for us. The only president with foresight. Moreover I love being ruled by a Tyrant to corrupt officials.

4 Likes

Re: Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours by Geniro: 4:05pm On Jan 04, 2016
Mekwen:
If Zombies can help fix Nigeria then so be it.

Zombies will only lead you to your doom . . .
Re: Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours by njikoamaka: 4:17pm On Jan 04, 2016
PassingShot:
[s][/s]
The economy you see today is a result of poor decisions of three to five years ago.

Anyone who thinks or believes otherwise is worse than an im.becile.

Confirmed brainwashed candidate of change. You are just going the way of suicide bombing, because this your last comment shows its obvious they have sacrificed your brain.

1) That there is a free fall in naira value was perfected years ago.

2) That the pomp price of petrol has been persistently high with product scarcity was caused by GEJ.

3) That there is mass sack both from private and public establishments is GEJ's fault.

4) That chibok girls have not been rescued as promised, even there whereabouts unknown is PDP's fault.

5) That even with bailout funds to some states, and some states have not still paid the salaries all GEJ's.

So on and on and on, and they told you and you believed its all GEJ's fault.
Re: Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours by bashsani(m): 4:43pm On Jan 04, 2016
Younggeneral:

bross were edey happen make i go sign my own, hope i fit sign double

1 Like

Re: Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours by bashsani(m): 4:45pm On Jan 04, 2016
BABANGBALI:
in olamide's voice "baba iya won" abeg where dem dey sign make i go sign my own?baba must rule Nigeria for 8 solid years and nothing is gonna change dat. Wailers should keep on wailing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Plateau: Assailants Attack Another Community In Bokkos / Photo Evidence Of How Low Our Army Has Sank Under Buhari / It's Official: Buhari Appoints Amaechi DG Of Campaign Organization

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.