Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,181 members, 7,811,456 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:56 AM

Dreadlocks: How To Care For Your Dreadlocks - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Dreadlocks: How To Care For Your Dreadlocks (1149 Views)

See The Reply A Guy Gave To Someone Who Was Trying To Care (pics) / Why Dreadlocks Are Beautiful On African Children (tale Of Two Brothers) / Kids With Dreadlocks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dreadlocks: How To Care For Your Dreadlocks by Lautechgossip(m): 5:40pm On Jan 04, 2016

Dreadlocks, also called locks are entwined curls of hair. Some dreadlocks are intentionally formed for the sake of fashion or for artistic purposes, because of the variety of different hair textures. They are widely associated with Rastafarians and spiritual movements.

Somehow, this hairstyle has found its way into the hearts of the fashionable.

Some Nigerian artists sporting the locks include Big Brother Star, Uti Nwachukwu, tinsel star Gbenro Ajibade and famed Presenter and actor Buschi Franklin.

How to care for your dreadlocks

Various methods are used to aid growth and formation of dreadlocks, first forget the myth that tells you not to wash your dreads. Hair needs to be clean to grow and washing it every two weeks encourages tangling which lead to dreading.

Dreadlocks kits

There's also a myth about not combing your dreads, ad opposed to combing, there are special foams and brushes used to entwine the dreads. If you leave hair uncombed for a long time in an attempt to dread it, instead of combing out well, it will look unkept and foamy. So apply hair gel on your hands to separate and twist.

Find the perfect hair products for your dreads, there are specific shampoos, gels and conditioners for dreads.

Pull up in a ponytail if long before bedtime and wear a beanie to prevent dust and dirt.

Touch your dreads every few weeks to detangle each dread from the next.

Dreadlocks Comb

Have your re growth done every three months to help create a better base and make it neat.

http://lazyreporta.com/dreadlocks-how-to-care-for-your-dreadlocks/

1 Like

Re: Dreadlocks: How To Care For Your Dreadlocks by marykaydee: 12:11pm On Mar 16, 2016
Pls i need. A good salon to lock my dreads in rivers state....

(1) (Reply)

I Got A Lifetime Service From Whatsapp, But I Don't Know The Benefits / Download-sexy Lexzy "Balling" Ft Upper X & Ice B0xx Prod By Tigerman. / BREAKING: Scores Trapped To Death In Fatal Accident On Kugbo Hill, Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.