Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,493 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

The Saudi-arabia - Iran Row And Nigeria's Budget - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Saudi-arabia - Iran Row And Nigeria's Budget (703 Views)

BBC Mocks Nigeria's Budget Debacle / 2016 Federal Government Of Nigeria Budget Proposal - Download Full Budget Here / "Nigeria's Budget Is Intact With Clerk Of The House Of Reps." - Yakubu Dogara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Saudi-arabia - Iran Row And Nigeria's Budget by chidibond(m): 7:44am On Jan 05, 2016
It is no news that there has been escalating tension between the Saudis and the Iranians over the execution of some suspected terrorists.
News outlets have been reporting since yesterday, a rally in oil prices as a result of these developments.

MY TAKE
I believe that Nigeria being a prominent OPEC member can benefit a lot from this current row. Considering the budget was premised on a benchmark of 36/37 USD PB, increased oil prices can help us fund our bloated budget deficit.

Conclusively, If not for the attendant loss of lives, an escalation of the Middle East crisis should be welcomed by Nigerians.

NB: don't crucify me, war mongering around the world built most developed capitalist economies.

CC: lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: The Saudi-arabia - Iran Row And Nigeria's Budget by tos4u(m): 7:51am On Jan 05, 2016
Farming, farming and farming
Re: The Saudi-arabia - Iran Row And Nigeria's Budget by DjAndroid: 7:52am On Jan 05, 2016
That is if Nigeria is left out of the row. Remember Iran has not forgotten the killing of the Shiites in Nigeria.

Moreover, I don't think Nigeria can rise up again with oil alone.
Re: The Saudi-arabia - Iran Row And Nigeria's Budget by chidibond(m): 8:07am On Jan 05, 2016
DjAndroid:
That is if Nigeria is left out of the row. Remember Iran has not forgotten the killing of the Shiites in Nigeria.

Moreover, I don't think Nigeria can rise up again with oil alone.
it may be correct that less than 30% of the budget will be financed by oil sales. However there's no doubt the positive impact an increase in oil prices will have on our foreign reserves.

1 Like

Re: The Saudi-arabia - Iran Row And Nigeria's Budget by mysteriousman(m): 8:08am On Jan 05, 2016
May everything good come the way of my dear country. Amen

(1) (Reply)

Strange Facts, Traditions And History Of Feb. 29 Explained / An Earthquake Has Been Detected In North Korea, Close To A Site Previously Used / Bukola Saraki Meets With IMF MD Christine Lagarde At The National Assembly. Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.