Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,193 members, 7,811,500 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:10 PM

Should WAI-C Be Reintroduced?? (pic) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should WAI-C Be Reintroduced?? (pic) (3377 Views)

Gender Equality Bill ‘will Be Reintroduced’ – Saraki / A Call For Re-inauguration Of WAI To Curb Every Act Of Indiscipline In Nigeria / WAI: Buhari Disgrace Tinubu In New York, Because Tinubu Is Telling Lies. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should WAI-C Be Reintroduced?? (pic) by omenka(m): 4:44pm On Jan 04, 2016
Was on my way out of Makurdi and decided to pick up a coleague from Benue State University. On my way out, my eyes caught sight of this raged Nigerian flag placed conspicuously close to the office of the Vice Chancellor. I must confess this really broke my heart!

Any institution within the boundaries of this country ought to uphold the spirit of our "Nigerianess" with dignity and pride. Two of such items, amongst many others, that serve as symbols of our nationality are the Official Portrait of the President and our National Flag. I have never seen the official portrait of any of our ex presidents looking so shabby or treated with such disdain during their tenure. As a matter of fact, for national identity, the flag comes first before any other item, so it becomes incomprehensible why Nigerians have a penchant for abusing it.

We understand that citizens of a country cannot be forced to be patriotic, but institutions of government MUST be/be seen to be patriotic.

I think it is high time we pushed for severe sanctions for heads of public institutions seen to be doing this. I believe it is the only way to nip this very shameful trend in the bud. I hear someone say bring back #WAIC!

If a pristine flag cannot be flown/used, then none should be at all.

God bless Nigeria!!

3 Likes

Re: Should WAI-C Be Reintroduced?? (pic) by omenka(m): 4:45pm On Jan 04, 2016
More..

Cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44.

Re: Should WAI-C Be Reintroduced?? (pic) by Descartes: 4:48pm On Jan 04, 2016
That's shows that your Zoogeria is an expired and moribund entity going by the shredded/tattered flag grin

Hope Prof Itse Sagay would not advise Buhari to unleash his bulldog(EFCC) and Assacian dog (DSS) on the poor Vice Chancellor cheesy

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should WAI-C Be Reintroduced?? (pic) by FastShipping: 4:49pm On Jan 04, 2016
We should be patriotic at all time when it comes to Nigeria our country. The school authority should know our flag must always remain in pristine condition.

1 Like

Re: Should WAI-C Be Reintroduced?? (pic) by omenka(m): 4:51pm On Jan 04, 2016
Descartes:
That's shows that your Zoogeria is an expired and moribund entity going by the shredded/tattered flag grin
Wow!! Great comment!! cool

7 Likes

Re: Should WAI-C Be Reintroduced?? (pic) by omenka(m): 4:53pm On Jan 04, 2016
FastShipping:
We should be patriotic at all time when it comes to Nigeria our country. The school authority should know our flag must always remain in pristine condition.
It is such a big shame this is happening in an institution that is supposed to instill the spirit of patriotism in citizens- a university!!

What a sordid irony.
Re: Should WAI-C Be Reintroduced?? (pic) by Descartes: 4:53pm On Jan 04, 2016
omenka:
Wow!! Great comment!! cool

Blame David Mark and Suswan for that cheesy

1 Like

Re: Should WAI-C Be Reintroduced?? (pic) by seunny4lif(m): 4:54pm On Jan 04, 2016
grin
Re: Should WAI-C Be Reintroduced?? (pic) by omenka(m): 4:55pm On Jan 04, 2016
Descartes:

Blame David Mark and Suswan for that cheesy
Hmm. K.

1 Like

Re: Should WAI-C Be Reintroduced?? (pic) by OgbeifunErom: 5:07pm On Jan 04, 2016
Personally I feel the decision should be for PMB to make

If Baba wants to intorduce WAI, then SO BE IT!

Buhari understands what it takes to deal with Nigerians. Can you imagine the Nigerian flag been treated with such disrespect? And I can bet that there is an allocation for that flag in the budget.

PMB knows whats best for this country. If Baba reintroduces WAI, we should all support him and comply with the new rules, no matter how tough they are- SIMPLES!!

2 Likes

Re: Should WAI-C Be Reintroduced?? (pic) by san316(m): 5:50pm On Jan 04, 2016
There is no money in the country. So they had to cut d white part to shroud a corpse.

Crazy benuenites

3 Likes

Re: Should WAI-C Be Reintroduced?? (pic) by 175(m): 6:00pm On Jan 04, 2016
This is a Democracy! Try that, and see your APC kicked out.
#BoysNoSendYou

1 Like

Re: Should WAI-C Be Reintroduced?? (pic) by Psalm18: 6:16pm On Jan 04, 2016
I'm.assuming you mean, war against indiscipline ?

It won't and cannot work again.
Nigerians in the main feel a sense of alienation against the country due to the hypocrisy of leadership over the decades that asked them to cut costs while living like Kings.
The narrative will gradually change when purposeful leadership is seen across board.
Starting a mantra of change and hiring people in khaki to 'enforce' change in attitude is counter productive and not sustainable.
Once people begin to feel leadership that's is responsive, that provide to their needs then they begin to take charge.

If for example the school has not had teachers paid as due or running cost not approved. do you expect the principal/VC to use his own funds to buy flags all in the name of patriotism?

Buhari understand his limitations. The burning matter of economy and infrastructure development is on top of his agenda than another burecratic throwback (wai officers)of the military era
Re: Should WAI-C Be Reintroduced?? (pic) by todayboy: 6:22pm On Jan 04, 2016
omenka:
Was on my way out of Makurdi and decided to pick up a coleague from Benue State University. On my way out, my eyes caught sight of this raged Nigerian flag placed conspicuously close to the office of the Vice Chancellor. I must confess this really broke my heart!

Any institution within the boundaries of this country ought to uphold the spirit of our "Nigerianess" with dignity and pride. Two of such items, amongst many others, that serve as symbols of our nationality are the Official Portrait of the President and our National Flag. I have never seen the official portrait of any of our ex presidents looking so shabby or treated with such disdain during their tenure. As a matter of fact, for national identity, the flag comes first before any other item, so it becomes incomprehensible why Nigerians have a penchant for abusing it.

We understand that citizens of a country cannot be forced to be patriotic, but institutions of government MUST be/be seen to be patriotic.

I think it is high time we pushed for severe sanctions for heads of public institutions seen to be doing this. I believe it is the only way to nip this very shameful trend in the bud. I hear someone say bring back #WAIC!

God bless Nigeria!!

This enemies of Nigeria you making Buhari God and also encourage him not to accept court orders now you also want him to bring wai in 21st centuri abi

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should WAI-C Be Reintroduced?? (pic) by omenka(m): 6:26pm On Jan 04, 2016
todayboy:

This enemies of Nigeria you making Buhari God and also encourage him not to accept court orders now you also want him to bring wai in 21st centuri abi
I have a right to my opinion and so do you. If you don't like mine, you might as well choke on your disapproval. Thanks.

5 Likes

Re: Should WAI-C Be Reintroduced?? (pic) by omenka(m): 6:28pm On Jan 04, 2016
175:
This is a Democracy! Try that, and see your APC kicked out.

#BoysNoSendYou
We get worse threats every minute. This one is too damn flaky- reinforce it a little.

2 Likes

Re: Should WAI-C Be Reintroduced?? (pic) by NgeneUkwenu(f): 6:30pm On Jan 04, 2016
So sad!!
Re: Should WAI-C Be Reintroduced?? (pic) by JaredNomak: 6:34pm On Jan 04, 2016
Although I'm a die hard patriotic Nigerian, but truth be told, that flag depicts the present condition of Nigeria.

Anyway, that doesn't justify the call for WAI which is a form of tyranny in disguise.

1 Like

Re: Should WAI-C Be Reintroduced?? (pic) by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jan 04, 2016
Cizy please come and put omenka on a leash because he is getting out of hand with this jackboots marching in the night and kicking down doors of people with dissenting opinion

1 Like

Re: Should WAI-C Be Reintroduced?? (pic) by Beremx(f): 6:37pm On Jan 04, 2016
can't remember the last time i saw a Nigerian flag flying.
too bad!
Re: Should WAI-C Be Reintroduced?? (pic) by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jan 04, 2016

omenka, how many Nigeria flag is flying in your house car village and your father house.

Omenka when was the last time you recited the national anthem and pledge?

Omenka what support have you made to your state or local govt because JF Kennedy said " ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country"

1 Like

Re: Should WAI-C Be Reintroduced?? (pic) by omenka(m): 7:05pm On Jan 04, 2016
Ecoterrorist:
Omenka wants to put his VC in trouble because the BC refuse to do his bidding.

omenka, how many Nigeria flag is flying in your house car village and your father house.

Omenka when was the last time you recited the national anthem and pledge?

Omenka what support have you made to your state or local govt because JF Kennedy said " ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country"
My friends and I run an NGO dedicated to empowering youths generally and fresh graduates in particular through skills acquisition and promotion of entrepreneurship. We've organised workshops and boot-camp and competitions on entrepreneurship for students (all free of charge) even though most student union leaders ask that we charge a token for attendance (so they could get some share of the monies realised). All what we did, we did from OUR OWN POCKETS!

Tell me, what have you done for your own people

You were chased out of your own thread by Aresa, after1 (1after), Modath, NgeneUkwenu et al and think you'd find some refuge here throwing inane tantrums.

A ban is what I don't desire at the moment because I don't wanna rob myself of the freedom to shoot down PDP supporters' propaganda on the forum.

You once deactivated and swore never to return, wonder what brought you back and even moreso, why you turned up this time so broken and hateful.

Sometimes, I wonder how a lady (if you truly are) manage to carry on with such yoke in her heart.

God help you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should WAI-C Be Reintroduced?? (pic) by omenka(m): 7:16pm On Jan 04, 2016
JaredNomak:
Although I'm a die hard patriotic Nigerian, but truth be told, that flag depicts the present condition of Nigeria.

Anyway, that doesn't justify the call for WAI which is a form of tyranny in disguise.
You make good points, but some Nigerians need an iron fisted leader with a heart of steel to get them to do the right thing. There are smart and humane
ways such laws can be enforced in today's world without having to be called a tyrant. I just read somewhere that Lagos state government has shut down some building for lacking proper facilities- now that isn't tyranny but commonsense.

This is simply preposterous, especially given it is right in the middle of a university.
Re: Should WAI-C Be Reintroduced?? (pic) by cizy: 7:19pm On Jan 04, 2016
omenka:

God bless Nigeria!!

Is this worth breaking the rules for? In trying to address an issue (which can't in any way lead to loss of lives), you're breaking the traffic laws of the country, in which case can lead to accident and subsequently, loss of lives. Why do you have to use your phone while driving on the highway, oh ye "patriotic Nigerian"? angry undecided

1 Like

Re: Should WAI-C Be Reintroduced?? (pic) by omenka(m): 7:25pm On Jan 04, 2016
cizy:

Is this worth breaking the rules for? In trying to address an issue (which can't in any way lead to loss of lives), you're breaking the traffic laws of the country, in which case can lead to accident and subsequently, loss of lives. Why do you have to use your phone while driving on the highway, oh ye "patriotic Nigerian"? angry undecided
#facepalms!

Who says I was "using the phone while driving"? I pulled over and took the first pic through the window of the car. I imagine the glass obscured its clarity. Then I opened the door and took the other two. How does that constitute a violation of traffic laws??

You rushed in here to criticise because some other poster summoned you to do so, and in your haste, you just made a mess of yourself.

Sorry bro, next time, ask questions before throwing shades.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Should WAI-C Be Reintroduced?? (pic) by Dansiki1: 7:31pm On Jan 04, 2016
omenka:
I have a right to my opinion and so do you. If you don't like mine, you might as well choke on your disapproval. Thanks.
Words

2 Likes

Re: Should WAI-C Be Reintroduced?? (pic) by Dansiki1: 7:34pm On Jan 04, 2016
omenka:
My friends and I run an NGO dedicated to empowering youths generally and fresh graduates in particular through skills acquisition and promotion of entrepreneurship. We've organised workshops and boot-camp and competitions on entrepreneurship for students (all free of charge) even though most student union leaders ask that we charge a token for attendance (so they could get some share of the monies realised). All what we did, we did from OUR OWN POCKETS!

You were chased out of your own thread by Aresa, after1 (1after), Modath, NgeneUkwenu et al and think you'd find some refuge here throwing inane tantrums.

A ban is what I don't desire at the moment because I don't wanna rob myself of the freedom to shoot down PDP supporters' propaganda on the forum.

You once deactivated and swore never to return, wonder what brought you back and even moreso, why you turned up this time so broken and hateful.

Sometimes, I wonder how a lady (if you truly are) manage to carry on with such yoke in her heart.

God help you.
Perfect grin

3 Likes

Re: Should WAI-C Be Reintroduced?? (pic) by 1after: 7:36pm On Jan 04, 2016
omenka:

God help you.

Buhahahaha. The jobless troll is one ugly man, he can only deceive his fellow pained losers.

3 Likes

Re: Should WAI-C Be Reintroduced?? (pic) by Jayne2014(f): 7:39pm On Jan 04, 2016
The truth is that Nigeria needs strong institutions not strong men. The foundation is faulty. As someone said previously, that flag shows the condition of Nigeria.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should WAI-C Be Reintroduced?? (pic) by cizy: 7:39pm On Jan 04, 2016
omenka:
#facepalms!

Who says I was "using the phone while driving"? I pulled over and took the first pic through the window of the car. I imagine the glass obscured its clarity. Then I opened the door and took the other two. How does that constitute a violation of traffic laws??

You rushed in here to criticise because some other poster summoned you to do so, and in your haste, you just made a mess of yourself.

Sorry bro, next time, ask questions before throwing shades.

Thanks.

The bolded, I believe you're educated and know the difference between questions and statements right? So what were in my previous post if not questions?

By the way, why pullover that close to a roundabout? Don't you still think it's freaking dangerous?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biafra Protest In UK Live Photos - Happening Now / See What Was Allegedly Found In Nigeria That Is Causing Reaction On Social / Labour Party VP candidate Datti Ahmed Gets Low Turnout In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.