Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,626 members, 7,865,536 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 08:03 PM

Hdd & Dvd Config - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Hdd & Dvd Config (641 Views)

. / Latest Free Browsing Trick Using Airtel With This Edited Simple Server Config / Brand New High Config Laptops At The Lowest Prices In Nigeria: Updated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hdd & Dvd Config by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jun 15, 2009
Hello Everyone,am a newbie when it comes to installing HDD and DVD, CD and Burners. I have a PC which my Engineer told me that I can only use two IDE ports on the motherboard. I feel it is a waste of SATA cable, but I obliged because I can't do otherwise. However, I just reinstalled and  changed the OS of Windows XP1 to Windows XP 2 because of viruses and I just decided to up the OS to allow me have real player 11 installed, it or the later help to rip songs and stuff from youtube.com and other sites. Now I discover the system comes up and works sluggishly but I plan to up the RAM from 256MB to 256MB + 512MB, but now my problem is how to reset my CMOS settings. I only want to use my primary IDE slot to power and connect the HDD and DVD ROM on one channel.So I made my HDD the primary MASTER and DVD ROM the Primary SLAVE by putting the jumpers at the first position and second respectively. When I ran the PC, it told me there was an incompatibility at primary Master ATAPI,when I run at AUTO, it works. And from BIOS, HDD is my first port of call. I would love to have the manual settings. Now the middle of the cable is on the HDD and the other end is on the DVD ROM and I really want it to stay that way. But I guess the middle means slave, so does the jumper override the cable positioning? So that I can have PRIMARY MASTER-HDD, PRIMARY SLAVE-DVD, SEC MASTER-Not Installed, SEC Slave-Not Installed.I don't think I will notice or complain of any sluggishness with over 600MB RAM.

(1) (Reply)

Guys Please Help Me I Need Help In Updating My Antivirus. / Mcse Certification / Mtn 3g Data Acess Down?!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.