Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,654 members, 7,816,682 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Indian Car Mechanic Invents Car That Runs On Water - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Indian Car Mechanic Invents Car That Runs On Water (551 Views)

As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? / This N720m Limousine Can Move On Land And On Water – Its Awesome! / See Pictures Of Water Buses That Can Move On Water And Land (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Indian Car Mechanic Invents Car That Runs On Water by neychelles: 11:13am On Jan 04, 2016
44-year-old Mohammed Raees Makani who has been a car mechanic for fifteen years from India has no formal education and cannot read or write but this has not stopped him from accomplishing a scientific feat of epic proportions. He claims to have designed a car that runs on water.b

He has been modifying an 800 cc engine for the last five years – and now believes he has made the scientific breakthrough.

The car uses a mix of water and carbide which at just under two pence a litre is far more cost effective than traditional fossil fuels. Markani, from the state of Madhya Pradesh, said:

“The car runs on acetylene gas , which is formed from a chemical reaction between calcium carbide and water. The gas is used for several industrial purposes including welding and portable lighting for miners. But in my case, I am using it to propel the car engines. I have made other changes to the engines, which helps the overall performance of the car. So basically, it is just about the water. This idea struck my mind while I was gas welding a part of my car in my workshop many years ago. But I did not know how to go about it,” Markani said. “Somehow, I made a start and it took five years to make this efficient engine.” Not only does he now possess a patent for his groundbreaking invention, he has been invited by Chinese automobile companies to further develop the idea, but for companies looking to cash in on his work, he has a catch; any plant to make new cars will be established only in his hometown in Madhya Pradesh. Markani said: “I want things to change in my hometown. So this is where my work should continue.”

http://hoelofofo.com/indian-car-mechanic-invents-car-that-runs-on-water/

Re: Indian Car Mechanic Invents Car That Runs On Water by Oblitz(m): 11:35am On Jan 04, 2016
wow! interesting
Re: Indian Car Mechanic Invents Car That Runs On Water by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jan 04, 2016
i can't believe this lie!
Re: Indian Car Mechanic Invents Car That Runs On Water by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jan 04, 2016
The runs on acetylene gas, a chemical gotten from the mixture of calcium carbide and water, you should stop misinforming this forum with your lies. angry

(1) (Reply)

Compliments Of The Season To Nairaland. / Volkswagen Lt28i Bus For Sale / Car Tips: Checking Your Car's Air Filter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.