Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,120 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

Arase Bans Police From Accessing Mobile-Phones Of Citizens Illegally - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Arase Bans Police From Accessing Mobile-Phones Of Citizens Illegally (22715 Views)

Recommend Good Andriod Phones Of N35,000 / MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) / Top 10 Android Phones Of 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arase Bans Police From Accessing Mobile-Phones Of Citizens Illegally by GOALGATE: 7:16pm On Jan 04, 2016
Good news for we the G's.. This police have been frustating our lives.. Once they check yah phone, nah #50k...

If you don't give them your phone, Nah "21 slaps".. Thank you Arase
Re: Arase Bans Police From Accessing Mobile-Phones Of Citizens Illegally by demarc001: 7:16pm On Jan 04, 2016
Nice move! Everyone is entitled to privacy.

Once naija police see international number on your phone that automatically makes you a suspect. Yeye people!

1 Like

Re: Arase Bans Police From Accessing Mobile-Phones Of Citizens Illegally by Agunnewi: 7:17pm On Jan 04, 2016
Very good move I would say
Re: Arase Bans Police From Accessing Mobile-Phones Of Citizens Illegally by miqos02(m): 7:21pm On Jan 04, 2016
ok
Re: Arase Bans Police From Accessing Mobile-Phones Of Citizens Illegally by kennyman2000(m): 7:21pm On Jan 04, 2016
If only our police will hear..
Re: Arase Bans Police From Accessing Mobile-Phones Of Citizens Illegally by AngryNigerian(m): 7:21pm On Jan 04, 2016
Beremx:
Enforcing the ban on checkpoints....failed

Enforcing the ban on policemen using danfo buses for patrol...failed!

Now, ban on accessing phones of citizens... another failed talk by Arase.

It's time to sack that Arase guy!

Hmmm...maybe he'll 'technically' implement this one, since it is a technical issue

1 Like

Re: Arase Bans Police From Accessing Mobile-Phones Of Citizens Illegally by deebrain(m): 7:21pm On Jan 04, 2016
Taa!

Is this man trying to protest against Lai Mohammed's headies award for half truth of the year?

Leave trash for Lawma!
Re: Arase Bans Police From Accessing Mobile-Phones Of Citizens Illegally by texazzpete(m): 7:22pm On Jan 04, 2016
Nigerians sha...too timid and too ignorant of your rights.
See people abusing Arase. How many of you have stood your ground to resist attempts to check tot phones ?

They've tried this nonsense with me some years ago and I told the police officer that he has no right to check my phone and I would not unlock it for him without a court order, and that I am mandated to report him to his superiors if he tries to use force. Guy had to step aside and let me pass.

2 Likes

Re: Arase Bans Police From Accessing Mobile-Phones Of Citizens Illegally by seangy4konji: 7:22pm On Jan 04, 2016
Awon we're gbogbo.
Re: Arase Bans Police From Accessing Mobile-Phones Of Citizens Illegally by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jan 04, 2016
Them full oyingbo, Lagos. Them no go wear uniform sef!!
Re: Arase Bans Police From Accessing Mobile-Phones Of Citizens Illegally by nextstep(m): 7:22pm On Jan 04, 2016
Hah hah hah...
I know my rights, but if our men in black decide to start searching my phone, can I call Arase so he can bring his boys to order? I think not.

Abeg, focus on dismantling the toll gates, er I mean, check points where I'm forced to depart with #500-#1000 every damn day, papers or not.

If you won't enforce the law, don't tell us to take matters into our own hands and risk jail, injury or death because you had a good idea in your shower.

2 Likes

Re: Arase Bans Police From Accessing Mobile-Phones Of Citizens Illegally by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jan 04, 2016
Beremx:

Shhhhhhhhhhh!
Re: Arase Bans Police From Accessing Mobile-Phones Of Citizens Illegally by mrofficial(m): 7:23pm On Jan 04, 2016
Tho, the madness is only common on the Mainland. Me and my friends in Banana Island don't know such. cheesy

But seriously, that's another good step forward. It irks me that someone will just go through my phones looking into my privacy and all just because the ragtag is putting on uniform from nowhere and who can happen to be a common criminal in uniform.

These guys have extorted me once with it. Bought a Samsung S4 from computer village and one day I got pulled over and after their usual madness of going through phones, I was asked to sign in to a Samsung account that was on it. I told them that I didn't own the email. The next thing was that, they took me to the station accusing me of being a fraudster. After much time wasting, I parted with 5k in order not to be late for the wedding I was going to.
Re: Arase Bans Police From Accessing Mobile-Phones Of Citizens Illegally by 3rdlegxxx(m): 7:25pm On Jan 04, 2016
ginawest:
so policemen search phones shocked?

it's so obvious naija babes have no idea the things naija guys go through as guys in naija, with police, nepa officials, army and all sort, babes dey enjoy sha angry

1 Like

Re: Arase Bans Police From Accessing Mobile-Phones Of Citizens Illegally by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jan 04, 2016
joseph1832:
Honestly, I'm starting to believe this IG have a lot of sense, I mean, the way he systematically tackles his colleagues speak volumes, I believe he knows first hand what they're capable of, a while ago I watched in Channels TV a documentary about the Police where this same IG said any police man who shoot anybody should be tried to court, be it accidental or not.

And I must say the Police Public Relation Officer Bisi Kolawole is one heck of a very very fine lady. grin grin grin
who all this talk help? how does this stop those useless policemen @ ojuelegba under bridge from harresing citizens every morning, collecting and looking through their phones, their personal effects or bundling them into A transport bus ,driving them off to God knows where and extorting them of their hard earned money or risk being put behind bars
Re: Arase Bans Police From Accessing Mobile-Phones Of Citizens Illegally by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jan 04, 2016
Yahoo boys will be happy now.
Re: Arase Bans Police From Accessing Mobile-Phones Of Citizens Illegally by iorhemen(f): 7:27pm On Jan 04, 2016
oneday dey serch wetin go explode for dier face
Re: Arase Bans Police From Accessing Mobile-Phones Of Citizens Illegally by dragonking2: 7:28pm On Jan 04, 2016
Beremx:

Do you type before you think? Gosh!!!

1 Like

Re: Arase Bans Police From Accessing Mobile-Phones Of Citizens Illegally by joseph1832(m): 7:30pm On Jan 04, 2016
michaelobinna:
who all this talk help? how does this stop those useless policemen @ ojuelegba under bridge from harresing citizens every morning, collecting and looking through their phones, their personal effects or bundling them into A transport bus ,driving them off to God knows where and extorting them of their hard earned money or risk being put behind bars
Read the article again, and when next a police man harass you, always remember to check the name on the tag he wears and check the number on it....
Re: Arase Bans Police From Accessing Mobile-Phones Of Citizens Illegally by faceyourfear: 7:33pm On Jan 04, 2016
yes,they search for western union control numbers
Re: Arase Bans Police From Accessing Mobile-Phones Of Citizens Illegally by amanze15(m): 7:34pm On Jan 04, 2016
"you get plenty credits o, oya transfer for me " grin grin grin Nigeria police are set of clowns
Re: Arase Bans Police From Accessing Mobile-Phones Of Citizens Illegally by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jan 04, 2016
texazzpete:
Nigerians sha...too timid and too ignorant of your rights.
See people abusing Arase. How many of you have stood your ground to resist attempts to check tot phones ?

They've tried this nonsense with me some years ago and I told the police officer that he has no right to check my phone and I would not unlock it for him without a court order, and that I am mandated to report him to his superiors if he tries to use force. Guy had to step aside and let me pass.

For naija bah grin

2 Likes

Re: Arase Bans Police From Accessing Mobile-Phones Of Citizens Illegally by muhakeem(m): 7:38pm On Jan 04, 2016
police is our friends, but it's only the IG that is our friend..... the problem is that we do not see him around when we need him the most

pls am sitting down here selling popcorn for those people who came here just to read comments
Re: Arase Bans Police From Accessing Mobile-Phones Of Citizens Illegally by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jan 04, 2016
searchiing4love:

For naija bah grin

Yes

The manner of approach matters a lot when you are dealing with Nigerian policemen.
Re: Arase Bans Police From Accessing Mobile-Phones Of Citizens Illegally by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jan 04, 2016
Nice one!
Re: Arase Bans Police From Accessing Mobile-Phones Of Citizens Illegally by Anybodie: 7:41pm On Jan 04, 2016
AngryNigerian:
He can't even enforce the ban on Police checkpoints, how will he enforce this one

Yeye jus de smell everywhere!
You're truly angry

1 Like

Re: Arase Bans Police From Accessing Mobile-Phones Of Citizens Illegally by worlexy(m): 7:43pm On Jan 04, 2016
Same way be banned them from mounting roadblocks but we all know they are still on the road collecting N50 like beggars

1 Like

Re: Arase Bans Police From Accessing Mobile-Phones Of Citizens Illegally by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jan 04, 2016
daretodiffer:

Yes

The manner of approach matters a lot when you are dealing with Nigerian policemen.

U can't sit in Scotland and tell me what's going on here. Those guys are beast in uniforms. There was a day I was passing through Berger Lagos and they accosted me, showed me ID card and insisted I switch on my laptop after showing then my ID. Do u know having a laptop or an high end phone automatically makes u a yahoo person in front of naija police? If they find an international number on ur call list they will insist U call the person to be sure it's not your oyinbo maga. They don't give a damn about how polite u are or how well u know ur rights. Most of us obey their madness because of their trigger happy nature. Na so

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arase Bans Police From Accessing Mobile-Phones Of Citizens Illegally by idris4eva(m): 7:48pm On Jan 04, 2016
ginawest:
so policemen search phones shocked?
the times they have check my fone is more than the number of my age one nearly land me @eleweran sef.....dats hw dey treat any guy they see as long as u r above 18 n using a browsing fone cos for their mind them be yahoo boys........
Re: Arase Bans Police From Accessing Mobile-Phones Of Citizens Illegally by andyanders: 7:48pm On Jan 04, 2016
Without banning them from the checkpoint and by the use of Danfor to be arresting innocent citizens, the IG has not started.

The way the Nigerian police infringe on the rights of Nigerians are getting out of hand. Using armed and drunk police during ceremonies whereby they get drunk and start killing innocent people just like what happened in Anambra or Enugu State whereby a would be married man was kiled by a drunk officer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ulefone Power 6050mAh 2.5D Arc Screen Corning Gorilla Glass 3 | WHAT WE WANTED / At What Age Should A Child Be Allowed To Have A Mobile Phone With Internet? / Pls Help. My Techno Phone Cant Send Out Text Messages Anymore.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.