Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

HELP! My Laptop Charger Making Sparkling Noise When Charging - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / HELP! My Laptop Charger Making Sparkling Noise When Charging (1617 Views)

Samsung Mini Laptop Gets Stuck At 29% When Charging / Small Cylinder In Your Laptop Charger: Ever Wondered What It Is For (afriwap) / Why Does My Surface 3 Tablet Go Off When Charging? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP! My Laptop Charger Making Sparkling Noise When Charging by pikapizy(m): 6:32pm On Jan 04, 2016
I've been using the laptop and charger for over one month now..after draining the power in my PC this morning I left it.. i decided to charge it this evening.. i plugged it after sometime i started hearing sparkling/buzzing noise from that box (transformer) of the charger ... very audible noise and its so hot... even hotter than before ! the light is not very full, its NEPA and this noise starts when i plug it to my system. please friends what should i do
Re: HELP! My Laptop Charger Making Sparkling Noise When Charging by MathsChic(f): 6:37pm On Jan 04, 2016
Clearly electrical contact issues, resulting in more heat than necessary. That is, the charger is doing more work with the fraction of electricity it's getting. Did it drop on the ground at any time? Smashed? Does any part of it look cracked or dented? If not, you may need to open it up before it goes completely kaputt.

In case you are wondering, elect/elect was my major. smiley

1 Like

Re: HELP! My Laptop Charger Making Sparkling Noise When Charging by Stycon(m): 12:41am On Jan 05, 2016
MathsChic:
Clearly electrical contact issues, resulting in more heat than necessary. That is, the charger is doing more work with the fraction of electricity it's getting. Did it drop on the ground at any time? Smashed? Does any part of it look cracked or dented? If not, you may need to open it up before it goes completely kaputt.

I still hope to get FULL gist on your journey into the finance world somedaywink
Re: HELP! My Laptop Charger Making Sparkling Noise When Charging by jabojafa(m): 11:00am On Jan 05, 2016
MathsChic:

i wz beginning to wonder how come u knw so much abt d subject until u mentioned majorin in e/e. No wonder u are called mathschic. Which sch did u attend?
Re: HELP! My Laptop Charger Making Sparkling Noise When Charging by pikapizy(m): 11:32am On Jan 05, 2016
MathsChic:

thanks...but i didn't open it up... i just unplugged it... later when they brought a higher current at night i plugged it again...this time i did not here any noise until it got full... even after then still no noise...I'm wondering what may have caused the noise...if it's cos of the low voltage
Re: HELP! My Laptop Charger Making Sparkling Noise When Charging by Lexusgs430: 5:01pm On Jan 05, 2016
pikapizy:

thanks...but i didn't open it up... i just unplugged it... later when they brought a higher current at night i plugged it again...this time i did not here any noise until it got full... even after then still no noise...I'm wondering what may have caused the noise...if it's cos of the low voltage

Better stop wondering and buy another charger. Not unless you are ready to buy a replacement laptop!!!
Re: HELP! My Laptop Charger Making Sparkling Noise When Charging by pikapizy(m): 4:07am On Jan 06, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Better stop wondering and buy another charger. Not unless you are ready to buy a replacement laptop!!!
lol bro i don't understand,you want me to buy another charger?
Re: HELP! My Laptop Charger Making Sparkling Noise When Charging by Lexusgs430: 5:00am On Jan 06, 2016
pikapizy:

lol bro i don't understand,you want me to buy another charger?

That constant sparking to your laptop, is not doing the laptop any good.
Keep enjoying the fireworks display or buy a new charger.
Unless you have saved up for a new laptop, then no point changing the charger pack.
If I want to buy you a new charger? YES
NB :Would buy it for you in 2015!!!
Re: HELP! My Laptop Charger Making Sparkling Noise When Charging by MathsChic(f): 12:55pm On Jan 07, 2016
Stycon:

I still hope to get FULL gist on your journey into the finance world somedaywink
Certainly. Would love to tell.

(1) (Reply)

Hot Deal And Super Neat HP Pavilion Dv9700 From USA 320gb 4gb / Which Is The Best Processor To Go For When Buying A Laptop / Toshiba Laptop For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.