Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,800 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

Banking Blues In 2016 - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banking Blues In 2016 (19240 Views)

Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounter In 2016. - I Take A Bow / Customs Generated N898bn As Revenue In 2016 / Mike Adenuga Is The Biggest Billionaire Gainer In Africa In 2016 - Forbes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banking Blues In 2016 by perfectcato(m): 8:42am On Jan 05, 2016
Growth stage, maturity stage and decline stage...

1 Like

Re: Banking Blues In 2016 by crazygod(m): 8:43am On Jan 05, 2016
On point article. The only way the economy can make sense again is to diversify. We have an economic advantage in agriculture. We need to go back and start harnessing our cash crops again. E.g cocoa and groundnut. We can become highest producer of this commodity if only our government is sincere. We can even invest in entertainment too. That's a big industry on it's own

1 Like

Re: Banking Blues In 2016 by mikkypel(m): 8:44am On Jan 05, 2016
Aviero:

Egbon Lalasticlala, you know this guy is right. This thread is our FP thread. F*cck that shiit! Every sentence is a hit.. from the banker jumping out of the window, to oil and gas. Iyalaya anybody. *slams phone* *middle finger* angry

Egbon Aviero, If you want the FP.. come and collect it

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banking Blues In 2016 by Pidggin(f): 8:45am On Jan 05, 2016
The Bihari effect of change
Re: Banking Blues In 2016 by Creamish(f): 8:45am On Jan 05, 2016
When will we get it right? undecided

1 Like

Re: Banking Blues In 2016 by Youngzedd(m): 8:46am On Jan 05, 2016
Bugatie:

You that understand, we await your own analysis/input

Are you guilty

Na joke Oool
Re: Banking Blues In 2016 by Nobody: 8:49am On Jan 05, 2016
2016 is going to be hot unless Obama or Putin stirs the pot harder in the Middle East .

1 Like

Re: Banking Blues In 2016 by ibadanfinest(m): 8:50am On Jan 05, 2016
The problem is our banks not diversifying their investment focusing majorly on oil and gas which of course has a volatile price.

It is true that economist understand banking while its difficult for a banker to understand economics. That's why with your BSC in Economics you can do masters in banking and finance but with Bsc banking and finance, u can't do your masters in Economics

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banking Blues In 2016 by bigStace: 8:51am On Jan 05, 2016
Thus year would be a good year, thanks for the story op
Re: Banking Blues In 2016 by Nobody: 8:55am On Jan 05, 2016
That's always the problem with the 'bandwagon mentality' of investors. If a few persons make huge profits by investing in a particular venture, everybody suddenly wants to invest; and what do we have? Diminishing Returns. undecided

I only wish they'd rush to invest in Agriculture the way they invested in oil. angry

2 Likes

Re: Banking Blues In 2016 by Nobody: 8:57am On Jan 05, 2016
Lilimax:
2016 must be good cos the Owner of Times and Seasons have gone ahead of me smiley
My little effort in business will yield increase.
I'm very optimistic!
amen smiley

1 Like

Re: Banking Blues In 2016 by wordcat(m): 8:58am On Jan 05, 2016
ofofoCEO:
Well, I couldn't make meaning of this post. grin grin grin

All that was in my mind was reggae blues.

After the reggae play the blues,
a blues a blues
Make you do as I do
I do, I do
Enjoy yourself baby boo
Bae boo, Bae boo
Even your boo get a boo
A boo, A boo
Share the Gala, share the booze
The booze, the booze
Everybody wanna groove
They grove, they groove
As far as E-money dey pay
Dey pay, dey pay
Skiibii o pop champagne oh ah ah

Oya fileeh

Share the oil, share the gas
The gas, the gas
The barrel be like e don dey leak
Dey leak, dey leak
Wordcat bring the horse come oh ah ah

3 Likes

Re: Banking Blues In 2016 by Horlufemi(m): 9:02am On Jan 05, 2016
ofofoCEO:

a blues a blues
Make you do as I do
I do, I do
Enjoy yourself baby boo
Bae boo, Bae boo
Even your boo get a boo
A boo, A boo
The booze, the booze
Everybody wanna groove
They grove, they groove
Dey pay, dey pay

**modified
Well written piece op

Choi
Re: Banking Blues In 2016 by cruzyteejay(m): 9:08am On Jan 05, 2016
hmm,well........only if the banks have listened because am sure someone advised them to look for alternatives that one day crude oyel will be less demanded
Re: Banking Blues In 2016 by RileyJohnson(f): 9:10am On Jan 05, 2016
Plan ahead before April 2016 with the timing of your dividend declarations – pay yourself more dividends this year before the new rates apply next year.
Re: Banking Blues In 2016 by Lobolintin(m): 9:14am On Jan 05, 2016
Lovely

I love the road safety part
Re: Banking Blues In 2016 by OboOlora(f): 9:17am On Jan 05, 2016
ofofoCEO:

a blues a blues
Make you do as I do
I do, I do
Enjoy yourself baby boo
Bae boo, Bae boo
Even your boo get a boo
A boo, A boo
The booze, the booze
Everybody wanna groove
They grove, they groove
Dey pay, dey pay

Articles like that will look strange to oloshos!

**modified
Well written piece op
Re: Banking Blues In 2016 by Nobody: 9:26am On Jan 05, 2016
Aviero:

Lalasticlala, you know this guy is right. This thread is our FP thread. F*cck that shiit! Nairalanders ti take over. Every f**king sentence is a hit.. from the banker jumping out of the window, to oil and gas. ko ni da fun iya anybody. *slams phone* *middle finger* angry

tRUE TALK angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Banking Blues In 2016 by Nobody: 9:27am On Jan 05, 2016
I just hope I can find time to respond to this article via vanguard. The problem was not the shift in paradigm rather it was a case of crass carelessness and fraud in the banking industry. Remember Jim Ovia given out 1 billion naira? The focus shifted from number of accounts to quality of accounts. None of them were ready to manage and deliver quality service except you are an Alhaji or one maga. Nothing stops you from taking advantage of a system of opportunities but the gains should be so diversified that it contributes value for value. The greatest problem to the banking industry now is not oil prices fall rather it's the single treasury account (TSA), the same reason Jonathan refused to proceed with the project.
Re: Banking Blues In 2016 by yomi007k(m): 9:28am On Jan 05, 2016
Aviero:

Lalasticlala, you know this guy is right. This thread is our FP thread. F*cck that shiit! Nairalanders ti take over. Every f**king sentence is a hit.. from the banker jumping out of the window, to oil and gas. ko ni da fun iya anybody. *slams phone* *middle finger* angry

....Oooya Egbon Aviero come and collect the car oo.

2 Likes

Re: Banking Blues In 2016 by Favolly(f): 9:29am On Jan 05, 2016
Aviero:

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Banking Blues In 2016 by ttmacoy: 9:34am On Jan 05, 2016
Enlightening article and spot on about the lazy banking in Nigeria.

Sad for the many people who have lost money in banking stocks investing in IPOs at higher prices.

Reminds me know the Oando saga and the fact that despite huge losses, 2 rights issue in the past 3 year or so, they are coming with another N80bn rights issue which surprisingly will be over subscribed. I still see significant write downs from Oando on the ConocoPhillips assets so I struggle to see how anyone can justify investing especially considering how diluted their shares will be as they have to issue quite a lot of shares at current low prices to raise the planned 80bn.

I am surprised that this is not even being discussed or seem to be an issue at all for Nigerians despite the poor corporate governance being demonstrated.
Re: Banking Blues In 2016 by Fluidelvis(m): 9:41am On Jan 05, 2016
A v.nice piece, carefully penned down, educative & totally thought provoking!
The quicker the banks go back to diversified investment, the better for them, because i foresee this oil drop staying with us for a long while yet!
Re: Banking Blues In 2016 by Ashleyma77(m): 9:50am On Jan 05, 2016
Aviero:

lol...guy u are not alright o...
Re: Banking Blues In 2016 by Nobody: 9:54am On Jan 05, 2016
ejibaba:
I just hope I can find time to respond to this article via vanguard. The problem was not the shift in paradigm rather it was a case of crass carelessness and fraud in the banking industry. Remember Jim Ovia given out 1 billion naira? The focus shifted from number of accounts to quality of accounts. None of them were ready to manage and deliver quality service except you are an Alhaji or one maga. Nothing stops you from taking advantage of a system of opportunities but the gains should be so diversified that it contributes value for value. The greatest problem to the banking industry now is not oil prices fall rather it's the single treasury account (TSA), the same reason Jonathan refused to proceed with the project.
You are very wrong abt TSA
Re: Banking Blues In 2016 by Ayodeb(m): 10:06am On Jan 05, 2016
Another reason why we should mine crypto currency now.
Re: Banking Blues In 2016 by Ayoola171(m): 10:26am On Jan 05, 2016
Thanks for this insightful article.
Re: Banking Blues In 2016 by Atlantian: 10:28am On Jan 05, 2016
When I went to the banks during the growth period for a loan, they insisted on a double digit rate of 19.6% with a "facilitation fee" of a million for each 6 million, which of course will be off the books to expedite it. I walked out disappointed. That was construction loan I was seeking to complete ongoing project. I was so disappointed. They preferred to finance oil/gas and even the mushroomed companies used for subsidy fraud and scam.

Now, my heart is full of joy. With shares prices plummeting and dividends to shareholders maxed out, it becomes necessary for the hawks on suits to re-programme their professional ethics and go back to text book banking. Our banks are corporate hawks and depredators and I pray somehow they go back to core banking and stop this get-rich-quick syndrome.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banking Blues In 2016 by Nobody: 10:42am On Jan 05, 2016
Bobbysworld28:

You are very wrong abt TSA

What do you know is my opinion about TSA? I wrote from experience so I know what I wrote. If you doubt me find out the rate of Treasury bills before TSA implementation and after implementation, or wait am working on a research paper on it now so I can direct you to the paper when published or do your own research.

But my point is what do you think is my opinion about TSA?

1 Like

Re: Banking Blues In 2016 by jnrremedy(m): 10:54am On Jan 05, 2016
ofofoCEO:

a blues a blues
Make you do as I do
I do, I do
Enjoy yourself baby boo
Bae boo, Bae boo
Even your boo get a boo
A boo, A boo
The booze, the booze
Everybody wanna groove
They grove, they groove
Dey pay, dey pay

Smh for u
Re: Banking Blues In 2016 by 1freshdude: 11:02am On Jan 05, 2016
Creamish:
When will we get it right? undecided

When the price of a barrel of crude touches ground.
We have been financing our budget through rents for too long, All this events are blessings in disguise, though it will come with pain and gnashing of teeth but it would only be temporary, like say 10 or 15 years or more depending on how we take advantage of existing technologies and ''Leapfrog''. So brace up baby, we are in for a long ride. cool

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Banking Blues In 2016 by pedrilo: 11:02am On Jan 05, 2016
i have been seriously concerned abt leaving my money in all dis weak banks. i need to act fast.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dangote Refinery Suffers Supply Hiccups: Completion Shifted Till 2020 / Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market / Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,382/$ After $7 Billion FOREX Settlement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.