Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,629 members, 7,820,222 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Is There Any Nigeria Food That Doesn't Have Oil? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Is There Any Nigeria Food That Doesn't Have Oil? (3949 Views)

Food That People Above 45 Should Eat And Avoid / We Have Oil Extractor(brand New) Check It Out @ Dcentglobal..650k Negotiable!!!! / 13 Pictures Of Party Food That Make Us Happy To Be Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Any Nigeria Food That Doesn't Have Oil? by teekay213(m): 3:21pm On Jan 04, 2016
i have been trying to find any food i can cook that does not need oil,groundnut or palm oil and i find it hard to get.each time i eat oilly food my face moist with oil especially my noise area which makes me to clean my face all the time.pls is there any food around i can cook that doesn't need oil?
Re: Is There Any Nigeria Food That Doesn't Have Oil? by Cutehector(m): 3:24pm On Jan 04, 2016
Ok weneva u cook ur food, Dnt put any oil in it.
Re: Is There Any Nigeria Food That Doesn't Have Oil? by teekay213(m): 4:11pm On Jan 04, 2016
Cutehector:
Ok weneva u cook ur food, Dnt put any oil in it.
haha!imaginefrying stew without oil?what am saying is most of our food are oilly.which naija food that doesn't need oil and still make scene.
Re: Is There Any Nigeria Food That Doesn't Have Oil? by okirewaju(f): 4:25pm On Jan 04, 2016
teekay213:
haha!imaginefrying stew without oil?what am saying is most of our food are oilly.which naija food that doesn't need oil and still make scene.
You can cook stew without adding oil.

You parboil your meat, when the meat is properly cooked and still on the fire you add your tomato, pepper, onion, etc.

You can also cook okro soup without oil, moi-moi without oil, etc. You just have to re-adjust your taste buds.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Nigeria Food That Doesn't Have Oil? by teekay213(m): 6:20pm On Jan 04, 2016
okirewaju:

You parboil your meat, when the meat is properly cooked and still on the fire you add your tomato, pepper, onion, etc.

You can also cook okro soup without oil, moi-moi without oil, etc. You just have to re-adjust your taste buds.
ok,thanks.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Nigeria Food That Doesn't Have Oil? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jan 04, 2016
I do this sometimes. When the meat is cooked, I add my blended pepper+onion+tomato mixture and the seasonings I will use. I find that stew can taste even better this way.

okirewaju:

3 Likes

Re: Is There Any Nigeria Food That Doesn't Have Oil? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jan 04, 2016
OP, you can cook without oil. You're the one who's going to eat the food and can always make your own modifications in your cooking - to suite your preferences, tastes, etc.

If you have oily skin, it might be that you need to moisturize your face more. If you're cleaning your face "all the time", as you've said, then no wonder it gets dry. Oily skin occurs because your face is dry and your skin compensates for it by producing more oil.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Nigeria Food That Doesn't Have Oil? by teekay213(m): 8:11pm On Jan 04, 2016
Yieldings:
OP, you can cook without oil. You're the one who's going to eat the food and can always make your own modifications in your cooking - to suite your preferences, tastes, etc.

If you have oily skin, it might be that you need to moisturize your face more. If you're cleaning your face "all the time", as you've said, then no wonder it gets dry. Oily skin occurs because your face is dry and your skin compensates for it by producing more oil.
thanks for ur recipe am going to try it.concerning my skin i don't think it moist because is dry,cos whenever i have not eaten like in the morning or afternoon cos of work my face looks dry and cool but after eaten oily food then comes the problem.
Re: Is There Any Nigeria Food That Doesn't Have Oil? by octopusfreaky(f): 2:52pm On Jan 05, 2016
all u nid is facial cleansing wipes...yy wud u avoid oil completely,,u also need it just reduce the quantity of oil used in cooking your food.
Re: Is There Any Nigeria Food That Doesn't Have Oil? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jan 05, 2016
Pounded yam soup (afia efere) a native Akwa Ibom soup doesn't require oil
Then there's a food known as ató in my language just like porridge doesn't require oil too

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Making A Heart Shaped Cake Without A Heart Cake Tin / 4 Burner Korea Gas Cooker For Sale.. / How To Make Soybean Milk At Home With Simple And Easy Steps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.