Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

An Early Morning Job Scam By An Unknown Caller - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / An Early Morning Job Scam By An Unknown Caller (1134 Views)

8 Tips To Help You Avoid A Job Scam / Get To Your Morning Job Faster Than You Currently Do / Nairalanders Epic reply to a UAE Job scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Early Morning Job Scam By An Unknown Caller by godfrey01(m): 10:03am On Jan 05, 2016
JOB SCAM
Hello fellow nairalanders. Lets all please beware of unknown persons who call us to give us job without us even seeing or meeting them or even meeting the person tthey direct us to through phone call.
Here is what i witnessed this morning at a barbing saloon, where i went to cut my hair this morning here in benin city.
When I entered the store I saw the barber receiving phone call. I didnt really pay attention to the call because what was on my mind was my hair cut. Before I realise, I heard the barber saying “yes sir” thank you sir”. The guy droped the call and went outside to buy card then callled a number which the first caller gave him. The receiver of the second call was a lady, all I heard from the barber was N15000, NPDC, FORM, N80000. To cut the whole story short, it was a job scam.
The first caller told the barber that he his DR Tony from Living faith Aka winners and he mentioned the barber full names and that the barber told him sometime ago he was looking for a job. and right now there is a vacant position at NPDC along sapele road by adesuwa road, benin city but currently he is not in Benin and that what will happen, he will give him the number of a lady who works at the same NPDC to call her and let her know that its Dr Tony who directed him ( the barber ).
When the barber called the woman, she told him that the person occupying the vacant position which Dr Tony told him about, has traveled abroad for further studies and that currently someone one is on his way from enugu to replace that position but she and others in the office don”t want the person coming from enugu to occupy the position. So the lady said, that the barber should immediately make a payment of 15k to an account before his cv willl be collected. The barber told the lady that he don’t have such money and that since she is in benin and the NPDC is in benin too, let him (the barber) come to her office and meet her one on one. The lady said no, that she is busy and can’t see him. The barber ended the call.
The barber called Dr Tony back, letting him know of what the lady has said, Dr Tony now said he (Tony ) is not in Benin. Dr Tony told the barber to make the payment and do what the lady just said. Before the end of the call, Dr tony who wants to link someone to a job asked the barber to send him mtn recharge card of 400 naira.
It was a pure Job scam.
Please fellow nairalanders, never send money to anyone for a job, do it on one condition, if the person allows you to meet him or her one on one or you can negotiate with the person to collect half or full pay of your first salary. This is 2016, be wise in the job hunting.
Re: An Early Morning Job Scam By An Unknown Caller by DuchessLily(f): 10:08am On Jan 05, 2016
Naija!!!
Re: An Early Morning Job Scam By An Unknown Caller by yorex2011: 10:42am On Jan 05, 2016
shocked shocked shocked
Re: An Early Morning Job Scam By An Unknown Caller by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jan 05, 2016
That was how one stupid man also called me this morning saying he was an engr with Mobil in eket akwa ibom also that i should also call someone else and purchase a form of 15k just directly the same way the OP described. Na thunder go fire them.

(1) (Reply)

Job For Administrative Officer At Fanmilk Plc / Atacoff Services LLP Job Vacancies (7 Positions) / Friday Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.