Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,469 members, 7,808,688 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:24 PM

HELP - Installing A PHP Script On My Website Using GITHUB - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / HELP - Installing A PHP Script On My Website Using GITHUB (2379 Views)

How Do I Install A Script On My Website? / How To Install Php Script On Windows Xp / Nigeria’s Top Programmers And Developers As Ranked By Github 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP - Installing A PHP Script On My Website Using GITHUB by GreatManBee: 8:43am On Jan 05, 2016
Hi Programmers in the house,
I need to install a PHP script on my website using GITHUB.
I have done some google searches but no solution yet.
I am not used to the github clone command. All I do whenever I want to install a script is use either fantastico or softaculous on my cpanel.
Is it possible to do this? If yes, can you please guide me?
Your help is appreciated.
Re: HELP - Installing A PHP Script On My Website Using GITHUB by roadsta(m): 8:49am On Jan 05, 2016
Clone the repo (git clone git@address/to/repo) or download the zip file
modify/do whatever u wish to suit ur taste
And .....
I think that's all
Re: HELP - Installing A PHP Script On My Website Using GITHUB by GreatManBee: 8:56am On Jan 05, 2016
roadsta:
Clone the repo (git clone git@address/to/repo) or download the zip file
modify/do whatever u wish to suit ur taste
And .....
I think that's all

Thanks for your prompt feedback.
I am not used to the github clone command. All I do whenever I want to install a script is use either fantastico or softaculous on my cpanel.
But this program is not available on fantastico. I will be glad if you can clarify more.
Re: HELP - Installing A PHP Script On My Website Using GITHUB by omoelu1(m): 8:59am On Jan 05, 2016
GreatManBee:

Thanks for your prompt feedback.
But this program is not available on fantastico. I will be glad if you can clarify more.
download the zip file from github(i's sure you can do that).
Then upload the downloaded zip file to your site and unzip it there.

3 Likes

Re: HELP - Installing A PHP Script On My Website Using GITHUB by guru01(m): 10:23am On Jan 05, 2016
GreatManBee:
Hi Programmers in the house,
I need to install a PHP script on my website using GITHUB.
I have done some google searches but no solution yet.
Is it possible to do this? If yes, can you please guide me?
Your help is appreciated.

Download the zip file from the repos.
But are you really a programmer?
Re: HELP - Installing A PHP Script On My Website Using GITHUB by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jan 05, 2016
Use Filezilla to upload the github file to your host websites files. I recommend you use hostgator .
Re: HELP - Installing A PHP Script On My Website Using GITHUB by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jan 05, 2016
I just dey laff at all the above comments - it is only hard-core programmers that can understand all those una languages.

Oya, make me sef talk my own
@op, open the bash console of your website via SSH and issue the git clone command, it will download the gaddamn script straight up. . . .

guru01:

Download the zip file from the repos.
But are you really a programmer?
I am sorry to say this, but the op seem to be CMS installer to me.

@op, let us really try to help you. You need to give us the link to the github thingy you are talking about so that we can tell you the simplest way to install it.
There are some that if you do not use composer, all the clone commands and download zip shall fail thee. Then you need to give us an idea of the kind of server you are using so that we can advise you on how best to install it - but from your talk, i suspect it is a cpanel type of host.

Or better still, get a real programmer to install it for you.
Re: HELP - Installing A PHP Script On My Website Using GITHUB by GreatManBee: 7:46pm On Jan 05, 2016
https://github.com/mybb/mybb2/wiki/Install-Development-Copy

LOL. That's the link. I'm not really a programmer perse but I'm learning. Like you asked, I use cpanel. I don't have access to SSH on my server because its shared hosting. Your help will be appreciated.

dhtml18:
I just dey laff at all the above comments - it is only hard-core programmers that can understand all those una languages.

Oya, make me sef talk my own
@op, open the bash console of your website via SSH and issue the git clone command, it will download the gaddamn script straight up. . . .

I am sorry to say this, but the op seem to be CMS installer to me.

@op, let us really try to help you. You need to give us the link to the github thingy you are talking about so that we can tell you the simplest way to install it.
There are some that if you do not use composer, all the clone commands and download zip shall fail thee. Then you need to give us an idea of the kind of server you are using so that we can advise you on how best to install it - but from your talk, i suspect it is a cpanel type of host.

Or better still, get a real programmer to install it for you.

1 Like

Re: HELP - Installing A PHP Script On My Website Using GITHUB by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jan 05, 2016
So you are using Laravel 5.2 . You can't install that script without knowledge of Laravel framework .
Re: HELP - Installing A PHP Script On My Website Using GITHUB by GreatManBee: 8:42pm On Jan 05, 2016
proxy20:
So you are using Laravel 5.2 . You can't install that script without knowledge of Laravel framework .

@ dhtml18

Does it mean there's no alternative way to install the script?

Re: HELP - Installing A PHP Script On My Website Using GITHUB by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jan 05, 2016
GreatManBee:

@ dhtml18
Except you install Laravel 5.2 , I am not focusing on php for now .
Re: HELP - Installing A PHP Script On My Website Using GITHUB by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jan 05, 2016
proxy20:
Yeah right

GreatManBee:

@ dhtml18
I was joking about the SSH stuff earlier, but you really need it. You can even see that the instruction was written in linux shell mode. All those commands were executed on a linux shell. So to set this thing up on your server, you must enter the ssh console and start firing commands.

This one is not a simple matter of downloading a zip and extracting it anywhere. Plus you must have laravel installed too. . . .
Re: HELP - Installing A PHP Script On My Website Using GITHUB by GreatManBee: 11:58pm On Jan 05, 2016
Chai!
Nah wa o.
I'll move to a dedicated server or VPS then. This will give me access to SSH.

Thanks for your help.
dhtml18:

Yeah right

I was joking about the SSH stuff earlier, but you really need it. You can even see that the instruction was written in linux shell mode. All those commands were executed on a linux shell. So to set this thing up on your server, you must enter the ssh console and start firing commands.

This one is not a simple matter of downloading a zip and extracting it anywhere. Plus you must have laravel installed too. . . .
Re: HELP - Installing A PHP Script On My Website Using GITHUB by foldl: 12:20pm On Jan 06, 2016
When you do want to clone that repository be sure to change the URL in this line:
 $ git clone git@github.com:mybb/mybb2.git 

to this:
 $ git clone https://github.com/mybb/mybb2.git 

The first one will fail if you don't have a GitHub recognized private key in your home directory while the second one doesn't require any key.
Re: HELP - Installing A PHP Script On My Website Using GITHUB by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jan 06, 2016
GreatManBee:
Chai!
Nah wa o.
I'll move to a dedicated server or VPS then. This will give me access to SSH.

Thanks for your help.
But some shared servers allow SSH access too. Are you sure you checked very well? And without SSH access, clone jobs run on CLI mode.
And it is possible to run BASH SCRIPTS (containing SSH commands) via a cron job - it is a kind of hack. . . .
Re: HELP - Installing A PHP Script On My Website Using GITHUB by GreatManBee: 8:37pm On Jan 09, 2016
Can you walk me through please?

dhtml18:

But some shared servers allow SSH access too. Are you sure you checked very well? And without SSH access, clone jobs run on CLI mode.
And it is possible to run BASH SCRIPTS (containing SSH commands) via a cron job - it is a kind of hack. . . .
Re: HELP - Installing A PHP Script On My Website Using GITHUB by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jan 09, 2016
GreatManBee:
Can you walk me through please?

Walk through what precisely?
Do you for example know how to use/setup laravel? There is a whole lot of learning to do before you can execute these stuffs, best is to look for a guru somewhere to help you out - with a little pay. Me, i am just an amateur. . .

(1) (Reply)

C++ Question / Great Websites For Developers / Need Help Registering For A Google Play Developer Account.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.