Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,552 members, 7,819,957 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

Visafone Lay Off All The Staffs (sold To Mtn) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Visafone Lay Off All The Staffs (sold To Mtn) (1099 Views)

Jason Njoku: "Why Konga Was Sold To Zinox" / Keystone Bank Sold To A Nigerian Investors For 25 Billion Naira / Tony Elumelu & UBA Staffs In Happy In Selfies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Visafone Lay Off All The Staffs (sold To Mtn) by tundes1(m): 10:42am On Jan 05, 2016
In lieu of the take over of VISAFONE COMMUNICATIONS LTD. The company owned by JIM OVIA (the Founder of Zenith Bank PLC); the take over is by MTN Nigeria, the company, i.e. Visafone communications Ltd, is asking the staffs to come and
sign a prepared "Resignation Letter"by the management that is no longer existing as at the time of sharing the letter.

Gentlemen of the public, this is an unfair and wicked games played by the employer against the employee. When you sign such letter, you cannot access your pension, the bank you collected loan from, will be after you. Because, it is implicated that, you have another job before you resign. This is not right, the company has been sold, all the staffs should be settled well and the letter should not read "Resignation"

embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Visafone Lay Off All The Staffs (sold To Mtn) by njikoamaka: 10:54am On Jan 05, 2016
With brainless leader, Nigeria is in for more of this. Though not my prayer, but that is just the reality.
Presently, the environment is very hostile for businesses to thrive.
Re: Visafone Lay Off All The Staffs (sold To Mtn) by madenigga(m): 10:56am On Jan 05, 2016
theres supposed to be some compensation now.
Normally the companies settles staff before laying them off maybe a few bucks or millions for u guys to start up sth.
Re: Visafone Lay Off All The Staffs (sold To Mtn) by madenigga(m): 10:57am On Jan 05, 2016
njikoamaka:
With brainless leader, Nigeria is in for more of this. Though not my prayer, but that is just the reality.
Presently, the environment is very hostile for businesses to thrive.
can I ask u sth
Re: Visafone Lay Off All The Staffs (sold To Mtn) by Lilimax(f): 11:09am On Jan 05, 2016
Has MTN paid the 780 Billion fine handed over to them by NCC over unregistered SIMs. undecided
Failing to do so, the should not be allowed to acquire Visafone thereby continue milking Nigerians dry. embarassed
Re: Visafone Lay Off All The Staffs (sold To Mtn) by Nobody: 11:23am On Jan 05, 2016
Mtn cannot pay ncc fine but can acquire company
Re: Visafone Lay Off All The Staffs (sold To Mtn) by EnterPRO: 11:50am On Jan 05, 2016
na wa o!
Re: Visafone Lay Off All The Staffs (sold To Mtn) by Walexz02(m): 1:52pm On Jan 05, 2016
Bye bye to visafon
Re: Visafone Lay Off All The Staffs (sold To Mtn) by larrynakel: 7:24pm On Jan 05, 2016
Yea..it was just as if we were being used and played all along .. the management kept us in the dark and never communicated anything about the merger to the staff.. In fact, it got to a point where some of us went to meet the head of department to ask what really was going on but we were told nothing is happening and that all we hear outside or in the media were all lies..
I got to the office and noticed my official mail has been disconnected and my computer system yanked off the network.. we were called to an emergency meeting where the unit head broke the news of what was about to happen and the next minute ,our resignation letters which the management prepared on our behalf was handed over to us to sign and submitt with our staff ID card... I worked 8 years with Visafone and all I got as pay off was just 3 months salary.. I feel abused and used !!!..
Re: Visafone Lay Off All The Staffs (sold To Mtn) by yomalex(m): 7:42pm On Jan 05, 2016
This is heart rending
Re: Visafone Lay Off All The Staffs (sold To Mtn) by pweetymama(f): 7:47pm On Jan 05, 2016
What?wow!
Re: Visafone Lay Off All The Staffs (sold To Mtn) by Trut(m): 10:12pm On Jan 05, 2016
Many people are complaining in their Facebook page.
Re: Visafone Lay Off All The Staffs (sold To Mtn) by drmikeadams(m): 12:02am On Jan 06, 2016
And I was asking one of their female staff in festac branch ,em dey blow grammar for me ...

(1) (Reply)

Stock Exchange: Dangote Cement Lifts Nigerian Market / SERIOUSLY, You Can Stay Off Being Broke With This System / Product Barcode Registration In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.