Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,028 members, 7,818,036 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Sports Minister (Dalung) Visits Nat'l Stadium, Surulere | Embarrasses Officials - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sports Minister (Dalung) Visits Nat'l Stadium, Surulere | Embarrasses Officials (904 Views)

The Football Forever Statue At Teslim Balogun Stadium, Surulere (Photos) / Ambode, Dalung Inspect Facilities At National Stadium, Surulere / Solomon Dalung Visits National Stadium Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sports Minister (Dalung) Visits Nat'l Stadium, Surulere | Embarrasses Officials by Mustay(m): 6:43am On Jan 05, 2016

STORIES BY MONICA IHEAKAM

IT was drama galore yesterday as the Minister of Youths and Sports, Solomon Dalung inspected facilities at the National Stadium, Surulere, Lagos.

From the Games Village Surulere, the swimming pool section inside the National Stadium, his office at the Mainbowl, Dalung expressed shock at the level of decay and rot tional Sports Commission officials on ground, Dalung meticulously went round the facilities throwing questions at the officials who became jittery at the manner in which the Minis- ter asked for clarifications.

At the office designated for the Minister, Dalung chided the NSC officials who did not deem it fit to rid the office of rodents, cobwebs and dusts.

To compound the embarrassment, Dalung inscribed his name on the dusty table provided for him.

While at the swimming section, Dalung declared that he was not impressed by the fire brigade upgrading going on, thus rattling Joseph Odebeatu who has been given the contract to upgrade the swimming pool.

“I know that the work going on is a political gimmick because the Minister is coming for inspection. Once the minister goes the work stops,” Dalung began.

“I am interested in the projects and facilities and I am going to beam my searchlight on the contractors once funds are provided,” he stated.

sunnewsonline.com/new/drama-as-dalung-inspects-national-stadium/

Re: Sports Minister (Dalung) Visits Nat'l Stadium, Surulere | Embarrasses Officials by Mustay(m): 6:50am On Jan 05, 2016

To compound the embarrassment, Dalung inscribed his name on the dusty table provided for him.

This is CLASSIC cool

Nonetheless, many are Sports Ministers who have come to inspect the Surulere Stadium and many are those who have gone. I hope Dalung's inscription is an improvement that stands the test of time where he'll be remembered positively after he's gone.

Because we do not demand accountability from our government officials, these guys get allocations from the budget but waste our money. Yet we want magic at sports competitions; it's never done!

If there's a loophole in the management of these infrastructures, let a PPP be employed so that Sports can not only serve as a means of revenue but an avenue to create jobs for the unemployed. We are wasting our national assets and this is where corruption has led us to.

Sports is big business but some thieves are making it big losses for us and big business for their stomach. SMH

(1) (Reply)

Enugu Rangers F.C Title Parade : EMBARRASSING . / Carl Ikeme Injured Again / See Latest Update On The Nigeria Vs Senegal Match -happening Now.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.